Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

5.br0 vs LS2 GTO

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 11:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
It just shows what a 5.0 can do to an LS equipped car at the same weight range...
A 5.br0 and an LS2 GTO are pretty even, stock. And the LS2 is 6 years older lol. Nice try.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:54 PM
11 Second Club

It just shows what a 5.0 can do to an LS equipped car at the same weight range...
You literally say this in every thread that has a ls car in it.

I know you're supposedly "trash talking", but it gets old hearing you always use the weight comparison. I'd give anything to have my car na again, because I'd put ours both on the scale, add weight to mine if need be to equal it, and then this ls would **** all over it. we had to be pretty close in weight (within 50lbs), but I'm guessing you're close to 430-440rwhp with e85 vs my 390rwhp at the time. It would have been bad had I been the same hp level as you with the same weight.

I don't talk **** about the golden 5.0 coyote motor, I have said multiple time that it's a good motor and always give props to them when vids are posted. All this **** talking about a motor I happen to enjoy in my car, just gets old after the 1000th time. If it were the truth then it wouldn't bother me, but you don't seem to have a clue what a good running ls car can do.

Honestly man, I like you and we'd probably have a lot of fun hanging out and racing, but your car has gotten you awful cocky and it does run good for what it is, but it's not all that. I know quite a few "proper" ls cars that would do some serious mental ***** to your head after you ran them. Just sayin

If I offended you, sorry, it is what it is. I'm just saying what you say to every ls guy on here, so I'm not doing anything that you don't. Seriously, you guys can all think what you want, but when you get ahold of a well built, full weight fbody, you won't have anything for it, period! Try getting into other sections here other than srk and maybe you'll see what these cars can really do when people actually take time and do them right.

/end rant
Old 04-26-2016, 12:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Deeohgie69

I know you're supposedly "trash talking", but it gets old hearing you always use the weight comparison. I'd give anything to have my car na again, because I'd put ours both on the scale, add weight to mine if need be to equal it, and then this ls would **** all over it. we had to be pretty close in weight (within 50lbs), but I'm guessing you're close to 430-440rwhp with e85 vs my 390rwhp at the time. It would have been bad had I been the same hp level as you with the same weight.

I don't talk **** about the golden 5.0 coyote motor, I have said multiple time that it's a good motor and always give props to them when vids are posted. All this **** talking about a motor I happen to enjoy in my car, just gets old after the 1000th time. If it were the truth then it wouldn't bother me, but you don't seem to have a clue what a good running ls car can do.

Honestly man, I like you and we'd probably have a lot of fun hanging out and racing, but your car has gotten you awful cocky and it does run good for what it is, but it's not all that. I know quite a few "proper" ls cars that would do some serious mental ***** to your head after you ran them. Just sayin

If I offended you, sorry, it is what it is. I'm just saying what you say to every ls guy on here, so I'm not doing anything that you don't. Seriously, you guys can all think what you want, but when you get ahold of a well built, full weight fbody, you won't have anything for it, period! Try getting into other sections here other than srk and maybe you'll see what these cars can really do when people actually take time and do them right.

/end rant
Well said! The 5.br0 cockiness is becoming worse than the LS1 crowd ever was, and that's saying quite a bit. 5.0s are quick but can easily be beat. My old lid/cat back a4 beat 3 different A6's. From digs and rolls. One even had x pipe and cat back. The other 2 were unknown mods, probably stock or very light bolt on.

Hell, my full weight, street tuned HCI ls1 with stock gears, walked the **** (5+ lengths) out of a bolt on, tuned track pack 5.0. From my worst speed in 2nd gear, letting him go first. AND shifting at 6,000 rpm . And this guy could drive exceptionally well. He ran high 12s in two different stock F bodies, and a bone stock GTO. I'm trying to set up some races with another 5.0 guy that I know, who has basically the exact same mods as poppa, and A6. Actually he has more mods. I'll definitely get vids for the hates!
Old 04-26-2016, 12:18 AM
11 Second Club

/end rant
How dare you have an opinion that is logical, full of common sense, and unbiased.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:26 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Click Click Boom
Well said! The 5.br0 cockiness is becoming worse than the LS1 crowd ever was, and that's saying quite a bit. 5.0s are quick but can easily be beat. My old lid/cat back a4 beat 3 different A6's. From digs and rolls. One even had x pipe and cat back. The other 2 were unknown mods, probably stock or very light bolt on.

