Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

New : 2010 Challenger SRT8 VS 2010 Camaro SS .... (( Saudi Arabia ))

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New : 2010 Challenger SRT8 VS 2010 Camaro SS .... (( Saudi Arabia ))

Hi

2010 Challenger SRT8 Stock VS 2010 Camaro SS LS3 Stock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQnqZqQAwY4
Old 11-13-2010, 01:14 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

SS driver needs to learn how to shift I think.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
Agreed- though I'd bet my bottom dollar that SRT8 was tuned /or/ SS was an auto. Raced wayyy too many SRT8's and a couple SS LS3/ L99 camaro's to think those results are normal. Good vid once again Broomstick!

You ever think about getting a cheap camcorder and setting it up on the guardrail about a hundred feet down from where you guys normally start racing? Then you could split screen it for even cooler videos.

Last edited by Sticks n Stones; 11-13-2010 at 02:07 AM.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:04 AM
Teching In

Old 11-13-2010, 09:39 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
I agree.

In the first run he loses by 1/2 car, in the second he loses by 3+ cars. Just the inconsistency alone shows that someone can't drive, and i'm sure that someone is in the SS.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I think the vid just confirms what we have always known about the new SS's, that they are heavy and sluggish. Im not surprised by the outcome in the least.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:01 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by necrocannibal

I think the vid just confirms what we have always known about the new SS's, that they are heavy and sluggish. Im not surprised by the outcome in the least.
and the SRT8s aren't?

SS needs a driver mod, you can't make a assumption of a car over one race with two random people driving. Derp.

Last edited by mcdoogle6969; 11-13-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Good even runs. If the 5th. gen. Camaro and the Challenger is this close of a match, then the upcoming Challenger with the 6.4 should win with no problem. Supposedly the 6.4 has a lot more torque in the lower RPM's than the previous 6.1. But they still need to put the Chally/Charger on a diet.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

yes you are correct ^^ but the release of the z28 will be around when that happens. only things is finding out which engine its coming with. lsa or ls9.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:29 AM
Staging Lane

I'd be stunned if they put the LS9 in the Z28. Absolutely stunned-- because good ole conservative GM would never do something like that. Can you just hear the corvette diehards at GM if that happened? "Oh my gosh, I just spilled cappucino all over my gucci shoes! How dare GM Headquarters let them grubby Chevy guys make a car faster than a Z06?!?! I'm calling the CEO right now!"
Old 11-14-2010, 05:07 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
I'd be stunned if they put the LS9 in the Z28. Absolutely stunned-- because good ole conservative GM would never do something like that. Can you just hear the corvette diehards at GM if that happened? "Oh my gosh, I just spilled cappucino all over my gucci shoes! How dare GM Headquarters let them grubby Chevy guys make a car faster than a Z06?!?! I'm calling the CEO right now!"
It's a Corvette, not an Enzo. Anyone with a slightly above average salary can snag one. Hell I'm 26 and looking at an '06+ Z06 in the near future.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:16 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by mcdoogle6969
and the SRT8s aren't?

SS needs a driver mod, you can't make a assumption of a car over one race with two random people driving. Derp.
According to the vid I just watched they arent as heavy and sluggish.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by necrocannibal

heavy? somewhat. sluggish, not necessarily
Old 11-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Teching In

I would expect the SS to come around up top like they usually do.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:02 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by getlearned
It's a Corvette, not an Enzo. Anyone with a slightly above average salary can snag one. Hell I'm 26 and looking at an '06+ Z06 in the near future.
Hey getlearned: get learned. It started in the 60's with the camaro's not getting the good engines because the hp to weight would make them as fast or faster then the vettes.

