Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

WRX, and a R6

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 11:43 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WRX, and a R6

Well yesterday over the course of the day i had run into two races up at my school. Aside from running into the yuppies with there parents 'vettes and some supras...( which is beyond me how a 20-23 year old college student can afford a modded supra). Well anyway my friend was bugging me all dam day to let him drive my car. Well considering hes probably one of the only people i trust cause his dad has a 2000 Camaro vert, so what the hay. We went out and about to the gas station to grab some **** and on the way out he hauls it after this WRX leaving the parking lot and we get on his *** and eventually catch the light. I looked over and acknowledged him and he nodded. so the light turns green and We do about a 2000rmp launch and got about a car on him and as its looking great in out case my friend totally missed 2nd gear.... As it took off buy us i just put my head down in disappointment... as for mods, definitely turbo back and making more boost not sure what turbo though.

2nd race, later that night my buddy and i went out for a cruise and we were side by side on this 2 lane 5 mile strip through the city and i got next to him and we went from about a 20-25mph roll, i could tell he didnt get on it that fast but when he did i hammered it, put about a car on him and kept pulling. His bike is a 2001 Yamaha R6 with a Vance and Heins(sp) slip on, different sprocket, but mostly stock. I think if he would have rolled on full throttle he would have jumped on me but i think i would have hung with it, not sure we'll probably go out again tonight and see
Old 03-28-2009, 01:11 PM
Staging Lane

The bike should have raped you! Unless he's 300lbs and is a squid!
Old 03-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 94Mustang302ci
The bike should have raped you! Unless he's 300lbs and is a squid!
Or 6th gear if he really wanted to race he would've put the bike in 1st gear and he would've blown your doors off.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:12 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah i know he should have raped me lol but he had a passenger and didnt want to drive like a wreckless idiot so he wasnt shifting hard and was only at like 90% throttle... Oh well still boosted my self esteem

Originally Posted by AWD_Launch
Or 6th gear if he really wanted to race he would've put the bike in 1st gear and he would've blown your doors off.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:46 AM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ya the bike should have taken you out no problem. I had a stock 01 cbr 600 and they ran about the same as a 01 R6 except the 01 cbr is the first year of fuel injection. Anyways my bike was basically all stock and I ran low 11's in the 1/4 around 120 mph. Most of the 01 era 600's were tested around a 10.8 @ 127 mph. Heres a good website for performance numbers of most bikes http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_...mes/index.html
Old 03-29-2009, 07:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sictransit00
I think if he would have rolled on full throttle he would have jumped on me but i think i would have hung with it, not sure we'll probably go out again tonight and see
My 2000 R6 can beat your car with half throttle.

Also, the first R6 ran 10.7s @125
The 03s got fuel injection and ran slightly faster. Throw exhaust and gears on it and...
Old 03-29-2009, 09:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sictransit00
Yeah i know he should have raped me lol but he had a passenger and didnt want to drive like a wreckless idiot so he wasnt shifting hard and was only at like 90% throttle... Oh well still boosted my self esteem
Squid, people can still run bikes hard with passengers no problem. 1st may not be 100% for fear of lifting the front tire off the ground but even with a rider he should've walked your car.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

he for sure wasn't in it at all man. i raced my buddy's '03 r6 with gears and a slip-on. and barely got him from a 45 punch and he's a damn good rider. and i got everything you have, plus headers, t/d's, and a 150 shot. not meanin to burst your bubble.