Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

SRT8 vrs me

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 07:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SRT8 vrs me

****Disclaimer..This is all my imagination and just a day dream****

Their I was....EARLY, EARLY in the moring standing on the side of a road by my self with a radar gun in my hand...Bored out of my mind as maybe 2 cars go by every ten minutes...

Then a 1/2 mile up the road I here this G-R-O-W-L......Wow..That sounds mean....So I get into posistion and try to get the speed from this oncoming beaste....But ...Im having a hard time getting a good reading..Now the car is a 1/4 mile away...Still to much interfearance..Now the car is an 1/8 mile away..I quickly change to another posistion just in time to clock this beaste doing 63 mph in a 40 mph zone...By the time I finally got the reading..I was standing on the side of the road only 100 feet in front of him..

I saw him in his mean sounding beaste with a nice fin on the back..He saw me standing their with my radar pointed at him and a OHH **** look on my face...

Immediately I run 50 feet to my vehicle..Fire her up and turn on the blue lights and siren....I hit the road and see that he hasnt slowed down but sped up and is easily a 1/4 mile plus down the road...

Im acellerating as fast as my girl will...She's a newer vehicle but has a wimpy V6...

And then it was like a scene from gone in 60 seconds....Im Doing 50...Then 60...Then 70....Then 80....But I swear no matter how fast I went he just pulled away...By the time I hit 80 mph Id guess he was doing 100 plus and so on...And by the time I hit 100 mph..Well....DAYUM that car was fast....

I see him run through a stop sighn now a lil less than a 1/2 mile in front of me and then seem to hesitate for a while and then punch it...

Im still haulin *** and see him come to a neiborhood and make a right turn now a 1/4 mile ahead of me....

I finally get their and then start patrolling at a slow clip through the neibor hood....3 minutes later I see him pop out in a silver SRT8 with a fin on the back...I quickly make a U turn and get right behind him....

My first reaction was to pull him over and yank him out of the car and arrest him for evading me.....but the street racer in me knew that years ago I *may* have done the same thing...

He looked in his rear view mirror and saw me and looked like he had **** himself...The redlight he was stopped at had turned green and he was so scared that he didnt even notice and just sat their like a squirrel in headlights like he was just waiting for me to make my move....

I met his eyes in the rear view and gave a lil nod and told him to go forward with a hand signal....I then acted like I was gonna follow him but made a left at the light as he continued forward.....

maybe I made a mistake and should have pulled him over.....But again Ive been their and done that..And hell....That was the best street race Ive ever had.....A solid 2 miles and 5 minutes of blood pumping american fun....

****This is all my imagination and just a day dream*****

Last edited by Killemall; 11-15-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A small part of me is thinking "Wow how nice of you blah blah blah" but then I think of how he tried to evade you... F*ck that. Ida ripped his *** out of the driver side window and slammed cuffs on him.

Seriously, I understand wanting to speed and have some fun with a hot ride, BUT if I was to get get caught guess what? My fault and time to man up and take the hefty ticket. Speeding is one thing, evading is ******* stupid.

Anyhow good story! Im sure he had to change his underwear afterward. Dumbass. (Him, not you)

:thumbs:

But as you said...it never really happened...
Old 11-16-2009, 03:57 PM
On The Tree

V6 huh? What they got you patrolling in dude....Lumina, Malibu?
Old 11-16-2009, 04:34 PM
Banned

For someone whos crashed some expensive cars you sure do dream alot. good story I guess though.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

oh it was a dream...
Old 11-16-2009, 05:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

that guy in your dream was one lucky son of a bitch! all I'm thinking is I'd be going to prison if that'd been me in your dream running!

on a side note. I've never had a chance to lign up with an SRT-8, but I'd love to. On the track of course.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:22 PM
Launching!

Yea I talked with some co workers ect. And they said they would have arrested him if they had the same dream..Oh well.....
Old 11-17-2009, 07:00 PM
Staging Lane

Running the stop sign was another no-no....
Old 11-17-2009, 08:37 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Z33Option
For someone whos crashed some expensive cars you sure do dream alot.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RekjavicXXX
V6 huh? What they got you patrolling in dude....Lumina, Malibu?
The V-8 patrol cars have too much power for crashemall. He might graduate to one in the future but I doubt it.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:04 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
The V-8 patrol cars have too much power for crashemall. He might graduate to one in the future but I doubt it.

