Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My little lt1 outrunning a stroked 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 03:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My little lt1 outrunning a stroked 5.0

Last night myself and a few buddies were hanging out at the local coffee shop. Nothing but a bunch of rice burners etc. About 10pm some guy in a silver 5.0lx with a skirt kit and wheels pulls in. We can hear it loping, although it has some pretty quiet exhaust. He is hanging out with a guy in a civic and a guy in a neon, not even glancing over at my car. I was eying it up from about 15 feet away, noticed it had a full cage, race seats, shift light etc. It looked pretty serious from what i could tell, that and the fact that i could hear it definately had a cam of some sort. It didnt chop like my cc306, but it wasnt stock.

Fast forward about 30mins, guy wouldnt even glance at me or my car. So i decided to go for a quick rip down the highway, try and bait him a little. Soon as i was sitting at the lights waiting to go down infront of the coffee shop, everyone came out to the curb and was telling me to let it go, me being the show boat i am, tromped it in frist slammed second sidways and into third. Came back into the parking lot, everyone was all gathered in one big group.

I hadnt even got out of my car yet, and this girl i know said that he wanted to race me The stang driver went for the bait. So anyways, we go out onto the hiway, drive for a bit and get a nice 4 lane secton with no one on it and no where for cops to hide. We slow down to about 10mph and he comes up beside me, im in first gear, he is too. I was expecting to go on 3 honks, but he mats it......so do i, his back bumper was about at my front bumper when i punched it. Spun hard all the way to 6000rpm, slammed second, spun threw second but was still gaining. Packed third and began the freight training. At about 110 i had about 4-5 cars on him when i shut down. Got back to hang out and i shook his hand.....he was in awe. So we get to talking, and i thought i was going to make the poor guy cry.

He was running a 331 stroker, locally ported heads, and intake. He said small cam, didnt disclose the specs. 5 speed, 3.08 gears. And some weight reduction. He said he could do a more aggresive tune with the timing but admitted he didnt have enough. He was a cool guy and we chatted for a bit. He had no idea what a cammed lt1 was capable of i guess
Old 05-07-2005, 03:49 PM
Launching!

Good showing for a good canadian kid!
Old 05-07-2005, 04:47 PM
Teching In

Those gears are killing him. Hopefully it isn't the stock ported 5.0 Heads or else he is going to get no where.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:16 PM
Teching In

Very sweet!! Nice kill.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:33 PM
TECH Resident

ye man REPRESENT CANADA!! haha, nice kill bro, and really nice LT1, many guys think the LT1 is an old piece of slow **** and underestimate it, but that can easily change with just a couple of mods and driving skills
Old 05-08-2005, 07:02 PM
Launching!

Good kill

Goes to show you show some ppl. can't put a motor combo together.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:14 PM
Launching!

good kill man.....
Old 05-10-2005, 07:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mackey
Those gears are killing him. Hopefully it isn't the stock ported 5.0 Heads or else he is going to get no where.
yeah stock gears are killing him and if it is the stock heads, OUCH...good runa nd kill!
Old 05-10-2005, 08:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

three w00ts for the LT1