Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Integra takes out an 05 GTO!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 11:02 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Integra takes out an 05 GTO!!!

This was last Sat. I was following in my 93 TA. They went from a roll on the highway from about 35. The Integra immediatley got a jump and stayed there. I don't know by how much because I was behind. The GTO had the 6 liter with ram air hood. ( unless he just stuck the hood and decals on the car) They went twice with the same results. I know the guy with the Integra. He says he put a supercharger on it but wouldn't tell me any specifics like boost #'s. I know it is a GSR. I used to smoke him in my LT1 all the time when he had exhaust, header, CAI and I think a tune or chip. But now I got a new toy.

My question is if I shift good, can I pull a new GTO(with the LS2)? Not worried about the GTO I just want to take out my cocky friend in the Integra. With the 99 TA by the way not the LT1. (No insurance and its parked until it's sold.)

Since I have no specs on the GSR except the supercharger and exhaust I am not going to ask about that one. All I know is the Integra pulled the 05 GTO with 4 guys in it. (It didn't look by much though)

Either way I am going out this weekend with the LS1 and I am gonna get my buddy to bring his camera.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:11 AM
TECH Regular

Hmm, interesting. I raced a GSR with an SC and got him by 5 cars from a dig in the 1/4. Of course, I'm putting down a bit more than the car in your sig. Good luck on your run.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:28 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra03
Hmm, interesting. I raced a GSR with an SC and got him by 5 cars from a dig in the 1/4. Of course, I'm putting down a bit more than the car in your sig. Good luck on your run.
It doesnt say what #'s hes putting down. So how do you know?
Old 06-15-2005, 11:39 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 01SSDRVR
I plan on taking it to the dyno pretty soon, but from what I have seen with similar mods 360-380 RWHP?
Old 06-15-2005, 12:03 PM
Launching!

But what about the GTO? How do they do against F-bodys? I can get a pretty good estimate of what I'll do against the Integra if I can get a comparison on a GTO. Keep in mind the GTO had 4 guys sitting in it so around 400 pounds was added on to the driver/car weight. I probably will go from a roll just because I'm not use to launching it. It has an SLP short shifter and it's kinda tricky to shift. M6 newbie here.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 01SSDRVR
Well, considering Charlie has a 460+ rwhp blown cobra and we're talking about a LS1 with headers and cam, I think Chalrie is safe to say he is putting down more power. Course, depends on the cam.

I think with your mods you'd be better than a GTO with the LS2, considering the weight difference. Again, depends on cam.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:49 PM
Launching!

Specs I believe are 224/224/.586 I think but not to sure. I have to look at the reciept.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:50 PM
Launching!

Just a little bit huh?
Old 06-15-2005, 06:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 93transam
This was last Sat. I was following in my 93 TA. They went from a roll on the highway from about 35. The Integra immediatley got a jump and stayed there. I don't know by how much because I was behind. The GTO had the 6 liter with ram air hood. ( unless he just stuck the hood and decals on the car) They went twice with the same results. I know the guy with the Integra. He says he put a supercharger on it but wouldn't tell me any specifics like boost #'s. I know it is a GSR. I used to smoke him in my LT1 all the time when he had exhaust, header, CAI and I think a tune or chip. But now I got a new toy.

My question is if I shift good, can I pull a new GTO(with the LS2)? Not worried about the GTO I just want to take out my cocky friend in the Integra. With the 99 TA by the way not the LT1. (No insurance and its parked until it's sold.)

Since I have no specs on the GSR except the supercharger and exhaust I am not going to ask about that one. All I know is the Integra pulled the 05 GTO with 4 guys in it. (It didn't look by much though)

Either way I am going out this weekend with the LS1 and I am gonna get my buddy to bring his camera.
which car had the 4 guys in it? if it was the gto and the integra only beat him by alitttle, the gto with just the driver would walk all over that integra. i can really feel the difference when i have 4 people in my gto, plu i weight 215lbs anyway, but i've raced a 2000 z28 and beat him, i also raced a c5 vette, from a dig he got the jump 1/2 a car, by the end of 1st i was at his door, by the end of 2nd i was at his tire pulling, i missed 3rd and lost had i not missed 3rd i would have taken him
Old 06-15-2005, 07:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Keep in mind the GTO had 4 guys sitting in it so around 400 pounds was added on to the driver/car weight.
if there were 4 guys sitting in my GTO that only weighed 400 pounds all together i would kick all their asses at once...men weigh a little more than a hundred pounds a piece...so a guess of 150 lbs per guy = 600 extra pounds the GTO gets to haul around. thats like challenging a guy to a race and then going and hooking up a U-Haul trailer to your car
Old 06-15-2005, 07:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very possible. Buddy of mine with a GSR, turbo, internal work, and whole bunch of other mods runs high 11's.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:20 PM
Banned

yeah its possible, but the gto with 4 people in it, and the gsr barely beat him, the gto less 3 people should walk him
Old 06-15-2005, 10:02 PM
10 Second Club

I plan on taking it to the dyno pretty soon, but from what I have seen with similar mods 360-380 RWHP?
I hope you pull great numbers from the dyno, but I don't think you'll see that much HP. I have H/C and all kinds of other goodies. I have stock exhaust manifolds though. My car, N/A dyno'd 383rwhp. Long tubes should put me over 400rwhp!
Old 06-15-2005, 11:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 98SuperSport
if there were 4 guys sitting in my GTO that only weighed 400 pounds all together i would kick all their asses at once...men weigh a little more than a hundred pounds a piece...so a guess of 150 lbs per guy = 600 extra pounds the GTO gets to haul around. thats like challenging a guy to a race and then going and hooking up a U-Haul trailer to your car
By 400 I meant plus the driver. The car is always going to have one person so that's not really extra weight. But 400 pounds out of three guys is pretty low, I don't know what I was thinking.

They looked pretty skinny though, when they got out the car.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:07 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 00Vette
I hope you pull great numbers from the dyno, but I don't think you'll see that much HP. I have H/C and all kinds of other goodies. I have stock exhaust manifolds though. My car, N/A dyno'd 383rwhp. Long tubes should put me over 400rwhp!
Yeah I have been looking around everyone's sigs trying to get a rough estimate of what it's puttin down. When I get the motivation I'll take it to get dynoed. I hear hot weather zaps power so I probably goning to wait until fall or at least a cold front. It hot as hell down herrr!!!

Anymore GTO info people. I'm going to hunt that guy down in the GTO too and see what happens.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:19 AM
TECH Junkie

A lot of dealers started putting the '05 hoods on some of the later moving '04 model's in an effort to get them to sell.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:23 AM
10 Second Club

The GSR probably had a Jackson Racing Supercharger and all the bolt ons, which is good for mid- low 13's.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:58 AM
TECH Regular

Just a little bit huh?

Yeah, just a little, now it'd be about 15 cars. I guess I'll have to redo my sig soon.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:50 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
The GSR probably had a Jackson Racing Supercharger and all the bolt ons, which is good for mid- low 13's.
That jives with what I saw on sat then. 05 GTO's are supposed to put down 13 sec quarters right, so with 4 guys in one that would put them in the mid or high 13's I guess if not higher, and it looked like the Integra put half a car on him. I think I feel confident enough to place a friendly bet. He is cocky enough to take one. I am going to see if I can get this on camera.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:52 AM
Launching!

Yeah, just a little, now it'd be about 15 cars. I guess I'll have to redo my sig soon.
Yeah speaking of sigs, I hope mine will read STS Turbo kit and 8 PSI within the near future.