Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

1st Kill with the Twin Turbos!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 08:57 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default 1st Kill with the Twin Turbos!

I must admit that I'm getting a little too old for this and I usually am a good boy.

However, I haven't had any fun with the car yet in its new configuration. I took her out for a blast and put a full tank of gas in her. I'm driving around getting in to boost here and there.. kinda pissed I didn't bring my logging stuff, but oh well..

As I'm driving slowly and just enjoying the car in very light traffic on a major highway, a white rice rocket goes by with no markings (damnit!). I think I see him give me a look of acknowledgement.. I downshift and give it a little gas and catch up to him. Through his helmet I see a "you gotta be kidding me" look on his face and he just nails it!

Fortunately I was ready! He put a few bike lengths on me immediately! As the rev's go up and the boost builds, all of a sudden I'm reeling him in, I'm next to him and finally, I pass him!

As soon as I pass him by a few bike lengths, I hit the brakes and slow 'er down. He passes me, and does a wheelie!

I wanted to chat with him to see how many cc's the bike was, but he started weaving in and out of traffic, something which I'd never do, so I let him go.

We actually do see each other again on the highway and I give him the thumbs up! The look I got back was priceless!

Anyhoo, it could of been a 13 second bike, (I don't think so), but it was fun!

My car might actually be fast.. althought it felt faster before with the N20...

Track times to follow in a few weeks, I hope!

Last edited by ForceFedC5; 05-06-2010 at 09:13 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

"TURBO LAG -> The brief moment you think you're winning!"

Awesome
Old 05-06-2010, 09:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good kill OP.... I wish I had twin turbos .... Maybe after I play with my nitrous I'll start saving for them.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:45 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 00FirebirdaREV
Good kill OP.... I wish I had twin turbos .... Maybe after I play with my nitrous I'll start saving for them.
Thanks!

I had nitrous before and I think my car was faster. N20 doesnt care what the temperature is, weather its muggy or dry out. It's just an instant HIT of power. Don't get me wrong, I really like being turbo'd but N20 is GREAT! The only thing I hated was having to refill the bottle, besides that, I'd do it again!

Quick Reply: 1st Kill with the Twin Turbos!