Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Finally got some good races, cobra & fox body

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 08:43 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Finally got some good races, cobra & fox body

So the past few weeks all I could ever get to race was rice...nothing even worth wasting gas on, but whatever.

The other day I headed to Advance Auto Parts to get some spark plugs, and I notice when I come out that there's a guy hurrying to get outside to his car. I realize once I crank up that he was driving a red cobra parked across from me. In my excitement I failed to even see what year the car was, so I honestly dont know if it was a 5.0 or 4.6. Definitely had exhaust, not sure of other mods. I pull out onto the road and purposely turn towards the straightaway. I ease out and make sure he follows, and he does I eased up to about 50 mph and go to fourth gear (dont want to scare him off by being too loud). He gets beside me and i go down to third and give it a little punch. He gears down and hits it, so I dropped to 2nd and went. I immediately stopped his pull and started pulling back on him, and by the time I hit third gear I was out in front a car. I let off since we were in a semi crowded area. I gave him a thumbs up but I dont think he cared

Second race...I pull into the gas station last night to fill up, and I see a nice looking white fox body. My girlfriend commented that he might want to race, and I figured maybe. I filled up and he came outside and gave me a few glances. I took my time and finally he got into his car and crunk up. He had some type of cam, thats all I know. I then crunk up and pursued. We pulled out onto the road and at first I thought he was trying to run away because he sped up to like 65 in a 40 zone and he just seemed to keep getting faster. Then I realized he was trying to get out of traffic so we could get a good run in. I pulled even with him finally and we went from a 50 roll. I gave him the jump and immediately stopped his pull. He shifted into 4th? when I was around 5k rpms (stupid 3.42 gears ) and I pulled a car and a half until third, and then I let out. I gave him a thumbs up and he did the same Kinda funny b/c right after that we both made u turns (I guess we both missed our turns for the race )
Old 04-01-2005, 09:54 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice... I just had my first Mustang experience with my bird last night, I think I can get used to this
Old 04-01-2005, 02:30 PM
11 Second Club

sweet runs when we going to take that beast to the track?!
Old 04-01-2005, 02:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Nice kills!
Old 04-01-2005, 03:20 PM
On The Tree

Nice kills way to give a thumbs up stangs are still fun to race.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Good kills
Old 04-02-2005, 08:12 AM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

nice job. what year cobra do you think? I am assuming 95/96 if you weren't sure about the 5.0?

brad
Old 04-04-2005, 09:03 AM
TECH Resident

I wanna say 96-98 on the cobra...but I had so many more things on my mind

Dunno Craig...You coming to Commerce LS1tech race right? I'll definitely be there...we might run it