Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

funny kill.....05 cobalt ls vs. taurus SHO

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 11:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default funny kill.....05 cobalt ls vs. taurus SHO

So I was driving my girlfriends car home and this guy in like a 95' SHO decides its going to be cool and act like he has a fast car and cut me off. Just aggravating because he was a wigger and driving a ford, so I blow past him on the on ramp pull in front of him. He decides he wants to play race car driver, I pull into the fast lane and wont let him pass, he decides to go three lanes over and then cut across traffic to try and get in front of me, so I gun it, going 110 in a Cobalt and he really isnt doing a very good job of driving his POS SHO, needless to say he cant catch up. I pull up next to him a bridge, honk and wave, he tries to catch up but still cant......I just thought this was humorous an auto Cobalt with nothing done to it and this tool couldn't even keep up.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i had an 89' SHO MTX and that thing killed a few grand prix GTP's. but most people let those cars go to **** and run like ***. plus the later years seemed to get slower even with the extra hp. nice kill none the less . nothing is better than putting some cocky *** wipe in his place
Old 12-09-2005, 12:58 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate dumb ***** that try to pull that crap. Some dumb piece of **** in a v6 99-04 "Buzzed" my 5.0 one night on the freeway, missed me by 6" or so and honked like a gay bumble bee. If they had pulled into a service station i swear i would have pulled in after them and put them in a coma.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kws87
So I was driving my girlfriends car home and this guy in like a 95' SHO decides its going to be cool and act like he has a fast car and cut me off. Just aggravating because he was a wigger and driving a ford, so I blow past him on the on ramp pull in front of him. He decides he wants to play race car driver, I pull into the fast lane and wont let him pass, he decides to go three lanes over and then cut across traffic to try and get in front of me, so I gun it, going 110 in a Cobalt and he really isnt doing a very good job of driving his POS SHO, needless to say he cant catch up. I pull up next to him a bridge, honk and wave, he tries to catch up but still cant......I just thought this was humorous an auto Cobalt with nothing done to it and this tool couldn't even keep up.
I'm driving a rental cobalt right now since I'm at C-17 instructor pilot school right now and far away from home. Let's just say that the cobalt is the last car I'd ever buy. It has a few nice features for an economy class car, but performance is not it's strong point. Let's just say I'm used to a couple more horsepower. The cobalt is a real turd, not that I'd call a SHO a hotrod either for that matter.

Lance
Old 12-09-2005, 02:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice kill, I had a 95 taurus sho mtx and it moved real well, im sure plenty good enough to beat a cobalt. Im with you transam89, most people let them fall apart and if not kept up they run like ****. Either way good kill on that punk.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol thats pretty funny
Old 12-10-2005, 09:50 AM
Launching!

Yeah in thier day the SHOs were one of the fastest four doros you could get at the time, besting the Europeans and Japanese. In no way are they hot rods, they're just hot rod Tauri. Well maintained they click off 60 in mid 6 seconds and usually run a low 15 1/4. That is for the 5 speed- in 1993 they started producing an automatic model that was low 7 seconds to 60 and higher 15s 1/4. IMO - Ive owned both the auto and stick version- the stick is much mroe fun and allows you to take mroe advantage of the 220hp Yamaha (yes yahama build) DOHC V6.

As others have said, alot of people let these cars go to ****, so an unmaintained automatic sounds like the culprit in this story. A well maintained manual is a better competition for the Cobalt SS, not the LS.

BTW,I plan on selling the one I have now (1991 Manual with 70K) along with my Jeep (2003 Wrangler) and getting an LS1 in the springtime...been lurking for months and not trying to troll at all with this post.