Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LS1 RX7 FC vs Cam Only Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 01:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 RX7 FC vs Cam Only Camaro

I was driving down 29 near Columbia just minding my own business when a shitbox primered RX7 races up next to me and keeps revving his car. I dont know what was up with the car but it was gutted and certainly sounded like an LSX engine.

I just kept my car in 5th cruising at about 60. He kept messing around so when I was confident there weren't cops ahead I down shifted to 3rd and we matched speeds for a sec. I let him take the jump. We were neck and neck until I got around 6k rpms and he shifted. I started inching ahead and had him by half a car but the time I shifted at 6800. Then I just kept pulling. In a few seconds I had 3 or 4 cars on him and was pulling away quickly. I pushed in the clutch and let him catch up.

I slowed down but he kept revving his car and getting behind me flashing me. He got next to me and had his car revving pretty high so I kicked my car back down to 3rd again and spanked his *** till about 120mph.

When I slowed down he did the ricer flyby then kept pacing me, revving his car, and flashing his hi beams in my eyes. The kid finally got off in Burtonsville.

My car is just a MS3 cammed bolt on 02 Z28. I even have a shitty 3.73 10 bolt for now. Any idea why I was able to spank him so easily. His car sounded like it had a stock idle. It was loud but just sounded like a stock LS1 through a single fart can.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:16 PM
11 Second Club

probably a lt1
Old 04-23-2013, 07:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Even if it was a LSx RX7, who's to say it was a good running LSx
Old 04-23-2013, 11:34 AM
Staging Lane

I don't know for sure what it was. I'll admit in not too good at identiting v8 engines thru fart cans.

Quick Reply: LS1 RX7 FC vs Cam Only Camaro