Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Who would win???

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 01:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who would win???

Not sure if this is the right forum but here goes. Some girl at my work called me out and says she'll walk my Camaro. She said Camaros are pretty slow and have no real power and kept going on and on. I called BS but she kept going on and on so i let her talk she sounded pretty confident I guess she thinks she has the fastest car on the street. I basically said lets run them but she says she has to get her brakes fixed first. She has a 1970 Dodge Dart with a 340 auto, with duals thats alls I know. It looks like a piece and sounds like it to. My cars in sig so do I have anything to worry about or will I be able to bring her to reality and beat her. I have no Idea about these cars except for they were suppose to be pretty light compared to other cars of their time.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:09 AM
roy
TECH Resident

In all seriousness , unless you do race her and win , you will be forever
Old 10-11-2005, 02:13 AM
Teching In

When it comes to old school muscle, it's a craps shoot. I've seen fully restored big-block 60s muscle cars run 14s and primered rust buckets pull off 11s. There really is no telling. She may be confident for a reason. Only one way to find out . Good luck.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:27 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if it is stock or mostly stock you will pull her from the start to finish
Old 10-11-2005, 05:05 AM
TECH Regular

If she's stock she dosent stand a chance.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I agree with the others here.

Although, if you think it's had some serious work there is a little bit you can do to setup a win.

She says you car is slow, well propose to race from a high speed then, if here car can muster it???

Say 80-90mph start, it sounds extreme. But remember those old timers usually had 4 speed manuals and 3 speed autos. If it's geared for the 1/4 mile then it'll top out at anywhere from 110-125mph.

Most might be modded to make big power, but few update the transmission.

Your car should fly up to 150mph+.

Probably best not to do this on the public road mind.

Try from a dig 1st, but this is always an option. Play to the cars strenghts.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:21 AM
Teching In

Depends if she has cheater slicks or not. If she's on normal street tires those old cars had tiny 15s on them and she'll be spinning by the time you crack 2nd off. If she can hook and has some work it may be a decent race, but those things are relatively heavy even compared to our cars. Either way, quit worrying and just do it!
Old 10-11-2005, 08:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

So, @ what point, "when a chick starts rambling on about nothing", are we actually listening? Are you kidding me...............OMG? Maybe you & that other guy who got psyched out by the Lancer chick can get together for counseling or maybe just to have tea. If it's not obvious, that last comment was a joke. Anyway, you will own her.....period!
Old 10-11-2005, 08:37 AM
11 Second Club

you will win...a buddy of mine has 4 darts....they are all slow lol...altho he has a race car with a 605 hemi in it putting down 1300hp plus
Old 10-11-2005, 10:42 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 340 Dart will not prevail...Man, you should shut her down. If she is stock, NO WAY she will beat you. If she is modded and running slicks, keep your $$ in your pocket. And the "lets start at 90mph so I can run from my strong point and her tranny will run out of gear..." wtf??? This is a GM website, NOT a Honda website.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:54 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Stanger88
The 340 Dart will not prevail...Man, you should shut her down. If she is stock, NO WAY she will beat you. If she is modded and running slicks, keep your $$ in your pocket. And the "lets start at 90mph so I can run from my strong point and her tranny will run out of gear..." wtf??? This is a GM website, NOT a Honda website.
nah, it's just playing to a cars strenght.

If that Dart is modded, big time, running ludicrus gears it could be a fast motor over the 1/8 and even the 1/4, but there's no way it will run fast up top.

And since when have Honda's been great at 150mph?
Old 10-11-2005, 11:01 AM
Banned

S2000 has a top speed of 146 mph stock according to honda's test data...(just to be an ***) anyways, I guess you are right...I suppose, well, now i have my excuse to run my friends 2.73 A4 LS1 from 40mph roll. After all, I should play to my strength But at any rate, if you had to beat her like that, it wouldnt make you feel good, simply because you would still know she could rape you 6 ways from sunday at the track and thats never a good feeling, because when you get down to it, the ET slips are the only REAL proof of whats in the pudding. Just my humble opinion
Old 10-11-2005, 11:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

what the hell is up with all these chicks wanting to race now a days. . like they said in the last thread race her for dinner . . unless a girl come up to me with a crazly modded car its nothing to even think bout just do it for kicks. . if u lose more reason to talk to her. .
Old 10-11-2005, 11:18 AM
Launching!

Default Dodge Dart

You never know you better take her serious there is a blue 340 Dodge Duster automatic running around here that runs 13.20s or better slipping and sliding on skinny ply radials . Car looks like total resto pop the hood and looks stock right down to the air cleaner. Could go either way.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:24 AM
TECH Addict

S2000 has a top speed of 146 mph stock according to honda's test data...(just to be an ***) anyways, I guess you are right...I suppose, well, now i have my excuse to run my friends 2.73 A4 LS1 from 40mph roll. After all, I should play to my strength But at any rate, if you had to beat her like that, it wouldnt make you feel good, simply because you would still know she could rape you 6 ways from sunday at the track and thats never a good feeling, because when you get down to it, the ET slips are the only REAL proof of whats in the pudding. Just my humble opinion
I know what you mean.
If you win, you want to win fairly. But sometimes you need to set the stage a little in your odds if you have a point to prove.

It's like I'd race ANY Fbody on this site, and probably beat all of them using only 120bhp of turbocharged diesel power. All you do is set the bet let them name the day and you'll name the location.

Totally fair and above board.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:15 PM
Banned

Yeah, the F250 at the dealership i worked at would pull everyone one of the F and Y bodies on this site, just at 18" of mud to the equation, but better yet, a man on a bicycle with a crossbow and an affinity for tires would be a mean opponent in a race as well, come on buffman, it can only be slanted TO A POINT,lol
Old 10-11-2005, 02:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by flash12t
what the hell is up with all these chicks wanting to race now a days. . like they said in the last thread race her for dinner . . unless a girl come up to me with a crazly modded car its nothing to even think bout just do it for kicks. . if u lose more reason to talk to her. .
Old 10-11-2005, 02:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

S2000 has a top speed of 146 mph stock according to honda's test data...(just to be an ***)

I personally don't classify an s2000 as a "Honda" in the same way that Honda is code for "ricer." In other words, & would hope that most people realize that, when boosted, the combo of light weight, & having the capacity to make HP to 9000 RPM, makes the s2000 a challenger if overlooked as common rice. Yeah, even boosted she doesn't make a lot of torque, but, makes enough to compliment the HP w/ no passenger.

Don't get me wrong. Love to see 'em get beat, but, when boosted they can be a problem for bolt on LS1's.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:03 PM
On The Tree

my friend has a dart ('74 i think) with a 360 with headers, edlebrock intake, and a mild cam and the guy he bought it from said it ran 9.20's in the 1/8. i've driven it and really don't think it would go that fast. he hasn't raced it yet. you can prolly take it, hell you got called out by a girl, you pretty much have to race now! no offense to girls with muscle cars (nothing is better than a hot chick in a bad *** car!)
Old 10-11-2005, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

Alright she says we can probably set something up this weekend. Im assuming its pretty much stock it has some skinny 15" tires in the rear. Ill keep u guys update, I just want to bring her ego back down becuase she was talking so much smack the rest of the day.