Personally I've been around since the TPI days of the 80's and seen firsthand the crap that the corvette faithfull at GM do to keep the classes seperated. 275hp 3.8L turbo charged highest tech engine ever designed by GM with digital fuel injection in the Fiero? No way they could make that thing faster then the vette: So after MUCH debating (argueing) GM stuck in it the heaviest RWD car they had: the Regal/Grand Nationals. How they snuck that engine (granted it was deballed by installing FWD heads onto it) into a '89 Firebird for a limited edition run I don't know... 5.7L TPI with a stick shift? Nope, only the vette could get that. LT1? Naw, the Fbodies had to wait 3 years to get it. LS1? 2 years and detuned (if in name only).

The list goes on and on and on how GM sabotages itself in the performance category in order to keep the vette as the undisputed champ of peformance.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:59 AM
Restricted User

I would say he needs driver mod. Maybe the rag on the camaro drivers head came down over his eyes and he couldn't tell when to shift?
Old 11-14-2010, 12:24 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by z99ls1
I would say he needs driver mod. Maybe the rag on the camaro drivers head came down over his eyes and he couldn't tell when to shift?
damn
Old 11-14-2010, 01:11 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Hey getlearned: get learned. It started in the 60's with the camaro's not getting the good engines because the hp to weight would make them as fast or faster then the vettes.

Personally I've been around since the TPI days of the 80's and seen firsthand the crap that the corvette faithfull at GM do to keep the classes seperated. 275hp 3.8L turbo charged highest tech engine ever designed by GM with digital fuel injection in the Fiero? No way they could make that thing faster then the vette: So after MUCH debating (argueing) GM stuck in it the heaviest RWD car they had: the Regal/Grand Nationals. How they snuck that engine (granted it was deballed by installing FWD heads onto it) into a '89 Firebird for a limited edition run I don't know... 5.7L TPI with a stick shift? Nope, only the vette could get that. LT1? Naw, the Fbodies had to wait 3 years to get it. LS1? 2 years and detuned (if in name only).

The list goes on and on and on how GM sabotages itself in the performance category in order to keep the vette as the undisputed champ of peformance.
your logic is flawed.. i understand they would get some resistance from GM brass if they produced a vehicle quicker than the vette but it has happened before and the 89TTA you referenced?? had the 3.8 FWD for higher flow and a GNX intercooler, you see what i'm saying? in 89 the TTA was quicker and in 86/87 the GN's & GNX were... every other year the best powerplants were in the Vette, even if they were in other cars the Vette was the lightest and was available with the manual trans. In chevy's case with the IrocZ taking a while to get the manual in the L98??? certification delays maybe? remember those came out in mid 86, first full year was 87..

not to gt off topic but i found this interesting, little trivia answered here... was there any difference in the "IROC-Z" placement on the doors any of the years it was produced? i answered NO...duh... then i read this..

All 1987 350 TPI (B2L) IROC-Z's came standard with the 3.27 BW rear end and everything that was included with G92 but did not have the G92 RPO code because it was not mandatory; this changed in 1988 however when a 2.77 rear was standard and G92 had to be specified to get the 3.27's. The IROC-Z also treated to some small cosmetic changes. The "Z28" logos on the ground effects below the doors and on the rear bumper changed to read "IROC-Z". The large IROC-Z call-outs on the door moved from the front of the doors to the back, to put some space between the logos. Option code DX3 offered buyers the option of deleting the IROC-Z's door decals and stripes for a $60.00 credit. Optional 16" aluminum wheels were redesigned with two lines instead of one large line in each spoke, and center caps backgrounds changed from a black to silver. Dash badges on the IROC still read "Z28" on top and "IROC-Z" below
Old 11-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Teching In

Expected. Its a drivers race, that looked exactly like my race against a LS3 SS I held him off by a car each run when I stock.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:48 PM
On The Tree

the difference is in the manufacture tunes, GM is very conservative with theres where dodge isnt or who ever owns challengers of dodges. in this case the camaro went down twice

Quick Reply: New : 2010 Challenger SRT8 VS 2010 Camaro SS .... (( Saudi Arabia ))