Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C5 vs C4/nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 08:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C5 vs C4/nitrous

Well my buddy and I have been wanting to race for some time and last night I was over at his house looking at his roomates new 2010 ss camaro ( very nice btw ). So we decide to go out last night (uhm, in Mexico of course) and get a few runs in.
-my car is a 2000 corvette A4 2.73 gears, zip tie mod, and muffler deletes

-his car is a 1995 corvette A4 3.07 gears, slp intake, 160 thermostat, muffler deletes, and 80 dry shot. He had his dyno tuned for the shot and it was 321hp and 355ft/lbs

First 2 runs were off the bottle and from about 45-ish. We would stay side by side for maybe 1 second then I was walking away pretty bad. Shut down before 100 as it was getting ugly.
Third run was on the bottle, he got a little jump and I hesitated some, he stayed maybe 1/2 car ahead but as we got around 100+ i was reeling him in, but he shut down as i was gaining back.

We get off the interstate and loop around to head back to town and go a few more times. These were all around 50-55 ish and for some reason my car loved that spot. I pulled on him pretty bad on the next 3 runs, shutting down before 100 as it was ugly again.

Sadly after the last run I was coasting back to speed and he slowed down much faster. Then...I saw the red and blue lights and they got him. Thankfully he got off with a warning.

Sorry the videos are crappy, just my little 8mp Kodak on video mode.

1st vid is me losing

this vid is later in the night and I pulled him pretty hard