Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LBO 16 SS goes 11.0@123

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 07:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redbird555

Ya man look how closely modded that is to the ported stock intake and tune 6g lol.. **** that mustang is stock by your standards right?
Put those mods on that 6g and it would be a beat down. The 6g dominates the coyote without boost accept it

Nvm that car ran that in -1300da which you hate talking about when it involves 6g cars lol the hypocrisy here is off the scale
You are counting his built 6r80 as a mod? He blew it up with a bad previous tune(trans tuning) and had it built while rebuilding... would seriously not count that as a mod. lol.

And as stated above... this isn't just a simple TB, CAI, E85 tune, Drag pack 6gen. More to it than is being stated... its ok though.
Old 12-10-2016, 07:47 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lawhead
So this kit is 0 mods ? I don't get it lol
Its a kit named "Shadymawd"
Old 12-10-2016, 07:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
Wtf is your problem?

This is pathetic
I just need to know what the ceiling is for cam only 2016+ SS. Once I know the ceiling I can top it.

The SS sets the bar. I still haven't raced one. The 392 cars are really no competition. I am pretty sure that if a new SS gets out on me I won't run it down.

Nobody seems to pull them back.
Old 12-10-2016, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Sorry brah... but 99mph trap in the 1/8th is a little more than the mods stated. Good run for sure though. So what you are saying is you can simply add an E85 toon to your 6gen and run 11.0s... right? Pretty much your mods too right?

There is more to this story than is being told. But its ok... it happens on both sides mang.
I would be in the neighborhood yes. But never been to his track. I'm at 11.68 right now. I'm assuming his DA was even lower than mine.

Ported manifold and e85 is worth 40-50hp. Then factor in better conditions and removal of TM that bogs the first two shifts. Bogs the launch. Sorry this is reality man. 4 people have gone 11.6-7 stock tune now. Trapped up to 120.9 at atco with stock tune. We are all lying I'm sure.

But I've got kooks longtubes and off road pipes coming as well. Still not decided on the porting or a CF driveshaft.

Do your FBO and put a gigantic stall in your car and you might run with my setup next year
Old 12-10-2016, 08:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would be in the neighborhood yes. But never been to his track. I'm at 11.68 right now. I'm assuming his DA was even lower than mine.

Ported manifold and e85 is worth 40-50hp. Then factor in better conditions and removal of TM that bogs the first two shifts. Bogs the launch. Sorry this is reality man. 4 people have gone 11.6-7 stock tune now. Trapped up to 120.9 at atco with stock tune. We are all lying I'm sure.

But I've got kooks longtubes and off road pipes coming as well. Still not decided on the porting or a CF driveshaft.

Do your FBO and put a gigantic stall in your car and you might run with my setup next year
This Camaro/mustang story is the same as always.

In the 60's the non copo Camaro had a 396 and the mustang had a 390. The Camaro dominated the pony car world. Ford made a few special edition mustangs to compete, but they were few and far between. That is the pony car blueprint. It will always be that way.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by assasinator
I just need to know what the ceiling is for cam only 2016+ SS. Once I know the ceiling I can top it.

The SS sets the bar. I still haven't raced one. The 392 cars are really no competition. I am pretty sure that if a new SS gets out on me I won't run it down.

I'm not sure. They are responding well to even small cams though especially with an msd to give it more rpm. Better than the ls3 IMO.

A guy just put down 500 rwhp through an a8 with 93 octane cam only FBO setup. Cam was in the 220 duration lol. Texas speed sv stock converter cam. The smallest they make. They claim 75 hp gain. I'd suppose large cam only on e85 would be 550 rwhp range. Ported heads add another 20-25. Even more if milled to extrapolate the already huge e85 gains. Also some very good aftermarket heads on the horizon. One is the victor jr set. His build is on camaro6.

Texas speed sv3 cam makes 618 hp on their engine dyno stock heads pump gas. 110 hp claimed hp gains. Many don't have the phaser tables figured as they do. Suboptimal tuning by many not optimizing cam timing etc. TSP provides dyno tested data to its customers for the phasing etc.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There is nothing stopping Chevy from releasing a 427 LT. FORD might answer the new LT, but Chevy can always top it. A 5.2 liter coyote DI might close the gap some. Might.

One thing that is true is, the gen2 coyote cylinder head can easily match the horsepower of the LT.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not sure. They are responding well to even small cams though especially with an msd to give it more rpm. Better than the ls3 IMO.

A guy just put down 500 rwhp through an a8 with 93 octane cam only FBO setup. Cam was in the 220 duration lol. Texas speed sv stock converter cam. The smallest they make. They claim 75 hp gain. I'd suppose large cam only on e85 would be 550 rwhp range. Ported heads add another 20-25. Even more if milled to extrapolate the already huge e85 gains. Also some very good aftermarket heads on the horizon. One is the victor jr set. His build is on camaro6.

Texas speed sv3 cam makes 618 hp on their engine dyno stock heads pump gas. 110 hp claimed hp gains. Many don't have the phaser tables figured as they do. Suboptimal tuning by many not optimizing cam timing etc. TSP provides dyno tested data to its customers for the phasing etc.
2015+ coyote heads have the flow to support 700 hp. Ported LT can do it too I imagine. Stock LT heads fall a little short of that. When I do change to 2015 heads I will get them on a flow bench for numbers we'd all like to see. That won't be stock for that.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You are counting his built 6r80 as a mod? He blew it up with a bad previous tune(trans tuning) and had it built while rebuilding... would seriously not count that as a mod. lol.

