Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

One pathetic race & Kill of a 99 to 03 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 12:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default One pathetic race & Kill of a 99 to 03 Mustang GT

Last night I went to my buddy Brandon's house to show him my 93 Z was finally running. Although extremely slow in comparison to my Firehawk, Brandon & I were laughing somewhat about it. I made the comment that even as slow as the car is, I had never lost to a mustang. We were out test driving the car had entered a freeway and then got off to go through a u turn. Just about a minute later an 99 to 03 Mustang GT with Saleen stripes comes by and gives a rev. He was about 2 1/2 car lengths out in front of us. I was still in first gear and decided what the hell. I hit the gas. The driver of the Mustang hit the gas too. Keep in mind he started about 2 1/2 car lengths ahead of us. First gear, I began to climb, slammed 2nd - still catching up to him, Slammed 3rd gear and actually scratched the 315 X 35 X 17's - Passed the mustang as I shifted to 4th. Once I had won the race I let off and the Mustang came flying by doing the ricer drive by rev thing again. Brandon and I laughed our butts off. My 93 Z is soooooo slow. We thought the race took forever and continued to laugh hysterically. I told Brandon I needed to change my sig stating the 93 Z is "Currently Running". He suggested a ticker in my sig of "Currently Running" or "Currently Broken". The story gets even better as I go out this morning to take my car to my bro-n-laws house to recharge the AC System. My 93 Z won't start. Coughing & gasping, black smoke coming out of the tail pipe and One huge back fire louder than any gun I've ever heard. The car ran smooth for a couple days and now it's back to being "Currently Broken". My 93 Z is strictly a "Bolt on" car with no cat's & flowmaster exhaust. Has the Air Foil, Cheap Kone Air Filter & Air Induction system, a pully, Jacobs Coil & taylor wires. And I almost forgot a Hypertech Stage 2 Drag Chip. Has 91 ZR1 Wheels with 315's in back and 285's up front.

Last edited by Y2kHawk05; 05-29-2006 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Correcting the title
Old 05-29-2006, 03:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh my god that race was sooooooooooo slow. I could see that we were reeling him in, which sucks even more for the mustang driver. From what I could tell the mustang had exhaust as it was pretty loud. That was so awesome. HAHAHA I laughed my *** off for hours afterwards. I still am now.