Hell, my full weight, street tuned HCI ls1 with stock gears, walked the **** (5+ lengths) out of a bolt on, tuned track pack 5.0. From my worst speed in 2nd gear, letting him go first. AND shifting at 6,000 rpm . And this guy could drive exceptionally well. He ran high 12s in two different stock F bodies, and a bone stock GTO. I'm trying to set up some races with a 5.0 guy that I know, who has basically the exact same mods as poppa. I'll definitely get vids for the hates!
If your car is running right, it should run bottom 11's to high 10's trapping well into the 120's. Even more so if you've got a decent amount of weight cut. I know what these cars are capable of with your intake and afr heads on them. A lot of them on here know that, and know what would really happen... some just don't know.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:27 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

/end rant
I just wanted to point a couple things out here. First thing, Poppacap's car with stock manifolds and cats is making nowhere near 440whp, even on a dynojet. I would guess maybe 410 on a dynojet. Second, the heaviest stock fbody I have ever seen was an 02 WS6 and it was 3520. An auto 2015 car is 3700-3800 depending on options. I think if you guys raced at equal weight, you might be surprised at the outcome.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by V8EATR
I just wanted to point a couple things out here. First thing, Poppacap's car with stock manifolds and cats is making nowhere near 440whp, even on a dynojet. I would guess maybe 410 on a dynojet. Second, the heaviest stock fbody I have ever seen was an 02 WS6 and it was 3520. An auto 2015 car is 3700-3800 depending on options. I think if you guys raced at equal weight, you might be surprised at the outcome.
Momma said his car weighs 36xx with the drag pack and other minor weight savings. He also has e85. And Deeohgie had 2.73 gears in an A4 and still trapped the same as mommas A6 5.br0. Seems to me like an LS1 utilizes it's power better than a 5.br0.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:09 AM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Hell, my full weight, street tuned HCI ls1 with stock gears, walked the **** (5+ lengths) out of a bolt on, tuned track pack 5.0. From my worst speed in 2nd gear, letting him go first. AND shifting at 6,000 rpm . And this guy could drive exceptionally well. He ran high 12s in two different stock F bodies, and a bone stock GTO. I'm trying to set up some races with another 5.0 guy that I know, who has basically the exact same mods as poppa, and A6. Actually he has more mods. I'll definitely get vids for the hates!
Seen your 60 to 110 vid......you ain't walking much at all man. lol
Old 04-26-2016, 08:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by islander033
Seen your 60 to 110 vid......you ain't walking much at all man. lol
I'd walk your **** in the 1/8, old man.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:19 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

/end rant
Eat a dick?
Old 04-26-2016, 10:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gt4urass
Eat a dick?
Drunk again? It's not even noon.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:50 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wayne Brady
Drunk again? It's not even noon.
Sober! Just like poking DOG.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:47 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by V8EATR
Not here to argue, it just gets old and I've seen them over 3600lbs before. We can do the I have stock wheels that are much heavier than his drag pack, which equals less rotating mass to run and how these new cars are more efficient, blah blah all day. You guys know what I'm saying, this stuff isn't rocket science. My car still ran faster et, almost identical trap, with I'd bet within 50lbs and at least by your calculations 20-30rwhp less. I'd say it's more than that.

But my point is, even if we ran dead even, then what's his argument going to be? Everyone in the bro crowd comes in here and ***** all over the ls cars on how horrible they are and the weight gets brought into it more than a Jenny Craig meeting. I'm saying that it's not the case and his car runs better than the norm 5.0 and it goes the same with ls cars being out there that run the same.

You guys wonder why so many people hate mustang owners? Look at these threads every day. I'm not saying that there aren't ls guys that do it too. But how about going back and reading how many people call out the coyote motor as being bad vs the mustang guys saying how shitty the ls motor is and the only reason it does any good at all is because of the weight? Pretty clear line man
Originally Posted by Gt4urass
Eat a dick?
I honestly don't even know why you're here? Don't you have some guys to fluff for their **** shoot?
Old 04-26-2016, 11:56 AM
Launching!

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Fun stuff
Old 04-26-2016, 12:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

/end rant
Its all good man... I like the trash talk. But Ill say this. You car NA at the same weight as mine would need a cam, and probably heads to beat me. If I throw a simlle stall in the car, its all over. This is you at full/near factory weight like myself. Sory for short reply.. out for the day and on phone... which sucks..
Old 04-26-2016, 12:56 PM
11 Second Club

I have seen your speedo vid jakeypoo.... my LBO 5.br0 isnt worried about your h/c/i fbody
Old 04-26-2016, 12:58 PM
11 Second Club

And deeohgie.. my cocki ess I guess comes from the constant bullshit spewing from the Hio crew.. so that gets old for me too.. no hard feelings man.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:59 PM
Banned

DOG what intake did your cam set up have? I don't see one in your sig. Was it stock?
Old 04-26-2016, 12:59 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

I have seen your speedo vid jakeypoo.... my LBO 5.br0 isnt worried about your h/c/i fbody
Could you imagine the huge-er gap you'd lay on Jakes car if you were the same weight? wow
Old 04-26-2016, 01:00 PM
Banned

And deeohgie.. my cocki ess I guess comes from the constant bullshit spewing from the Hio crew.. so that gets old for me too.. no hard feelings man.
I think you're just salty because every one of the "Hio crew" has you covered.

Quick Reply: 5.br0 vs LS2 GTO