Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

02 SS vs. CTS & Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 09:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 02 SS vs. CTS & Mustang GT

Mods in my Sig for my SS (only new addition is the exhaust being dumped after the axle now) Sorry for the stories being a little long.

CTS = Sounded stock. Not the V-Series CTS either.
Mustang GT = Exhaust, possibly Headers or Gutted Cats & it was a 2V not the newer 3V models. (Almost about 10 total runs with this guy, just wouldnt quit. kept pulling up next to me and we would go lol)

CTS = Im cruising with my 2 friends, both are girls but there adding atleast 300lbs of weight combined. Im sure the CTS is still weighing more but anyways. I pass by this car, and after a few seconds. He pulls up next to me and starts throwing revs. When i did it back the 1st time, he steps on it?? lol So i hit it and try to get with him but im struggling so im thinking well where was my speed at to begin wit??? I figured i was above 30 and the car didnt downshift to 1st. We line them up again and this time i see that were just above 30mph (33 or so) so i leave the car in drive, dont downshift it myself and he begins the honks. I hear 1, 2 and then i hear his engine as he already put it to the floor. So i hit it and were off. He was able to jump ahead since he went on 2. At this point, im struggling to bring him back in but i also realize he had the jump on me. So im a bit impressed with the car getting some speed. We stay together for a while and the road finally opens up again. This time i make sure he slows down a lil more and im in between 25 & 30mph. He honks it off again, this time does all 3. Once i heard that 3rd honk, i just slam it and the car downshifts nasty and i put the car length on him and about another by the time i let off. So im saying atleast 2cars if not more by 70 or 80. I didnt really look at my speed but it was pretty much over right from the start on that roll.

MUSTANG GT = After coming out of the **** store lol Yup, they actually went there with me haha Anyways, i pump gas and start cruising around again looking for something to eat. I pull up to a red light and this stang GT pulls up next to me. My friends gives a little cough sound and i start smelling it. So i realize this guy is either gutted cats or he has headers. Light hits green, so i take off slowly and so does he. Hes just there next to me and i start getting ahead of him and he hits it a bit and so do i. I pull on him pretty damn easy and slow it back down. We go at it again from a small roll out from the lights and same turn out. Were just on and off like that for awhile. We finally get some room and we get next to eachother. no honks he gets on it a bit so do i and were off. He jumps ahead as i spun a bit when i put it to the floor. He stays ahead a car length and im pulling him right back in and then we had to slow down. So i stay with him, same thing happens about another 3 times. I keep running out of room, at 1 time i do downshift the car into 1st myself and stay with him alot closer but still run out of room with him being a head of me. Finally we drive out of town exit on the next turn and were the only 2 cars headin down this road. We line them up, he downshifts and keeps it under 30mph. So i just leave it in drive. 1, 2 3, he honks it off. We hit it, he jumps ahead on me but i start pulling him right back in and by 110 im about 2 1/2 cars or so ahead. I can see his lights in my rear view so i let off.... We slow back down. Again from another 30roll, we do it agian and same turn out by around the same speed but this time some Biker joins the race as he was behind the Mustang. I saw biker's lights that just never seemed to get further away and then i see that he jumps into the median and passes the mustang. Then comes flying by me as i already let off.

Anyways, we get back into town and the Mustangs still with me. He honks it and throws me a wave, so i wave back. I have to admit, those were some great runs against the Mustang. I dont think he would hang very well from a stop though, i would really pull on him hard when we did those 1st few short roll out runs from the lights. After the runs i could tell he had to have some mods, he did hang in there pretty well till the we got higher in speeds.

These were also my 1st races in probably a few months now. So pretty pleased and happy with my car and the runs.