Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

raced a Cobalt SS & Mustang GT.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 04:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default raced a Cobalt SS & Mustang GT.

Black Cobalt SS: Exhaust (is all i could tell)
Blue Mustang GT: Exhaust w/ Black Shelby Rims. (those tt2 lookin set of wheels)
My SS: mods in sig...

Highway runs lastnight!

So lastnight on our way back home, i was following my friend in her Ford Focus. She had a radar, so i stayed behind since i dont have one yet. We came up on a Black Cobalt SS. So as i got next to him, i through him a rev and sure enough he bites. He comes after me, as all 3 of us are passing an 18 Wheeler. Once we pass it, this guy turns back into the other lane & just comes flying right by me. So i go in pursuit and at about 130, i finally get up next to him and begin passing and i let off after that. As were going, we come up on the Mustang GT. We both pass him and the Cobalt does his flyby again, this time i pursue for a bit then let off. i spot the Mustang flashing me down. So i slow down and let the GT catch up. Cobalt stays ahead of us...

Me & the GT line them up, from a 60 roll and he honks it off. We hit it and were dead even for a few seconds then i start pulling on him hard. I end up putting about a car length on him before i shut it down.

Cobalt finally lines up evenly with me at 60. He honks it off and we hit it, and i quickly pull on him right off the start. I put atleast 2 car's or more on him by the time i shut it down. I was surprised, thought it wouldve been better. I guess he was stock with just an exhaust? Maybe in the wrong gear. Idk but it looked nasty according to my friends lol

Oh and my friend would stay behind us for the most part, untill we did the runs. She was also a Mustang lover, in those models. She does not like the new models but after racing the GT with her right behind us watching. I think it changed her mind, cuz i texted her afterwords "so what u think about your mustangs now?" and she replies "omg, i didnt think i would say this but they ****** suck" lol

Last edited by Badguy7; 03-27-2009 at 05:02 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Badguy7
Black Cobalt SS: Exhaust (is all i could tell)
Blue Mustang GT: Exhaust w/ Black Shelby Rims. (those tt2 lookin set of wheels)
My SS: mods in sig...

Highway runs lastnight!

So lastnight on our way back home, i was following my friend in her Ford Focus. She had a radar, so i stayed behind since i dont have one yet. We came up on a Black Cobalt SS. So as i got next to him, i through him a rev and sure enough he bites. He comes after me, as all 3 of us are passing an 18 Wheeler. Once we pass it, this guy turns back into the other lane & just comes flying right by me. So i go in pursuit and at about 130, i finally get up next to him and begin passing and i let off after that. As were going, we come up on the Mustang GT. We both pass him and the Cobalt does his flyby again, this time i pursue for a bit then let off. i spot the Mustang flashing me down. So i slow down and let the GT catch up. Cobalt stays ahead of us...

Me & the GT line them up, from a 60 roll and he honks it off. We hit it and were dead even for a few seconds then i start pulling on him hard. I end up putting about a car length on him before i shut it down.
Your dead even and then you start pulling on him hard? You shut it down about a car length on him? That **** is hilarous! Nice kills!
Old 03-27-2009, 05:29 PM
TECH Addict

Maybe because my car's an A4, it turned out that way. Idk but i just remember him being next to me for a few seconds right when we hit it, then i began pulling pretty easy. I tend to shut down early, i dont see the need in going any further aslong as your headlights are in my rear view.

Last edited by Badguy7; 03-27-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:38 PM
Teching In

nice kills bro
Old 03-27-2009, 05:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice kills.

She just needs to find the right stang.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Nice kills.

Haha yeaa, i tell her the 03/04 Cobra's are the ****, Mach 1's are pretty good along with the new body style mustang's but she's not into the new style stang's. I havent seen any Cobra's or Mach's around here for sale either, so she could take a look at but she seems to be liking the F-Body's now.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Badguy7
Haha yeaa, i tell her the 03/04 Cobra's are the ****, Mach 1's are pretty good along with the new body style mustang's but she's not into the new style stang's. I havent seen any Cobra's or Mach's around here for sale either, so she could take a look at but she seems to be liking the F-Body's now.
There are plenty of machs for sale in Tx on the registry.

Nothing wrong with an Fbod though.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

You have a very good point. They are the PERFECT girl car.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:57 PM
TECH Regular

pony... that is a very nice butt in your avatar... may I barrow it please?
Old 03-27-2009, 11:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
You have a very good point. They are the PERFECT girl car.
Sucks to lose to a "girl" car doesn't it?......AHAHHAHAHAHAHHA
Originally Posted by Sicko
pony... that is a very nice butt in your avatar... may I barrow it please?
TY.......but, it's not for the 'borrowing'. ROFL.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sucks to lose to a "girl" car doesn't it?......AHAHHAHAHAHAHHA
TY.......but, it's not for the 'borrowing'. ROFL.
It hasn't happened yet. I'm sure it will someday.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

It hasn't happened yet. I'm sure it will someday.
MAN I wish I still had one of them.....I'd bet the DSG would have been on your heals....and the AB would beat you......FUC I HATRE THIS ****!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm tired of it
Old 03-28-2009, 12:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

MAN I wish I still had one of them.....I'd bet the DSG would have been on your heals....and the AB would beat you......FUC I HATRE THIS ****!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm tired of it
You'll get another one. I'd like to find a Stang around here that would run me and could hang. The ones that can hang won't run and the others are just punk *** kids or its damp and no one can hook. The Cobra guy wants another piece of me but he thinks I'll take him.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:12 AM
Staging Lane

Well if we wanna be honest I see more girls driving vettes than I do guys, so I guess a vette is a girls car too!
Old 03-28-2009, 12:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

You'll get another one. I'd like to find a Stang around here that would run me and could hang. The ones that can hang won't run and the others are just punk *** kids or its damp and no one can hook. The Cobra guy wants another piece of me but he thinks I'll take him.
yeah.....when I'm 40 maybe.........midlife...........I hate this ****...I'm hope all of you count your blessings.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:31 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by 06MUSTANGGT24V
Well if we wanna be honest I see more girls driving vettes than I do guys, so I guess a vette is a girls car too!
My mom's on her 2nd Vette
Old 03-28-2009, 02:20 PM
TECH Addict

There are plenty of machs for sale in Tx on the registry.

Nothing wrong with an Fbod though.
Kool, ill have to look that up for her. I think there is supposibly a Mach in Midland, which is a few minutes away but i dont really go there that much but guess i could lol we looked a Trans Am and she was really liking it, but its already got 2 sales pending on it. So it wont last long..
Old 03-28-2009, 04:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol you have full exhaust and the mustang had exhaust and you pulled a car...I'm confused as to why the mustang sucks. you don't even know if he had full exhaust or just an axleback.

nice runs though