Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

drunk driving an ls1

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 07:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drunk driving an ls1

= bad news.
a month ago i was out at a party and i drank as normally. I had my camaro 6spd ls1 with me and normally i take my truck. I sped home cause the party was lame(no chicks) and i rounded a recently built corner. (that used to be 2stop signs and 2 blinking red lights.) and i must have been more sloshed than i shoulda been and went strait through it probably too fast. Hit the curb but not before i locked up my breaks and then the curb launched the car 125 feet across a retention pond area. Nose dived into the other bank and i was ejected out the ttops or windshield(no seat belt saved my life). Went through a bush and laned on my face in someones yard. I had a hairline fracture in my neck vertebre,compression fractured my l5 and l3 so im in a body brace right now and a neck brace. Compression fractured my 3rd metatarsel in my left foot and displaced the bone behind so its all in a soft cast with a bar sticking out while it heals properly. I recieved only a few scrapes on my right arm but im extremely lucky to be alive and home. I was initially trauma hawked to the hospital and they told my family i might not live. Then i might stay in icu for 30 days(which was my full hospital stay with rehab and all) i ended up coming off the drugs and being fully coherent so they moved me to step down. Then i started acting like a sane person so i was moved to rehab and then i made such a full and speedy recovery the doctors cleared me for home. I just have a body and neck brace to wear for another month before they xray me again and say if im ok to take them off for good or if i need to wear them a little longer. Things that saved my life are being drunk, not wearing my seat belt, A good samaritan that was smoking his ciggaret at 3:15am on that night like 3 houses away and not wearing a seat belt with ttops. I was extremely lucky. Plus im 19 and i was in such good shape before the accident. Im only 5`7 and i weighed 155 now im at 130 from hospital food and the icu. But im lucky to be alive and not brain dead. The discharging doctor told me i would make a full recovery because of my age and that i have nothing to worry about, just get better and take recovery slow.

I just wanted to share this incase anyone is drinking and driving, because i was for years( and ive owned plenty of cars, trucks and motorcycles) and this is the first time anyone i know or my friends know have gotten hurt. I wont ever again, but i do plan on buying another 4th gen fbody for sure.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:05 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Captainr6
= bad news.
a month ago i was out at a party and i drank as normally. I had my camaro 6spd ls1 with me and normally i take my truck. I sped home cause the party was lame(no chicks) and i rounded a recently built corner. (that used to be 2stop signs and 2 blinking red lights.) and i must have been more sloshed than i shoulda been and went strait through it probably too fast. Hit the curb but not before i locked up my breaks and then the curb launched the car 125 feet across a retention pond area. Nose dived into the other bank and i was ejected out the ttops or windshield(no seat belt saved my life). Went through a bush and laned on my face in someones yard. I had a hairline fracture in my neck vertebre,compression fractured my l5 and l3 so im in a body brace right now and a neck brace. Compression fractured my 3rd metatarsel in my left foot and displaced the bone behind so its all in a soft cast with a bar sticking out while it heals properly. I recieved only a few scrapes on my right arm but im extremely lucky to be alive and home. I was initially trauma hawked to the hospital and they told my family i might not live. Then i might stay in icu for 30 days(which was my full hospital stay with rehab and all) i ended up coming off the drugs and being fully coherent so they moved me to step down. Then i started acting like a sane person so i was moved to rehab and then i made such a full and speedy recovery the doctors cleared me for home. I just have a body and neck brace to wear for another month before they xray me again and say if im ok to take them off for good or if i need to wear them a little longer. Things that saved my life are being drunk, not wearing my seat belt, A good samaritan that was smoking his ciggaret at 3:15am on that night like 3 houses away and not wearing a seat belt with ttops. I was extremely lucky. Plus im 19 and i was in such good shape before the accident. Im only 5`7 and i weighed 155 now im at 130 from hospital food and the icu. But im lucky to be alive and not brain dead. The discharging doctor told me i would make a full recovery because of my age and that i have nothing to worry about, just get better and take recovery slow.

I just wanted to share this incase anyone is drinking and driving, because i was for years( and ive owned plenty of cars, trucks and motorcycles) and this is the first time anyone i know or my friends know have gotten hurt. I wont ever again, but i do plan on buying another 4th gen fbody for sure.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:11 AM

I'll never wear my seatbelt again
Old 07-29-2009, 08:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

wow...

Be careful man..
Old 07-29-2009, 09:01 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not wearing a seatbelt is why you've got the brace. The fractures in your neck and back are, I am willing to bet even without seeing your films, axial loading injuries and were cause by your ejection.

At least you didn't mess up somebody elses life.
Don't drink and drive. Wear your seatbelt. Pretty simple.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:08 AM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Being drunk saved your life? Your a ******* moron.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ss1129
Being drunk saved your life? Your a ******* moron.
thats actually why the drunk driver useually survives and the innocent driver dies.

the drunks body is more relaxed and less likely to be injured because of it. It's a proven fact, being drunk does SOMETIMES save your life.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I see two dumb things here. First drinking and driving is dumb. Second posting this story in this section is also dumb. Its street racing and kill stories not the, I'm a dipshit, drank and drove and crashed my car section. So we can gather from this that the OP isn't very smart.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Congratulations....you're the reason why our insurance rates are so high...dumbass
Old 07-29-2009, 10:17 AM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by shtnfrds
thats actually why the drunk driver useually survives and the innocent driver dies.

the drunks body is more relaxed and less likely to be injured because of it. It's a proven fact, being drunk does SOMETIMES save your life.
I was thinking more along the lines of if he wasnt drunk he wouldnt of gotten in that situation in the first place.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I knew this wasnt going to go over to well.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:18 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why would you post about that? Did you think you were going to get pity from us? Hey, glad you're not dead?!?
Old 07-29-2009, 10:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Assclown, at least you didnt hurt anyone else.