Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

portes/pullied cobro vs bolt on 5.bro

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 09:15 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PA94Z
Cool.. looks like your almost a full tenth slower. But I'm the idiot

I'm waiting for you to enter the 10 second segment. Didn't want to scare you off... I plan to win it and would be happy to send you a shirt
Looks like Hio would still walk you on the street....cuz this is the SRK section.

care to share some details of this "new setup" ?? a LS swap? or new LT1 swap to bring it up to this decade?
Old 03-31-2015, 09:57 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by loudblack97z71
Looks like Hio would still walk you on the street....cuz this is the SRK section.

care to share some details of this "new setup" ?? a LS swap? or new LT1 swap to bring it up to this decade?
Who mentioned a street race in the last few posts? LEC challenge is track times, Lucky posted a track vid, then you come in with the foolish idea that Lucky would walk me on the street Get a clue buddy.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:10 AM
12 Second Club

Who mentioned a street race in the last few posts? LEC challenge is track times, Lucky posted a track vid, then you come in with the foolish idea that Lucky would walk me on the street Get a clue buddy.
How bout you get a clue and answer my question. Captain dodger

I'm well aware of the "Loser eats crow" competition. I'll probably enter my junk in it once I get it sorted out. I'll probably run bottom 10's but who knows...

The assumption that he would walk you on the street is because trap speed bro.

Done... you can go back to bickering at Hio like a 13 year old girl.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:11 AM
Teching In

SC is a useless figure without knowing other variables to judge the performance of an engine. Glad we can agree after your google research. Looks like you have made a lot of assumptions based on a useless (to you) figure.

At worst it appears your opinion didn't jive with mine on the gearing. I own a 4l60e with a motor that shifts at 7000+, go figure. Oh you run a manual?

Yea man your car runs so hard.. join the LEC challenge. You'd probably win the 11 second segment.. but definitely lose the 10 second segment Tough choice there.
Its actually the other way around. Dynamic compression is entirely dependent on other variables where as static compression is determined only from the piston/combustion chamber geometry.

You can generalize pretty good about how an engine is going to perform with static compression. To say it is a useless figure, especially when you know what engine setup your taking about is just stupid.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:53 AM
Launching!

How bout you get a clue and answer my question. Captain dodger

I'm well aware of the "Loser eats crow" competition. I'll probably enter my junk in it once I get it sorted out. I'll probably run bottom 10's but who knows...

The assumption that he would walk you on the street is because trap speed bro.

Done... you can go back to bickering at Hio like a 13 year old girl.
I knew what you were saying about MPH.. thing is you don't have the rest of my slip. Never seen a race won on trap speed. Are you sure you are an engineer? I'd expect a more intelligent response from someone educated.

@ dodging your question. I don't care to validate myself with you buddy. Since you are so curious though it's a NA LT1 that should run bottom 10s pretty easy. Enter that Vette.. 10 second segment should be pretty competitive.

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Its actually the other way around. Dynamic compression is entirely dependent on other variables where as static compression is determined only from the piston/combustion chamber geometry.

You can generalize pretty good about how an engine is going to perform with static compression. To say it is a useless figure, especially when you know what engine setup your taking about is just stupid.
That's what I said.. you misread the post. I didnt say you couldnt figure static compression without knowing other variables .. can't tell much of anything based on SC alone. You can make assumptions though. It's useless.

Last edited by PA94Z; 03-31-2015 at 10:58 AM.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:11 AM
12 Second Club

I knew what you were saying about MPH.. thing is you don't have the rest of my slip. Never seen a race won on trap speed. Are you sure you are an engineer? I'd expect a more intelligent response from someone educated.

@ dodging your question. I don't care to validate myself with you buddy. Since you are so curious though it's a NA LT1 that should run bottom 10s pretty easy. Enter that Vette.. 10 second segment should be pretty competitive.

That's what I said.. you misread the post. I didnt say you couldnt figure static compression without knowing other variables .. can't tell much of anything based on SC alone. You can make assumptions though. It's useless.
Two laughs for the price of one! Right over your head. Poor Spaz.

Right SC tells you nothing... I'll have to go back to my IC engines professor and tell him he's wrong because an internet badass says otherwise.

Keep it up bro. You're almost as big of a joke around here as MAC & Redfire.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:25 AM
Launching!

Two laughs for the price of one! Right over your head. Poor Spaz.

Right SC tells you nothing... I'll have to go back to my IC engines professor and tell him he's wrong because an internet badass says otherwise.

