Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Wrecked while NOT racing

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 01:06 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wrecked while NOT racing

ok this is not a kill story...but i feel bad for what im about to type...i hadnt had my F-body a week yet and i had wrecked one night leaving a bunch of friends looking like a bad ***...fortunatley the road was outta view but i know they heard me...ok i had to be home by 12:00 (yea i was 19now 20 and free...dont ask)anyway i had jsut done a mean burnout in front of my friends in the church parking lot (yea i got my just deserves for that)well on the way out im still hauling ***...i turn on to the road and kick it again.weeelll i didnt know this road as well as i thought i did and my front 2 tires were bald (newbie mistake) damn near taking a turn at 65+mph at about a 75deg angled road...it holds all of 3 sec...im off in the brush in the grass, branches are just rippin my car to shreds..or so i thought...i had my driverside window down and i got popped under my eye w/ a branch that flew in the WINDOW!! and then i heard this loud pop..there went the driverside mirror(didnt break the electrical wiring though..surpised)i then wipped it back on the road and was scared shitless...and was a/b ready to cry when i pulled into a parking lot and looked at the damage. 2 HUGE dents in the driverside quarter panel, driver mirror, and an *** of paint(pass. side was clean though )turns out it wasnt that much damge...it was $1600....i wont tell the secodn time..les just say it involved an old lady and a wet road
Old 02-12-2005, 02:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

that sucks... sounds like you need to learn more about your cars limitations though..
Old 02-12-2005, 02:38 AM
TECH Regular

what can I say... by the almighty

I guess it's just that time of your life, if I had a z28 when I was your age, I'd probably be dead by now

i had jsut done a mean burnout in front of my friends in the church parking lot
Old 02-12-2005, 02:41 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Camaroz
that sucks... sounds like you need to learn more about your cars limitations though..
o yea...this happend a year ago...know my car very well now
Old 02-12-2005, 02:43 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by longdaddy
what can I say... by the almighty

I guess it's just that time of your life, if I had a z28 when I was your age, I'd probably be dead by now
its a dangerous machine but now i have over 400hp and i know wtf im doing now
Old 02-12-2005, 02:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SStheBest
o yea...this happend a year ago...know my car very well now
Old 02-12-2005, 04:22 AM
On The Tree

I took my z28 and ran into the Home Depot outside gardening section(the gate). They were watering the plants and I thought it would be funny to drive by and slam on my brakes to scare a friend. My car didnt stop and I hydroplaned into the giant gate. Didnt really do as much damage as you would think. I sure looked like an idot though. Ive taken a turn and hammered it half way though resulting in my car going up a curb. These are all reasons a young teen should not have a sports car. Im 25 now and I cant believe all the stupid things I did in my camaro. But hey, you live and learn. Now im a pilot...LOL. Think about that next time you get into a plane.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:07 AM
TECH Resident

lol ill keep that in mind
Old 02-12-2005, 09:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You got lucky. My friend took a turn too fast and ended up spinning out.......with the back end going in to a telephone poll. His girlfreind was in the back seat, shatter both arms and broke a leg (lucky she was on the pass. side, or she would be dead), the passenger up front had a concussion and his head looked like a basketball, and the driver was just really shaken up, with a fractured wrist...

Old 02-12-2005, 09:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I just had deja vou (sp?).......did you post this story before?
Old 02-12-2005, 09:27 AM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

Originally Posted by j_rock
I took my z28 and ran into the Home Depot outside gardening section(the gate). They were watering the plants and I thought it would be funny to drive by and slam on my brakes to scare a friend. My car didnt stop and I hydroplaned into the giant gate. Didnt really do as much damage as you would think. I sure looked like an idiot though.

oh man thats pretty funny. Not to be mean or anything, but that must've been kinda humorous in retrospect. lol
Old 02-12-2005, 11:38 AM
Teching In

