Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Killed by a bike. Have a question

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 04:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Killed by a bike. Have a question

So I was going out to visit one of my friends at college this past weekend and had a run in with looked to be a 02 or 03 GSX-R 750. I was cruisin, running about 10 over and passed him like everybody else. He gets about a car back and I see him coming back up on me. He lines up nose to nose with me and I here him start kicking it down so I look around to make sure there's no cops and slide it up in third.
1st run:
He looks over at me and motions me to go so I mash it down running it from about 65 to around 100 and he stayed around back bumper the whole time.
2nd run:
Well after we get passed some traffic and the road clears again I get over in the right lane and let him pull up next to me as we start up a hill. This race was similar running from about 65 but we ran to about 115 or so but this time he pulled about 2-3 cars on me.

We gave each other a thumbs up and continued on our way.

Now that being said I know he should outrun me. I have a bike (07 750) and I know how fast they are, but what confuses me is how different the races were. He pulled on me much harder going up the hill then than he did when the road was flat. So my question is does a hill hurt me more than him due to the weight difference?

You guys weigh in....

Last edited by rocksws6; 04-07-2009 at 04:37 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Teching In

Maybe he started in a gear or two lower the second time around ?
Old 04-07-2009, 04:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kiser10
Maybe he started in a gear or two lower the second time around ?
Really second is the only gear that makes sense for him. If he put it in first it would be close to redline and he would run out of gear fast and third would be too low. IDK though it sounded the same both runs but I guess its possible.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:53 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by rocksws6
So I was going out to visit one of my friends at college this past weekend and had a run in with looked to be a 02 or 03 GSX-R 750. I was cruisin, running about 10 over and passed him like everybody else. He gets about a car back and I see him coming back up on me. He lines up nose to nose with me and I here him start kicking it down so I look around to make sure there's no cops and slide it up in third.
1st run:
He looks over at me and motions me to go so I mash it down running it from about 65 to around 100 and he stayed around back bumper the whole time.
2nd run:
Well after we get passed some traffic and the road clears again I get over in the right lane and let him pull up next to me as we start up a hill. This race was similar running from about 65 but we ran to about 115 or so but this time he pulled about 2-3 cars on me.

We gave each other a thumbs up and continued on our way.

Now that being said I know he should outrun me. I have a bike (07 750) and I know how fast they are, but what confuses me is how different the races were. He pulled on me much harder going up the hill then than he did when the road was flat. So my question is does a hill hurt me more than him due to the weight difference?

You guys weigh in....
i would guess that you are correct about the weight making a difference, and maybe he did start a gear to high the first time as well, or maybe even playing with you, then actually showing you whats up.

i know i have toyed with people before.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
i would guess that you are correct about the weight making a difference, and maybe he did start a gear to high the first time as well, or maybe even playing with you, then actually showing you whats up.

i know i have toyed with people before.
Maybe, I don't know.
I figure that bike should trap in the 130's and I don't think my cars that fast yet so he should win. Maybe he thought he had more time to start when he motioned me to go. I was ready for his *** he motioned I went. It was fun either way. Got the blood pumping for sure.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Im going with the OP's theory that its a lot easier for him to move his weight up a hill than it is for a car, you can tell a difference with another person, seems like gravity would be even more of a stress than that. Just think of how hard it is for your car to go up a hill in top gear, if your doing 55 and keep the gas at the same place you slow down.