Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

my 04 z06 vs pullied 03 cobra

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 09:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my 04 z06 vs pullied 03 cobra

i was kinda of hoping i ran into a bolt on cobra after beating a stock one. well, my wish came true and last monday night a red 03 cobra that i have known for awhile before i bought the z06 came up to talk to me again and asked me what i had bought. after talking we decided to run from a roll. i am bone stock on street tires so i cant truely race from a 1st gear roll with the traction control off or my rear end will be all over the place.
we started in second gear at about 45mph and once i am in third gear i am barely, but barely ahead until he slams forth and he is all of a sudden one car ahead of me. i freaking knew that the monster tq of the cobra was going to reel me in specially rolling in second gear where he has more power.
we turned around and me being pissed off at myself ran it once again, but this time i suggested we do it in first (i had to use my active handling). i didnt spin and before i was in second i quickly turned my active handling off and powershifted to third. he is one car behind me, but once again in fourth gear he quicly started working his way to the front, but i managed to keep my front bumper ahead and we both let off at about 140mph.
he said his mods were nitto drag radials, x pipe, cat back, pullies. he claims 450rwhp or so. we are one and one and the tie breaker will take place as soon as i get my first round of bolt ons..( x pipe, nittos, air bridge with filter, tnt wet kit). he claims kenne bell will be substituting eaton for the next race so TNT is going to have weigh at least 175 to make this interesting..lol
i have the video between us and will post as soon as i have a chance to upload it..props to pullied cobras without a doubt
Old 04-20-2005, 09:49 AM
Staging Lane

Nice job cant wait for the vid.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DAn95
Nice job cant wait for the vid.
it will be up sometime this week when i am able to get a day off from work.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:08 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Nice runs. It is funny how the mods help them easily. I think thats the attraction. I raced a stock one and really upset they guy and a modded one as well 430rwhp so he says w/pulley and yes, much quicker. Still won but not by much, I just hate the blower wine. Hate it. Good run!
Old 04-20-2005, 11:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Nice runs. It is funny how the mods help them easily. I think thats the attraction. I raced a stock one and really upset they guy and a modded one as well 430rwhp so he says w/pulley and yes, much quicker. Still won but not by much, I just hate the blower wine. Hate it. Good run!
damn i felt slow as hell in my z06. when he slammed fourth he literally walked one car.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:37 AM

Dude, youre driving basically the baddest car on wheels. Just mod it and dont worry. I raced a Lightining and a Cobra at the same time with me in the center lane and I am DEAF. I hate the wine. Your car rules. Get a nice cam and sweet heads, but you already know that! Good luck.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:22 PM
TECH Regular

Nice runs. His Nitto's ain't gonna help him if he gets a KB on it. He'll need MT's or BFG's to hook and then it'll take him a while to re-learn the car. Jump his *** as soon as he's up and running.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:25 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Jay, if the guy had pullies and was only making 430, his numbers are way low or he has no supporting mods. Mine makes 466/475 with CAI/Borla's and 2.8 pulley with tune. Oh, the MT ET Street Radials are the best mod so far. Have fun out there.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:46 PM

Im not the Cobra guy, thats what HE said. I ran a "supposed" 500rwhp Lightining and that was quicker than the Cobra. These guys were starting w/ me when I was getting gas. All I can say is what they told me. Dont really care what they made. I am also not going to go into a LS1 vs Cobra contest either, all I know is the S/C are F@CKING too loud!
Old 04-20-2005, 01:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra03
Jay, if the guy had pullies and was only making 430, his numbers are way low or he has no supporting mods. Mine makes 466/475 with CAI/Borla's and 2.8 pulley with tune. Oh, the MT ET Street Radials are the best mod so far. Have fun out there.
i am hoping that even with a kb blower he cant reel me in if i am spraying 175 with full exhaust and sticky tires..should be fun to watch
Old 04-20-2005, 01:57 PM
12 Second Club

Nice runs! And by the way, when you race, hold down the traction button for ~5 seconds, you DIC will show "Competition Mode" which is great for drag racing. Basically it turns off traction control, but keeps the active handling on, so if you do get a little sideways, the car corrects it for you.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by baldurann
Nice runs! And by the way, when you race, hold down the traction button for ~5 seconds, you DIC will show "Competition Mode" which is great for drag racing. Basically it turns off traction control, but keeps the active handling on, so if you do get a little sideways, the car corrects it for you.
well, if i had sticky tires, which one would be better?
Old 04-20-2005, 03:28 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by whitecamaross
i am hoping that even with a kb blower he cant reel me in if i am spraying 175 with full exhaust and sticky tires..should be fun to watch
Be sure to tape that stuff, computer generated of course.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:59 PM
Staging Lane

Oh, the MT ET Street Radials are the best mod so far.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Be sure to tape that stuff, computer generated of course.
well if the mods are bolted on and his are bolted as well then rest assured you will be the first one to know the outcome.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by baldurann
is that all vettes or just the ZO6?

Tom
Old 04-20-2005, 11:32 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tom's_03SVT
is that all vettes or just the ZO6?

Tom
my friend's 04 c5 (non-z06) has it. either they all have it or it's an option. i'm pretty sure they all have it
Old 04-21-2005, 05:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

well, if i had sticky tires, which one would be better?
Comp Mode: Traction control is off and Active handling is on
Comp Mode is the best no matter what you run......will save your butt one day!
Comp Mode permits tire spin, but will work at keeping the car straight.
WHTCAM SS: Work on that launch, Cobras are easy prey out of the hole in a Z06! I always 60' my buddy's Modded Snake!

Tom's 03............Been looking for you>>>> Is that snake ready yet
Old 04-21-2005, 06:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by AmMscl
Comp Mode: Traction control is off and Active handling is on
Comp Mode is the best no matter what you run......will save your butt one day!
Comp Mode permits tire spin, but will work at keeping the car straight.
WHTCAM SS: Work on that launch, Cobras are easy prey out of the hole in a Z06! I always 60' my buddy's Modded Snake!

Tom's 03............Been looking for you>>>> Is that snake ready yet
thanks alot man..i also made the mistake of running in second gear. i should race in first to use my weight advantage, but that will happen when i get some nittos or bf goodrich dr..
Old 04-21-2005, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

If he's running a KB, I would add H/C and nitrous for a little more insurance .