Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

A Few Kills and Deaths (SRT8, GTR)... Videos

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 06:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A Few Kills and Deaths (SRT8, GTR)... Videos

Well, I want to start with the few kills I got 2 weeks back that I never put up here. Both were back to back, no less.

I had picked up my good heavyset friend (he's 390lbs), and my other friend (a little over 200) and we were cruising around. First up is a BMW 650i (06-10 model).

He's pacing me and I have a habit of staying in first gear now when I come up to a car I think might want to play. I pat the gas and he steps in it. I get back on it quick and shift into 2nd... shift into 3rd and he's 2-3 car lengths back with no issue. He pulls up at the light and the passenger in the 650 says "You cheated". I start laughing and when we go to go again, he pulls off to another road. LOL

Just when I thought the runs were over for the night, a white 750i (It looked like an 06ish one) comes BLOWING past me, and everyone in the car is like 'lets do it again'. Pull up to him and pace him and he tries to take the hit around 20mph, so shift into 2nd, spin tires. into 3rd, chirp tires. Red light comes up and since I've already spanked em... I slow up. First thing I hear is his female passenger "Oh my god, dont do that, you spinning all over the place." and the driver goes "She be getting scared" and then he points at the car and he's like "I like that ****. I like that ****."

LMAO So with something like 600lbs, and **** in the trunk... Still waxed some *** out there.

===================

Now for today's kill and death

Went to E-Town. The 90 degree heat didn't help in putting down phenomenal times... so around my 5th run, an all black 300 SRT8 motions to me with his finger, pointing back and forth between me and him. I roll my windows down, and he does the same and says he wants to run me. I said ok and we lined up.

We both ran abysmal times. His 60' being a 2.2, and mine being a horrendous 2.5...

Afterwards from the track, I decided to line up with my friend who came out with me in his 2012 GTR for ***** and giggles. A magnum RT, me, and the GTR for fun...

Old 06-28-2014, 06:35 PM
11 Second Club

GTR drug that *** as expected lol.
Old 06-28-2014, 06:41 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LS1rob00
GTR drug that *** as expected lol.
LMAO No kidding. I was expecting to get railed, and I did.
Old 06-28-2014, 06:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounded like a good day of racing!
Old 06-28-2014, 07:05 PM
7 Second Club

Received 316 Likes on 245 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Good runs!
Old 06-29-2014, 12:23 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good runs. Car looks damn good with that grill and dark wheels. Nice reaction time BTW
Old 06-29-2014, 02:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

So you got your *** handed to you twice....

Tell your friends to stfu next time as well
Old 06-29-2014, 08:52 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Gt4urass
Good runs. Car looks damn good with that grill and dark wheels. Nice reaction time BTW
Thanks. Its the only thing that kept me in the lead with about 2 car lengths.

Originally Posted by black_phoenix
So you got your *** handed to you twice....

Tell your friends to stfu next time as well
Didn't lose to the SRT8. Not the win light NOR the ET (although I will say, I won the ET by .01 or some ****, but trapped 2mph or so faster). Did, however, get spanked by the GTR, as I expected. But if you just run around racing the **** you know you can win against... why even race at all?
LOL Your friends deaf-mutes? I know a deaf-mute and even he can't stfu if he's got something to say.

@why and islander - Thanks. I hotlapped the **** out of it, truth be told... because I wasn't focused on ET for the most part. I was trying to work the 60ft better and find a solid launch RPM.

I'm hoping that wotbox I picked up helps out a bit.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:20 AM
Launching!

Nice to see the v1 doing some work. How far back was that magnum lol
Old 06-30-2014, 12:23 AM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

What was done to the 6.1 hemi?
Old 06-30-2014, 01:17 AM
Teching In

Good runs!

Man I hate people that talk a ton of trash but only race people they know they can beat, there is this kid that has a 335i and constantly talked mad trash and he is always trying to instigate races. My brother (07 Ctsv) has called him out so many times when he(335i) tells other people to race but he never wants to, says that he will but only when he has a tune and full exhaust but boy does he like to pick on everyone else and swears that stock 335i's are extremely fast yadayada. BTW my brothers ctsv is stock.

Anyways, what times were you getting at the track?
Old 06-30-2014, 11:27 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Blown_Red_97z
Nice to see the v1 doing some work. How far back was that magnum lol
Very far back. Magnum normally averages 14.3ish when we go out. That day, he averaged 14.8s. I don't know if it was the heat, or the traction or both. I watched my friend's GTR spin off the spin (stock awd) and run something like an 11.6.... (he should be 11.2, 11.3ish)

Originally Posted by OneSlowV
What was done to the 6.1 hemi?
Unsure on mods. He called me out in the staging lanes. It looked like at LEAST exhaust though. I only have headers and tune. Stock paper filter. Cutouts and no cats... stock catback and mufflers.

Originally Posted by Red5.0
Good runs!

