Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Beat a loud, lowered LS1 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 11:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Beat a loud, lowered LS1 Camaro

On my way home from going to dispute a Pub overcharging my credit card by $100.00 - I decided to travel a popular road for cruising & racing. Many people have been busted & thrown in Jail for Drag Racing on this particular road.

Anyway, looking for anyone wanting to run - I noticed a set of Camaro headlights quickly approaching in my rear view. They did the drive by with a goose of the gas, and then had to slow down due to traffic. I sped up to pass traffic in the next lane, I changed lanes, giving my little hawk the gas and basically got my car sideways to show I wanted to play. They came by me again and basicaly deaf'nd me with their exhaust. This Car was loud. Looked to have the SLP Modular Loud Mouth exhaust - motor sounded good - I thought to have more than mine. I said give me till February when I have the Heads, Cam, Intake & TB. They hit their gas again. I drove up and noticed traffic was beginning to clear enough. There was some idiot to my right yelling at us for racing. I said hit it. They did, I did and guess what? I jumped about 1/2 cars out in front, slammed 2nd, 3rd kept my lead and began to pull. Threw it into 4th and then figured it was over. They came by and the guy in the passenger seat was giving the signs of too much spinning.
I said, yeah me too.

IMO - my car is not that fast. I figure high 12's on my best run. It sure is fun killing every loud car out there - makes me really think I don't want the electric cut out when I complete the major engine build.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good kill. i know i love my cutout, but it sounds like the car should run 10's with the noise it makes- and it doesn't
Old 12-24-2005, 02:22 PM
12 Second Club

Nice kill Jim.
Originally Posted by Y2kHawk05
They came by and the guy in the passenger seat was giving the signs of too much spinning.
Of course that's what the loser always says!
Old 12-24-2005, 03:30 PM
10 Second Club

Our car is loud. TR224 through Pacesetters, ORY, and cutout; but definately is not the fastest in our area... Totally possible.

As a side note though, with street tires, even from a roll, we definately have traction issues.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

where at in Spring? I'm cypresswood/45 area.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:01 PM
TECH Resident

sigh... my car is really loud ORY Borla and i usually run my cut out wide open...be at the same times its not that "fast" compared to most of the cars on here...i just like to be loud and for people to hear me coming...the cops in that area are dicks about racing and what not...i live right off 45 and sawdust
Old 12-28-2005, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

Spring Cypress & Champions Forest area, but currently having to stay in the Spring Branch area to take care of my dad. He has Lou Gehrig's disease and is in very poor health. My life isn't too much fun right now.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by blu98ta
Nice kill Jim.

Of course that's what the loser always says!
Thanks bro! And agreed on what is always said. Can't wait for the HPE heads, 238/244 cam, 90/90 intake/throttle body.

Have the Z's engine pulled and on a stand. Talked to Summit today to order parts. Hilarious that no one is really carrying parts for the 93 LT1 engines anymore. Want to get it back together as cost effective as possible to get the Firehawk to HPE for major engine improvements.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:28 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks bro! And agreed on what is always said. Can't wait for the HPE heads, 238/244 cam, 90/90 intake/throttle body.

Have the Z's engine pulled and on a stand. Talked to Summit today to order parts. Hilarious that no one is really carrying parts for the 93 LT1 engines anymore. Want to get it back together as cost effective as possible to get the Firehawk to HPE for major engine improvements.
Damn man, I was gonna ask you what you had planned for the hawk. You mean business! You HAVE to give me a ride when that is done.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

nice run...that setup your about to put in will be damn potent!
ABout the car you raced...think he was running open y-pipe? lol
Old 01-04-2006, 05:03 PM
On The Tree

"Damn man, I was gonna ask you what you had planned for the hawk. You mean business! You HAVE to give me a ride when that is done."

Of course I'm going to give you a ride. And yes, I mean business. I'm $500 or so away from having the complete cash for the Z repair & Hawk build. Hope to have the $$$ by end of Jan and by end of Feb for sure. Barring no surprises.

"nice run...that setup your about to put in will be damn potent!
ABout the car you raced...think he was running open y-pipe? lol"

Thanks and lol on the open y. I'm hoping for potent & performance. Talk about respectable numbers 442hp/424tq and being your old numbers. Will you share what mods got you there?
Old 01-06-2006, 03:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks and lol on the open y. I'm hoping for potent & performance. Talk about respectable numbers 442hp/424tq and being your old numbers. Will you share what mods got you there?
I'm sure you will get what you want out of it Maybe more.

My old setup was a stock '01 motor...with a d1sc procharger...threw maniolds cats, and a hooker catback. With Lt's/orp i put down 462/460.
But i sold the charger and have a mean setup waiting to go in my '87 GTA.
The car should weight around 3050/3150 lbs and be around the mid 400's on motor, and 6xx on spray. Nothing to special..but because of the car it is and the weight it will be a blast.
Anyways ....have fun with the new setup and be safe on the street.