And as stated above... this isn't just a simple TB, CAI, E85 tune, Drag pack 6gen. More to it than is being stated... its ok though.
Yes I'd call a BUILT trans a mod lol. Lets no leave out the Vikings, drag Springs, and 5c converter though. And the -1300 da you like to talk about when the 6g gets brought up.

But anyway it's all a big Conspiracy right??? He's hiding stuff even though he gave a way clearer explanation than any bro ever has. He's hiding mods but all the 5.0 guys that go 10s with 3800lb cars are telling the truth right? Lmfao
Old 12-10-2016, 08:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

I mean it looks pretty on target 1 full second faster mod for mod on avg. What happened here though? You guys were all riding this guys dick on fb today about how his car ran so good. Mod list is a mule and a half long and this tuned ported intake 6g trapped better lolz

Hhhhhhmmmm.....timing error on that slip
Originally Posted by islander033
Why would a way slower car with a timing error slip upset anyone?

Lets all internet race with a timing error slip!

Lmao
If the slip above if the s550 is good then so is mine. After all a lighter car with more power and a sra should 60' better right?

A built trans is a mod.
This Camaro/mustang story is the same as always.

In the 60's the non copo Camaro had a 396 and the mustang had a 390. The Camaro dominated the pony car world. Ford made a few special edition mustangs to compete, but they were few and far between. That is the pony car blueprint. It will always be that way.
That's the main reason i never liked furd much. Until recently all their **** was turdy except for a few special cars they would pop out once in a while.

Well....it sure looks like Pray fisted the furd gaiys with his foot.

Nice job Pray
Old 12-10-2016, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

There is nothing stopping Chevy from releasing a 427 LT. FORD might answer the new LT, but Chevy can always top it. A 5.2 liter coyote DI might close the gap some. Might.

One thing that is true is, the gen2 coyote cylinder head can easily match the horsepower of the LT.
I'm guessing they do a worked lt1 in the 530 hp range. Some in the know guys have talked about it. But you know how that goes. Would also fit the bill of the z28 being a higher revving road course car. Also some things Al has said elude to it. They also did things similar in the past such as the ls6.
An lt7 would be incredible and they did start on one for the zo6 but scrapped it. Couldn't get 600+ and meet emissions etc. But I would think even a tame one could get 550 +. We shall see. If the z28 is lt4 major fail IMO. That's not what it's supposed to be.

Maybe when the mod starts the 392 starts to fall back but you'd be surprised when both near stock. I've run with a guy locally. Were similarly modded. He's only .1-.2 and 2 mph behind me. They can out 60 a stock 6g and shift firmer both stock. Also slightly more aggressive gearing. I believe less TM too. His 1-2 shift is violent mine is delayed. Right before the 1/8 I start a slow pull. None before that.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:27 PM
11 Second Club

You talking stock or modded? Only takes LBO on S550 to take out LBO 6gen

FBO and giant stall, and we should meet up for some cash runs.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:31 PM
11 Second Club

Yes I'd call a BUILT trans a mod lol. Lets no leave out the Vikings, drag Springs, and 5c converter though. And the -1300 da you like to talk about when the 6g gets brought up.

But anyway it's all a big Conspiracy right??? He's hiding stuff even though he gave a way clearer explanation than any bro ever has. He's hiding mods but all the 5.0 guys that go 10s with 3800lb cars are telling the truth right? Lmfao
Built trans did absolutely ZERO to help make the car faster

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
A built trans is a mod.
No it isn't... he blew his up and had to rebuild... might as well put better clutches and shaft in... did ZERO to help the car go faster.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

4 of us all got our cars going about the same time. All in the same neighborhood of times. All similarly modded in similar conditions. You guys even seen me run my car the weekend after I brought it home with temp tags. They are mid to high 11 capable stock tune. Gain huge from e85. That's just the reality. It all adds up just fine. I really don't see the problem. I seen this coming with my great bench racing skills months ago.

It's the same story as the original stock times and denial when they were released. Well now we have 4 people running high 11s right off the showroom

Same story with the weight same story with the handling. It won't happen it's not true blah blah blah. Proving the haters wrong time after time after time. Good stuff lol.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Even taking the modded trans away I'm still waiting on your technical explanation how it's similarly modded to the op 6g in question.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So wtf does this kit include.... for no mods I'd say you're getting jipped
Old 12-10-2016, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would yes. And I'll stay on the stock converter. Nothing huge though lol. 100 bucks or something.

Better get some ftw and Rev that thing to near death 8k plus. Pull some weight. Equally modded you won't win. Sorry pops
Old 12-10-2016, 08:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 12-10-2016, 09:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

You lost to a stock 6gen with lbo.
Built trans did absolutely ZERO to help make the car faster

No it isn't... he blew his up and had to rebuild... might as well put better clutches and shaft in... did ZERO to help the car go faster.
So is my trans stock?

Because if mine is not his is not. I even have stock shafts..
Old 12-10-2016, 09:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

I like cars

Quick Reply: LBO 16 SS goes 11.0@123