Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Formula vs LT1 Z28 vs Supercharged Foxbody

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 12:44 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Formula vs LT1 Z28 vs Supercharged Foxbody

Well, tonight i was hanging out over my girlfriends house and her friend Mike decides he wants to call up this guy with a cammed automatic LT1 Camaro and say that I said i would walk him. So he comes over and we shoot the **** for a while and we agree to race later on. Then our buddy Steve shows up and he wants in on some of the action, so after some deliberation on where to race, off we go to the spot.

First run up is me and the LT1. We both do a little burnout to heat up the tires, and then we're ready to go. Flagger drops her hands and we're both off. I launched at around 2000 rpm, and as soon as i let out of the clutch the tires were spinning, through first i pulled a half a car, slam second and get sideways, putting another car or so when i catch traction, and then put another one through third gear when i shut it down.

Next run was me and Steve, who owns a Supercharged 92 Foxbody GT on 8psi (350whp). Flagger drops and we both go, he gets excited and lights up the tires and so do i, but I put a car on him in 1st gear, hit second gear and put another car on him, third gear I do the same and hold him off until the top of third where he was beginning to gain back...after he caught traction in the middle of 3rd gear.

We decide to run it again. This time i had an awesome launch with nothing more than a chirp from the tires in 1st and second gears, where i had a half a car on him through. He didnt spin as bad this time because by the time I had hit third he had pulled back up even with me, and as we ran out third he put a car on me before i hit the brakes to slow down.

We go at it one more time, this time he has a good launch and i have a shitty one, spinning through first and part of second. I had a fender on him through first and second, then he put 2-3 cars on me through third before we i shut it down.

Then on the ride back home, me and the Camaro go at it from a 60 punch. I drop it into third and we both gun it, i put a car on him through third gear, and another half through part of fourth before we shut it down @ 110mph.

All in all it was a good night, I went 3-2 against some quick cars and had alot of fun.
Old 02-19-2005, 12:49 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good kills! But watch that LT1 cannabalism would you
Old 02-19-2005, 11:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what kind of cam does the other guys LT-1 have??
Old 02-19-2005, 12:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by wlz28
what kind of cam does the other guys LT-1 have??

and good kill stories.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:16 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LT4 hotcam IIRC