Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

02lightning,04gto,03G35 go down

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 02:43 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 02lightning,04gto,03G35 go down

Well guys it has been a long time since I have posted here so it will be a long one details at end. My night started out off with my girlfriend getting sick with mono and not being able to come out tonight, so I went to my family party all dressed up and after a little while invited my good friend out. After the party my friend was tired and wanted to call it an early night I said o.k. and tried my other good friend but he and his fiancee were tired from the NY Ranger game and also called it an early night. I then went to another friends spot where she worked and by the time I arrived she had already made plans with her other girlfriends, so couldn't hang out with her. So here I am with my WS6 in great condition and a still pretty early saturday night for me. I decided to go to the local cruise spot that I have not been to since late July. I told my girlfriend who doesn't like racing cars that I would stop I told my friends that as well and I also stopped because of my career . I went anyway and the first thing I run into is a punk rich kid in a stone stock grey Infiniti G35 sedan wanting to test my t/a. So I slowed to about 35 and so did he and we both nailed it and I walked him up to about 80 by about 3cars, I got my adrenaline rush again, by the way first run in the t/a since june. So I continued cruising around and found a red 04ish lightning who also wanted a shot. We get a light and go but I messed up and spun to hard(still excited from the 1st g35 run) and had to play catch up because he had 2 car lenghts on me. I hook and catch his bumper by about 65ish but we both let off due to traffic. I see him turning around and I was going straight to the drag spot, I honked and motioned to him to follow me. He did and on the way there we did a top speed run starting at about 65-70 and went up to 130ish.(hard to look at the speedo when the road is whizzing by) he jumped out first 1 car length and then I wheeled him in and passed him by 115ish. I tell him to follow me and we go to the marked 1/4 mile spot. He has me count off and we go I reved my auto to 1500 and then hit the gas slowly spun, lifted and then nailed it again and hooked good we were tied by about 55-60 and then I started pulling on him and had him by about 3-4 cars by the end. We slowed down and he said nice car and what a topend since I passed him earlier I replied thanx but with my converter and gears it isn't exactly a highway bruiser. Adrenaline was high now and I could not stop shaking from the rush. I then with my big ego kept on cruising never stopping and shutting it off found a yellow with black stripes ls2 GTO 6spd to play with. He conned me into a 25 rolling start and anyone with a 4l60e can tell you that at that speed in a stone stock fbody the tranny is in 4th but when you floor it the tranny kicks down to 1st and you loose traction instantly, now with a converter,gears and a cold street Yeah you could say I lost my traction and the car went sideways I stayed in it and brought it back but the gto was long gone. Damn. . I then decided to go and b.s. with my friends about my night and give my car a break. After about an hour another friend pulls in with a 18k mile 04 ls1 m6 gto and asks me if I wanted to run. Of course I do so we did I went to a different spot and he had a mutual friend flag it off for us I engaged my line lock and did a beautiful burnout and lined up. He did a burnout as well and lined up. The flagman did a good job and I launced very good and was out on the goat by about 1/2 car and then I see him fade back hard in my rearview when he missed 3rd so we slow down and come back to run again. Same deal with me revved up to 4500 with the linelock on and then staged he did another burnout and lined up. I revved up to about 2k(thinking it did great the first time lets go higher )bad idea. I slowly layed in to her and then nailed it and the tires let go at about 30ish for about 20ft. then hooked but he didn't pass me and was at my door the first 100ft. then once I hit top of 2nd he was gone and by the big end I had about 4cars on him . Good racing tonight. Remember what a girl doesn't know won't kill her and Streetracing/Racing in general is like a drug everyonce in a while you need a fix and if you try and quit cold turkey it is tough and when you come back it is that much better.
To sum up I beat a 2003 Infiniti G35 sedan from a roll. A 2003ish red Ford lightning topend and 1/4. Got D*cked around with by an 05 ls2 GTO and then finally beat a 2004 m6 ls1 stock GTO in the 1/4. For all of those that read it thank you very much.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:46 AM
Launching!

heres a pic for you all at least.
Attached Thumbnails 02lightning,04gto,03G35 go down-pict0019.jpg  
Old 11-13-2005, 05:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Nice kills man.
Very civil of you to give the goat another chance after he missed the shift.
Lot of people wouldn't have done that.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

nice races man. How do you find so much action? I live in a pretty big city and I don't see that many nice cars around. Even if I did I wouldn't race em in my current car, but I'm hoping they'll start popping up more often when I get my LS1.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:53 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why didn't you manually shift down to 1st before the race started, then ease on the throttle against the LS2?
Old 11-13-2005, 04:47 PM
Launching!

because with my converter and shift kit I would have nailed the rev limiter because there is also a delay in the new autos unlike the autos of the past where you can do that and it would shift exactly where you want it but todays autos there is a delay.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:59 PM
9 Second Club

Well told races man,I totally understand about stopping completly thing you got to slowly do it.Then forget about and just race lol.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:05 PM
Staging Lane

Just curious...you said the lighting was a 2004ish meaning the new f150 body style?? if it was they havent made a lighting with that body style...just curous if it was the old body style or new one that someone put lighting badging on....

good kills..
Old 11-13-2005, 09:09 PM
Launching!

ahh sorry not that up to date on lightnings but the most recent style with the exhaust out the side it was cool looking my friend had one maybe it was a 2000ish or something like that my bad..
Old 11-13-2005, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice Kills! Wish I could get that much action 'round here!!!