Yea...maybe one day hugh????

***ALL A DREAM OF COURSE****

A few days ago I was in an unmarked vehicle with hidden blue lights ect. this one has a bit more grunt than the regular patrol vehicle I was in last time..

So their I was in the same exact location at the same exact time..AND LOW AND BEHOLD A SILVER SRT8 BLOWS BY ME DOING 60 MPH IN A 40.. He speeds up after seeing me...But the unmarked vehicle has some ***** and I hit around 100 mph and catch him in less than a 1/2 mile...HE PULLS OVER AND STARTS TALKING AND ACTING LIKE HE DIDNT KNOW WHY I PULLED HIM OVER ECT. Before he can even finish his sentance I say.."So your telling me I didnt chase you for 2-3 miles a week or so ago and you snuck into a neiborhood" He seemed a little flustered..But stuck to his guns...

The bottom line is I knew it was him because I saw him in his rear view..I knew it was the same car doing close to the same speed in exactly the same location at roughly the same time..But theirs what I know and what I can prove in court..And I didnt have **** on this guy....So I just gave him a speeding ticket...

I respect the guy...9 out of 10 times I can make people tell me the truth simply by bluffing like I already know the truth when really I dont know ****...This guy knew that I knew and still stuck by his story..gotta respect that....

Gotta admit I have more respect for the SRT8's now..even in stock form I beleave those things could have taken my stock C5..Anyone ever raced a stock C5 against a stock SRT8?
Old 11-25-2009, 04:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Killemall
Yea...maybe one day hugh????
One day.

admit I have more respect for the SRT8's now..even in stock form I beleave those things could have taken my stock C5..Anyone ever raced a stock C5 against a stock SRT8?
Its not close, the Vette will murder them.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LS1 vette should walk a SRT8 hard- even a full bolt on SRT8 will have its hands full if the vette's a 6spd.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:28 PM
TECH Regular

The vette should be able to pull out the win but will be playing catch up. Both people I've talked to with jeeps both ran 12.9s stock.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:48 AM
Staging Lane

One day.

Its not close, the Vette will murder them.
Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
LS1 vette should walk a SRT8 hard- even a full bolt on SRT8 will have its hands full if the vette's a 6spd.
Are you two for real? It's a dead heat drivers race with an LS1 Vette.

A tuned one will walk a C5 6spd.
Old 11-26-2009, 02:42 AM
Launching!

I wqas thinking it must be close..If I recall..A few people ran 12's in stock srt8s right?
Old 11-26-2009, 02:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wqas thinking it must be close..If I recall..A few people ran 12's in stock srt8s right?
probably more have done it in the SRT8's than in the LS1 camaro's. I actually just refreshed myself on the C5's; just 10 years ago they were the **** running high 12's if driven right... nowadays dozens of non exotics can match those numbers. I must be getting old.
Old 11-26-2009, 02:13 PM
Launching!

I know man....When I was 20 years old I had a V6camaro and thought a C5 was a lambo..High 12's to low 13's at 107-110 mph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now at 30 years old their are seriously a lot of 4 door passanger vehicles that are very close to that for less than 40K...

I wonder if 10 years from now their will be a bunch of 4 door vehicles under 40K that can hit 120 mph in the 1/4????
Old 11-26-2009, 09:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Are you two for real? It's a dead heat drivers race with an LS1 Vette.

A tuned one will walk a C5 6spd.
Not from what I've seen. You have your opinion and from what I remember it didn't work out well for you the last time you ran you mouth. My LS6 vert TA walks them like they are going backwards. Maybe the drivers sucked but how damn hard can it be to drive an auto?
Old 11-27-2009, 02:16 PM
Staging Lane

I wonder if 10 years from now their will be a bunch of 4 door vehicles under 40K that can hit 120 mph in the 1/4????
My guess very few unfortunately the way things are going.

Not from what I've seen. You have your opinion and from what I remember it didn't work out well for you the last time you ran you mouth. My LS6 vert TA walks them like they are going backwards. Maybe the drivers sucked but how damn hard can it be to drive an auto?
You mean when I ran an 11sec Mustang for grins?

4 years of timeslips from owners around the US support my position. And yes, if they don't know the gearing, manually shifting, ESP fully on, etc. they will lose.