Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

WS6 vs. LT1 H/C Caprice.. fireworks show!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 03:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default WS6 vs. LT1 H/C Caprice.. fireworks show!

It's never fun being "the new kid". Everybody looks at you funny, and you usually end up with alot of attention you'd otherwise do well without.. funny how life so often mimicks childhood. So here I am, the new 'domestic guy' on the block. I've taken my share of ribbing from my import buddies, and just as much from the local domestic heads as well for jumping ship, but there's always that one individual who just has to go out of his way to make you feel oh soooo welcome

Enter Nory, Miami's favorite 4' tall fuzzy Cuban pimp. One of the local domestic pride, senior Nory rolls around in his white 'last of the breed' Caprice with LT1 swap and a few other good-fast goodies, a quasi-Impala SS if you will. Nice car, very simple and aside form the Impala wheels, you'd never know what was under that 8' hood .

Now Nory made sure to 'welcome' me to the domestic pack by calling me out on the local boards a few times, all in good fun but he defiantley wanted to egg me on letting the world know how I was going to catch a whoopin'. All the while I'm thinking to myself "this guy must have something in the form of a 10lb bottle up his sleeve", though I was assured by a dozen or so of my friend's he was indeed spray-less. So it's 11:30pm and me and Trent (civicflnum1) are making our way back from Moroso, still stoked over the 13.0 on my last run, when Trent get's a Nextel buzz telling him about a local meet with only a selec few going. Among them we've got a nice Supercharged AMG Benz, Lightning, another F-body, couple 'Stangs... oh yea, and Nory

I decide to go ahead and show face, say hi to some friends, and sure enough the smack talkng commenced almost as soon as I got outta the car. I barley touched my Taco Bell grilled stufted burrito before Nory gives me the "are you ready for your *** raping?" speach. Bastard, Taco Bell is hard enough to digest without the added pressure of losing to my grandmothers Sunday cruiser We sit around and shoot the preverbial poo for a bit before we decide it's show time, I man up and jump in the bird while Nory fires up the senior special and it's off to a local strip of road just perfect for a race.

We show up to the lot and scan for smokey, nobody home, roll out to the street and clean up the tires before lining them up. This is the first time I actually hear Nory's speedboat opened up, and damn!! This thing sounds like it's got twice the ***** under the hood than my F-body ..great, there goes the burrito talking to me ugh!

We line em' up and Nory goes ahead and gives the 3 count... *beep...beep* I guess the nervousness (sp?) kinda rattled me because I lunge out after the 2nd honk, but we regain composure and try it one more time. *beep.. beep beep* and before I know it, the sound of a thousand rabid Gorillas are roaring in my ears as Nory's barge lifts up and away while I struggle for traction in first (damn those automatic bastards!). Things go from bad to worse, he's pulling away from me at an ugly rate, bless that damn Neon that decided to jump out onto the street up ahead of us and giving me a valid excuse to let off the throttle.. I wasn't catching him.

Being the masochist I am, I agree to line it up one more time, focusing this time on getting off the hole without spending all of 1st just keeping the damn thing straight. Guess all those 2k+ clutch dump at Moroso were still on the brain, but the street sure as hell didn't stick the same! We go ahead and line em' up but this time Trent gets out of a friends car to flag us. Quick cleaning of the rubber and we're lined up, can't see Nory from behind those limo tints but I can feel "I own you" stare all over the car. I get a thumbs up from Trent, looks over at Nory for another thumbs up.. we're ready to go. Waiting... waiting.. waiting..... GO!!

The Caprice again roars to life in, but even with my cabin filled with the sound of the LT1 next to me, I manage to get a much better launch this time by babying the car off the hole and romping on it once she's moving. This keeps me to within a car and a half of Nory, and by the time I throw 2nd it's clear that not only is he not pulling on me, but I'm catching the land yatch instead w00t!! 2nd comes and goes in a blink, toss the Hurst into 3rd and I'm met with a nice little wiggle of the tail, 5k..5.5k.. 6k and I'm rolling past Nory, grab 4th and the train keeps on chugging before I finally finish ringing the mighty LS1 out at the top of 3rd a good car ++ over the LT1.. oWnaG3!