Keep it up bro. You're almost as big of a joke around here as MAC & Redfire.
Oh noes not the imaginary professor

I've got a 383 with 13.5:1 compression. Tell me about the performance of my engine Mr. Engineer.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:33 AM
12 Second Club

I've got a 383 with 13.5:1 compression. Tell me about the performance of my engine Mr. Engineer.
Super secret LT1 build super impressive

You keep bringing up the fact that I'm an engineer....must be jealous
Old 03-31-2015, 11:35 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Cool.. looks like your almost a full tenth slower. But I'm the idiot

I'm waiting for you to enter the 10 second segment. Didn't want to scare you off... I plan to win it and would be happy to send you a shirt
So my bolt-on engine is ALMOST a full tenth slower than your built engine and your down 6 mph. Tell us more about your engine prowess spaz

You're not gonna get much.....there is probably no build at all. I bet he don't even enter after yakkin at me.
Well.....this is the street racing section. So if someone brings up the street. Well you know

Yep....even rod length comes into play.

Told ya so loudbalck
Old 03-31-2015, 11:37 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Good lord. Right when ya thought this thread wouldn't get any more pathetic.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:51 AM
Launching!

Super secret LT1 build super impressive

You keep bringing up the fact that I'm an engineer....must be jealous
Its not a secret.. it's been talked about in other threads. So no feedback though? I gave you the static compression.....
Old 03-31-2015, 11:58 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Poor spaz.......bless his heart.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:01 PM
Teching In

I

You're right I did misread. But my argument still stands. Your initial claim was that SC means nothing with respect too determining performance after Hio said that coyotes had high compression.

Can you not generalize that higher static compression motors are generally geared for higher performance?

Your 13.5:1 suggests you will not be running regular gasoline for starters, unless the cylinder head is exceedingly efficient, you have direct fuel injection, and you like taking risks.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:05 PM
12 Second Club

Its not a secret.. it's been talked about in other threads. So no feedback though? I gave you the static compression.....
Are you planning to run on pump gas? (oops I forgot that confuses people in here) Let me rephrase that... Are you using 93 octane or lower? Or is E85 readily available in your area? Or is this a full blown super cereal LT1 racecar running on 110+ race gas?
Old 03-31-2015, 12:13 PM
Launching!

You're right I did misread. But my argument still stands. Your initial claim was that SC means nothing with respect too determining performance after Hio said that coyotes had high compression.

Can you not generalize that higher static compression motors are generally geared for higher performance?

Your 13.5:1 suggests you will not be running regular gasoline for starters, unless the cylinder head is exceedingly efficient, you have direct fuel injection, and you like taking risks.
Sure you can generalize.. you can somewhat predict what a OEM will do with that kind of compression. But if you want to imply it is more extreme than the 10.5:1 engine you're comparing to you better have some specifics.

Are you planning to run on pump gas? (oops I forgot that confuses people in here) Let me rephrase that... Are you using 93 octane or lower? Or is E85 readily available in your area? Or is this a full blown super cereal LT1 racecar running on 110+ race gas?
e85.. May run on 93.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

That cobra needs to shift faster. Thats about how I shift just driving around.

I will say that an encounter with a new 5.0 is what made me start modding my car "seriously".

Back on gearing. I kept my 3.42 ratio because I knew I was going to be making more power with street tires. I can apply full power in 2nd gear & not worry about spinning. If I went with 3.73 or 4.10 I would probably be peddling through second gear. I'm pretty happy with my setup being a full time street car. I can't wait to encounter some 5.0's around here!
Old 03-31-2015, 01:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
That cobra needs to shift faster. Thats about how I shift just driving around.

I will say that an encounter with a new 5.0 is what made me start modding my car "seriously".

Back on gearing. I kept my 3.42 ratio because I knew I was going to be making more power with street tires. I can apply full power in 2nd gear & not worry about spinning. If I went with 3.73 or 4.10 I would probably be peddling through second gear. I'm pretty happy with my setup being a full time street car. I can't wait to encounter some 5.0's around here!
I don't have a 5.0, but I'd give you a run or two in my Z. What part of south FL?
Old 03-31-2015, 01:54 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Red is Faster
I don't have a 5.0, but I'd give you a run or two in my Z. What part of south FL?
Lol I haven't ran anything yet. Another car I've been thinking of is a C6Z to see how well I hang.

Awesome. I'm on the east side, Broward county.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
Lol I haven't ran anything yet. Another car I've been thinking of is a C6Z to see how well I hang.

Awesome. I'm on the east side, Broward county.
I'm over in the Sarasota area, bit of a hike. Might check out the roll racing events they do at PBIR sometime, though.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Red is Faster
I'm over in the Sarasota area, bit of a hike. Might check out the roll racing events they do at PBIR sometime, though.
True. Thanks for the offer man.

There's one of those on April 11th. I'm going to try & attend.

Quick Reply: portes/pullied cobro vs bolt on 5.bro