Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Guys in vettes. So sad

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 04:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Guys in vettes. So sad

What is it with guys in vettes? Today on my way into work I'm cruising along, well what do ya know up the on ramp like a special ordered dinner pulls a beautiful red c5. I notice the plates "1badc5" so im like ok, it is so on. Guy merges into traffic with no drama and gets in line behind me. I'm approaching my work exit he follows me off. As i'm commin up on the light where I turn for work it changes to yellow like it was meant to be. He lines up next to me. His sounded bone stock. then again I might have a hard time hearing anything over my lopey idle. Light changes to green I roll out in first give it a little stab to say lets go you bad c5 ... and nothing. This was as good as it gets race wise, no traffic, no cops, near perfect hp air and he just rolls along. so I left him for a quick u-turn to get to work, and gave him a big thumbs down. vette owners I guess they are the baddest thing on the road so no need to prove it? Before I get flammed I do know of a few cool vette guys but honestly they are the exception to the rule.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:13 PM
On The Tree

Just because he has a plate that says "1badc5", that automatically means he wants to race every damn car he comes across? What a leeroy...
Old 09-09-2005, 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know what you mean. I like the guys who are enthusiasts, but a lot of guys drive them for the "status". And no matter what you drive, unless it cost as much as theirs, they will always give you the thumbs down. And to that group of corvette owners, I say
Old 09-09-2005, 04:27 PM
11 Second Club

i have run into that before too...its not cool to want to race every damn car you get next to, but it always seems like the vette guys want nothing of it. maybe they are older and have more tickets already...
Old 09-09-2005, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

You guys are right about the fact that they don't have to race everything that comes up... Not everyone is like some of the people here What pisses me off is that he gave a "thumbs down"...That's not cool at all.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:41 PM
Staging Lane

It's really not about wanting to race "every damn car u get next to" But you tell me you line up with a worthy opponent on the street in a near perfect situation. Do you go? I think most would atleast play around a little bit. I'm not lookin to run it up to 120 on the street but damn a little fun here please.. lol
Old 09-09-2005, 04:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by monicaz28
You guys are right about the fact that they don't have to race everything that comes up... Not everyone is like some of the people here What pisses me off is that he gave a "thumbs down"...That's not cool at all.
I gave him the thumbs down deservingly so
Old 09-09-2005, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn elitest ******.. w/ their vettes.. lol i call it my gm tupperware car.

honestly though i've had a few times where people are trying to race me and i just don't feel like it.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh, ok, I thought it was the other way around and that really pissed me off...And yes, he did deserve it...He should change his plates to VETPUS
Old 09-09-2005, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

or maybe c5PUSS
Old 09-09-2005, 07:55 PM
On The Tree

you gave someone the thumbs down because they didn't want to street race?
Old 09-09-2005, 08:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LS1FC3
you gave someone the thumbs down because they didn't want to street race?
Not exactly but kinda yea. Actually the fellow got the thumbs down for being a poser steriotypical vette owner. 1badc5 driven like a little old lady. maybe he should buy a civic then he would feel more at home.
I wonder what the percentage is of corvettes that are bought and never have the gas pedal pushed all the way to the floor? It is just ... sad
Old 09-09-2005, 08:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by InsomZ
damn elitest ******.. w/ their vettes.. lol i call it my gm tupperware car.

honestly though i've had a few times where people are trying to race me and i just don't feel like it.
i do understand that, and driving a vette you probably get more fools that really have no business attemptiing to race. But when the opportunity presents itself against a worthy opponent... Game on
Old 09-09-2005, 09:20 PM
Teching In

If you ever come on down to South Jersey, just look for a red C5 with "DEVIANT" on the plates. I'll be happy to play with ya!
The thumbs down was way uncool though. I'm almost always happy to do a little street run if the other guy isn't driving like a smack, but there are times when I don't feel like racing. Now if somone with the need to prove themselves against a vette gives me a thumbs down cause I didn't want to race, well they would get a big .
Not all vette guys have that "vettetude", we're all gearheads, even the import crowd(some of them).

Doug
Old 09-09-2005, 11:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ibepressin
i do understand that, and driving a vette you probably get more fools that really have no business attemptiing to race. But when the opportunity presents itself against a worthy opponent... Game on
I get a ton of fools trying to race me. But when the opportunity comes about like you said game on Nothing better than blowing someones doors off !
Old 09-10-2005, 11:49 AM
TECH Addict

I get it around here alot, i've even had a few slow to 40mph, 40MPH on the freeway trying to avoid a race. I've had two do that to me. I sucks but what r u gonna do, just keep looking for the next guy i guess.
Old 09-10-2005, 06:13 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

As far as you know his C5 could've made 800rwhp and he considered you a waste of gas.
Old 09-10-2005, 06:45 PM
TECH Addict

True, but i'd have gone just to see it go in that case. Good point though, never thought of it like that.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:43 PM
AOC
TECH Regular

I guess I need to start a thread about some dumbass F-Body driver trying to race me in a heavy traffic and then start lumping bunch of F-body owners as being dumbasses. I guess after he got tired of goosing his car for about a mile, he took off weaving in and out of traffic to show his mad driving skills.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:25 PM
11 Second Club

ya know ive only had 1 C5 race me and 6 others that have pussed out. if its meant to be its meant to be. hell ive had 2 blantly blown red lights to avoid lineing up with me, one was a z06. and the one i did get to race me lost, but he gave me a big *** thumbs up im with u the steriotypical vette owner... its like what others have said, just look for another one to run it could be worse i could be 1win and 5 losses to vettes. just look for the next one