We get back to the meet and Mr. Nory, the gracious fellow he is, shakes me hand and wallow in defeat of the "domestic VTEC" as he describes the top end of the LS1. A fun race for sure, but not content with defeat we urge him to race another friend of ours with a boosted 240SX, stock KA (weak motor), 10psi yada yada.. Didn't take too much convincing either, I guess the thought of losing to me and coping out of a race with a god forsaken import is too much for him to bare, so right back out to the street they go, me with another friend and Trent both in my car watching from behind.

Nory decides to be generous and give the 240 the move, so they line em' up, wait a second or so and the 240 takes the jump with a nice little exhibition of ***-sliding acceleration while Nory plays catchup. Oddly enough I guess I got a pretty good launch with the extra weight too because I'm sitting behind the two about 2 cars back and actually gaining on both slowly but surley

Then.. it happens. Somewhere around 90-100mph, the intense blare of the LT1's dual pipes goes absolutley silent for a second.. follows by an even louder *BANG* along with a huuuuge dual plume of black smoke out the tailpipes trailed by a 2-3' flame. The car goes dead silent again for a moment, then out of nowhere you hear a suttle .."pop..pop.... pow pow pow", suddenly it's microwave popcorn with small flames shooting out from the below the rear bumper of the Caprice for a good 30 seconds or so while the limp car rolls on down the street with us in tow.

To make an already too long story a little shorter, the LT1 made it home with the assistance of a tow truck at around 3am. But hey, gives him more incentive to go a little bigger and better, and me a chance to add a little more 'ompf' to the Firechicken while he's down lol!

AHh yes.. sometimes the new kid get's the last laugh

Cliffs: Local domestic bully picks on the new kid, ends up with a loss and dead motor in hand... don't pick on the new kid

Last edited by VTC_WS6; 04-06-2005 at 09:15 AM.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice runs dude.
that is a cool story.
way to represent the ls1!
Old 04-05-2005, 05:35 PM
Banned

Nice run, now buy a camshaft w/tuning.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:53 PM
Launching!

congrats on the kill and welcome to our side of the fence

Nate
Old 04-05-2005, 07:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by VTC_WS6
So it's 11:30pm and me and Trent (civicflnum1) are making out way back from Moroso,
Ummmm spelling mistake? Might wanna double time the edit on that one. Other than, this is the best kill story in a long time.

Last edited by Sinner; 04-05-2005 at 08:18 PM.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:56 PM
10 Second Club

Wink

Originally Posted by Sinner
Ummmm spelling mistake? Might wanna double time the edit on that one. Other that, this is the best kill story in a long time.
Hahah, poetic justice. You mean other THAN that.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:09 PM
Staging Lane

Cool story nicely written cept the mis spells
Old 04-05-2005, 08:18 PM
Staging Lane

Edited......though mine wasn't nearly as bad lol.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:28 PM
10 Second Club

Bah on the minor mispelling! Dam it not a grammar class here. Well written and good contents! Your boy Nory needs to look at his opyi spark, sounds like the culprit to me. Speaking from my past happenings!
Old 04-05-2005, 09:45 PM
On The Tree

Awesome kill story. Best one I've heard in a while
Old 04-06-2005, 09:16 AM
12 Second Club

LOL! Wow, I missed that one! I'm usually pretty **** about spelling too, go figure..
Old 04-06-2005, 09:20 AM
Launching!

Spelling aside, you're a good writer. Nice kill story!
Old 04-06-2005, 10:52 AM
TECH Regular

Great kill story.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:08 PM
On The Tree

hah!! He had to swap in a LT1? Mine came with a LT1!