One time I was tryin to show off and took a 25mph corner pretty hot. The car was holdin fine but then comin outa the corner I figured I'd really impress someone and romp it and exit the corner sideways and shoot off. Well when I punched it the rear just bit and it pulled the weight off the front tires which caused instant understeer. I slid halfway off the road and when it shot back up on the road I was all outa shape, fished side to side about 3 or 4 times before it went sliding at a 90 degre angle to the road and slowly went off the road while it was sliding. Luckily there was no ditch and I went through someones yard and came to a stop perfectly in the middle of their driveway. Put her in reverse backed out and drove off. The only thing it did to my car was get a little bit of dirt on my front drivers side tires sidewall, Because it was acting like a plow when it went halfway off the pavement.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:47 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 5.8litrels1eater
I just had deja vou (sp?).......did you post this story before?
uhh not to my knowledge
Old 02-12-2005, 11:49 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by wlz28
One time I was tryin to show off and took a 25mph corner pretty hot. The car was holdin fine but then comin outa the corner I figured I'd really impress someone and romp it and exit the corner sideways and shoot off. Well when I punched it the rear just bit and it pulled the weight off the front tires which caused instant understeer. I slid halfway off the road and when it shot back up on the road I was all outa shape, fished side to side about 3 or 4 times before it went sliding at a 90 degre angle to the road and slowly went off the road while it was sliding. Luckily there was no ditch and I went through someones yard and came to a stop perfectly in the middle of their driveway. Put her in reverse backed out and drove off. The only thing it did to my car was get a little bit of dirt on my front drivers side tires sidewall, Because it was acting like a plow when it went halfway off the pavement.
lol yea u a/b fucked up
Old 02-12-2005, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

**** man, be careful. I pulled out chasing a 5.0 and floored it while turning right when it was a tiny, TINY bit slick and ended up doing a couple 360's and cracking my fender up against a light pole. These cars don't like turning too fast. Not something to be fucked around with. I'm definitely a little more careful with my car now. A second time? You wrecked twice already?
Old 02-12-2005, 05:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn, lucky. I would have needed new undies after that one. It had to be kinda funny though....just back out like nothing happened.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:08 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bull99ls1
**** man, be careful. I pulled out chasing a 5.0 and floored it while turning right when it was a tiny, TINY bit slick and ended up doing a couple 360's and cracking my fender up against a light pole. These cars don't like turning too fast. Not something to be fucked around with. I'm definitely a little more careful with my car now. A second time? You wrecked twice already?
the second time was like 4 months later when i had just left the mall and was a/b a mile from my app....it had rained that day and i got really into some rock music i was listening 2 and punched it around a blind curve at like 70...there was a ******* car cady cornered in the middle of the road and i slammed my brakes....but it didnt help i lwent off the right side of the road taking out my pass.side fog light, cracking the front facia, and i must have tagged the tail end of the car b/c i got out and there was a HUGE dent right behind the driver door right before the wheel. $2600 worth of damage there....havent done anything STUPID since and im not going to...insurance is RAPING my ***
Old 02-13-2005, 10:56 PM
Staging Lane

I haven't wrecked my WS6 yet "Knocks on wood". Unfortunately, I did wreck my old '99 Ram taking a turn too fast. The truck started to fishtail and instead of letting off of the gas, I pushed the gas pedal down further while correcting the fishtail, the truck then did a 180 degree spin into a curb!! Blew the front tire, bent the rear rim, damaged the rear axle and driverside drum brake, and broke off cement from the curb!!! That was the stupidest thing I have ever done!!!
Old 02-14-2005, 10:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I'll post up my dumbass story. About a month after I got the 2000 I past a two man road crew who upon hearing and seeing my car promptly gave me the motion to spin em. Deciding to give them a show I kicked off the tc and popped it half way down going roughly 15mph. The road was perfectly straight and I had already straightened out from a turn. However I forgot it was about 20 degrees out that day. My rear end immediately swung wide for the other lane, I corrected with the wheel sending the rear the other way. I proceeded to do this back and forth three or four times before I got it back under control. Needless to say my hands were white from squeezing the wheel, and I believe my corn hole may have torn a piece of my boxers out. The construction workers however viewed it as an awesome sight and gave me thumbs up that I could see in my rear view.

Since then I've been really careful about road conditions and applying power. Unfortunately I did get T-boned in an intersection, that however was nothing to do with control or knowledge of the vehicle, just an idiot driver error
Old 02-14-2005, 03:14 PM
Teching In

Yea, most of us are bound to get crossed up once or twice.