Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

What is it with these guys

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 03:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is it with these guys

Last night me and my gf were on our way home from the store and guy in a civic si is in our turnlane (leftbound) next to us. He had a stock exhaust but it was tootin pretty good. Any how once I heard him gun it just from reflex I gunned it too and put an instant couple of car lengths and shut down at about 50-60. He gave me the ricer fly by after that. At the light my gf and I see he is with his girl and she looked pissed because he was racing, mines like that too. Any how I was just going to be cool and and he guns it again so my gf said go but by that time he was ahead by about 4-5 car lengths, I got to his door before I shut off before the light and the dimb a$$ runs it. I don't consider the second run a win because I didn't make the pass but just from the reel in those things seem pretty slow. All in good fun though right?
Old 03-12-2005, 05:33 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

Originally Posted by Chris95Z
Last night me and my gf were on our way home from the store and guy in a civic si is in our turnlane (leftbound) next to us. He had a stock exhaust but it was tootin pretty good. Any how once I heard him gun it just from reflex I gunned it too and put an instant couple of car lengths and shut down at about 50-60. He gave me the ricer fly by after that. At the light my gf and I see he is with his girl and she looked pissed because he was racing, mines like that too. Any how I was just going to be cool and and he guns it again so my gf said go but by that time he was ahead by about 4-5 car lengths, I got to his door before I shut off before the light and the dimb a$$ runs it. I don't consider the second run a win because I didn't make the pass but just from the reel in those things seem pretty slow. All in good fun though right?

you were smart and shut it down so as not to blow the light. in my book, that's better than winning against that piece of junk. nice kill and "death".
Old 03-12-2005, 05:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

It is stupid ricers like that who make street racing so dangerous and stupid. Smart move shutting down, but once you raped him the first time, I wouldn't have given him the satisfaction and wasted the gas for a second go. You already won and proved your point. Nice kill and way to no when to quit!!!
Old 03-12-2005, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Now that civic wannabe ricer racer is going to tell his friend's he beat an LS1.
Old 03-12-2005, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

they are all morons. hell the first day i got my lt1, i was driving along and hit a red light. lo and behold a riced to hell civic pops up next to me. i just laughed at him. gave him a nice big v8 rev. he vriiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnggged back. light turned green.... i was gone he gave me the customary flyby with a finger. that made me laugh even more.
Old 03-12-2005, 09:40 PM
TECH Regular

lt1 and yeah I totally agree he'll tell his buddies he won its kinda

Seriously though its cool and not cool to live where I live, I live in a decent area but its populated so a couple miles down it is ginda ghetto where the crem-de-la-crem is a hatch or rally lancer.

maybe if I order about $15,000 of parts overnight from japan using my loot from stealing dvd players I can make my car worthy of being feared
Old 03-12-2005, 11:46 PM
Staging Lane

Now that civic wannabe ricer racer is going to tell his friend's he beat an LS1
Yeah, but his friends will probably raise the BS flag or he'll try another LS1 and get schooled.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:24 AM
TECH Regular

There's no percentage in racing a Ricer twice. Beat 'em once and let 'em be.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:44 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like he won twice...he got you after your car fell on its face, and on the second race, he was obviously in the right part of the RPM range for his VTEC to kick in. Sorry to burst your bubble man, but you should really hang your head in shame.

Old 03-14-2005, 01:08 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
Sounds like he won twice...he got you after your car fell on its face, and on the second race, he was obviously in the right part of the RPM range for his VTEC to kick in. Sorry to burst your bubble man, but you should really hang your head in shame.

Great observation there. Reread his post please.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:11 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by METALBEAST
Thanks!
Old 03-14-2005, 01:36 PM
STF Veteran

pretty sure meent was being sarcastic
Old 03-14-2005, 01:49 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Skarecrow
pretty sure meent was being sarcastic

And I am showing that I am embarrased for miss reading

Sorry
Old 03-14-2005, 02:09 PM
Staging Lane

Ive said it once and i will say it again, rocking a guy with his girl in the car is the best. Cuz he probably spends alot of time telling her how fast his car is and then he pulls up to a car like yours to try and show out then boom... their lookin at your tail lights.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by lt1maro
Ive said it once and i will say it again, rocking a guy with his girl in the car is the best. Cuz he probably spends alot of time telling her how fast his car is and then he pulls up to a car like yours to try and show out then boom... their lookin at your tail lights.
lol very tru but DAMN id hate to be the one in that position though...or u better be quick on ur feet to come up with an explination for y u just had ur *** handed to u
Old 03-14-2005, 02:46 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

And I am showing that I am embarrased for miss reading

Sorry
No worries man...it's been a long day here too. I have personally witnessed a VTEC car that could pull warp 10, but only if the conditions were right. Come to think of it, I think he had a Mr. Fusion sticking out the top of it...
Old 03-14-2005, 03:01 PM
On The Tree

^----
Old 03-14-2005, 04:02 PM
TECH Regular

thx guys I'll cave to get some vids on my cam if I can over spring break. Also Are is it true that there's a Mr. Fusion Kit available...

...well there are those times that civics just seem to disappear leaving nothing behind except for those flaming track marks
Old 03-15-2005, 05:08 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

thx guys I'll cave to get some vids on my cam if I can over spring break. Also Are is it true that there's a Mr. Fusion Kit available...

...well there are those times that civics just seem to disappear leaving nothing behind except for those flaming track marks
Oddly enough, Jeg's has them...

One call gets it all...

One click gets it quick...

If enough ricers get them, maybe they'll just all go back to 1985...but maybe they'll go back even further and change everything we know about cars today. The muscle car era would become the B18 engine swap era, with turbo's being phased out in the late 70's due to the gas crisis
Old 03-15-2005, 06:27 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
Oddly enough, Jeg's has them...

One call gets it all...

One click gets it quick...

If enough ricers get them, maybe they'll just all go back to 1985...but maybe they'll go back even further and change everything we know about cars today. The muscle car era would become the B18 engine swap era, with turbo's being phased out in the late 70's due to the gas crisis
STOP IT YOU BAD MAN!!!