Man I hate people that talk a ton of trash but only race people they know they can beat, there is this kid that has a 335i and constantly talked mad trash and he is always trying to instigate races. My brother (07 Ctsv) has called him out so many times when he(335i) tells other people to race but he never wants to, says that he will but only when he has a tune and full exhaust but boy does he like to pick on everyone else and swears that stock 335i's are extremely fast yadayada. BTW my brothers ctsv is stock.

Anyways, what times were you getting at the track?
Best I've hit this season has been 13.2, and last time I averaged 13.2, 13.3... that day was ~13.5 all day. Since I figured the heat wasn't going to let me run some solid times, I hotlapped, and focused more on just working my 60' and thats when i got called out. Trapped something like 109+ that day if I'm not mistaken.

[edit]
And yeah man. I hate that. Why just race what you can win against? I may run mid-low 13s, but from rolls, I normally give even mid 12 cars a run for their money. I pulled on a cammed, full exhaust, intake LS1 vette from a 60. I raced my friend's Evo X in my old CTS V6 and got smoked... just for fun. Then I picked up my V and smoked him. Then he got the GTR. LOL. I'll be picking up a WOTBOX in the hope of fixing my 60 foot woes.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I was there! I saw your car lol. nice car man great runs still.

I talked to that SRT guy he was complaining that his car hates heat and his tires suck haha.

Not sure how long you stayed, but I got 4th place. It was humid and hot that day... fastest I went was 13.95 and then later was 14.1-14.2. My 60foots were nice though thanks to my nittos (2.1-2.2)

Last edited by ThoR294; 06-30-2014 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ThoR294
I was there! I saw your car lol. nice car man great runs still.

I talked to that SRT guy he was complaining that his car hates heat and his tires suck haha.

Not sure how long you stayed, but I got 4th place. It was humid and hot that day... fastest I went was 13.95 and then later was 14.1-14.2. My 60foots were nice though thanks to my nittos (2.1-2.2)
OH ****. I recognize the car in your sig! LOL Yeah man, I was hoping for 2.1, 2.2 60s. I was cutting 2.3, 2.4 all day. I'm on all season street tires. I stood for a little while. Saw when it ended up being the final 5 cars and it was all domestics. I saw you there. I won up against one of the 11 second cars that redlighted, but then called it a day and didn't want to keep going after running it like 6 times already. LOL

It definitely was hot and humid. Yeah, I don't think any car ever made likes heat, but he definitely 60'd much better than I did that run, no less. Only reason I was able to take it was because of my better RT which got me the win light. by about 2 car lengths. My time that run was only .01 better than his... but a wins a win. I walked up to him when he was at his car and shook his hand for the run while he was talking with a few people.

Congrats on the 4th place... There was a lot of cars for those runs to ****** up 4th! My friend was the one with the white GTR that got railed by that 10 second malibu his first run, and the red magnum rt that smoked that 18 second Honda and then redlighted at the same time the other honda stalled off the line.

Nice. I stayed long enough to watch that turbo SRT8 Jeep run 11.0 twice @ 135ish. I talked with him for a bit and then took off.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

Wot box is on it's way

^^ what makes you say 2.1 60's are nice?
Old 06-30-2014, 12:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Cwarta
Wot box is on it's way

^^ what makes you say 2.1 60's are nice?
Thanks again bro... and the fact I'm on all season tires. LOL
Old 06-30-2014, 12:26 PM
TECH Regular

I would say those are nice for a gen 1 V on all seasons.

Edit: that has to suck having a 6 lug setup.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:29 PM
TECH Addict

The malibu red lighted against me and he ran faster lol. That was tough because I could never judge him freight training me haha. I didn't see him red light till the end so I let off right at the MPH markers.

C6Z also red lighted against me.

The other civic I raced stalled at the line.

I raced the wagon in the time trails and beat him. I will have videos from my gopro on my quarter panel soon lol.

2.1 60' is good for me! hahaha
Old 06-30-2014, 12:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by why87
I would say those are nice for a gen 1 V on all seasons.

Edit: that has to suck having a 6 lug setup.
You have no idea. LOL

Originally Posted by ThoR294
The malibu red lighted against me and he ran faster lol. That was tough because I could never judge him freight training me haha. I didn't see him red light till the end so I let off right at the MPH markers.

C6Z also red lighted against me.

The other civic I raced stalled at the line.

I raced the wagon in the time trails and beat him. I will have videos from my gopro on my quarter panel soon lol.

2.1 60' is good for me! hahaha
LOL. Please do put those vids up. He was telling me he was gonna end up on someone's gopro and got pulled hard.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:57 PM
TECH Addict

Unfortunately, it is facing forward... so if im losing you'll see them lol.

also got the video of the silver s2000 grenading his rear. Poor guy

Quick Reply: A Few Kills and Deaths (SRT8, GTR)... Videos