Search

Street Racing & Kill Stories
Basic Technical Questions & Advice

my 1st death to rice

Old 08-20-2006, 06:27 AM   #1
TECH Addict

Trader Rating: 3
Default my 1st death to rice

it finally happened, well i went on a lil road trip yesterday with my bud to buy his new 94 firebird and came across a nasty STI on the highway. this was my 1st time racing at highway speeds too, its always from a stop around my area since the highway here is a joke and 50mph is speeding. so he saw me coming and slowed down, we got side to side and checked each others car out, right away i had a feeling i was about to get tooled on, almost every panel on his car was carbon fiber, his exhaust was almost as loud as mine and his BOV was a really loud mother ******! so were traveling around 70mph and he tries to tell us somin but we cant hear each other then he hits it so i reacted fast i could and downshifted into....4th should of ben in 3rd really so he pulled about 3-4 cars on me and shut down. i pulled along side him again hoping to get another shot but the traffic up ahead wouldnt allow it so we did a few 1 gear pulls and when i had it in 3rd he wasnt pulling to hard on me. the guy seemed pretty cool, wasnt a snob about it and had a big smile on checking out my car, but def some rich kid, when i asked what he had done all he said was everything...and then he took the next exit it was sweet finally coming across a sick import tho, and with all the talk i thought i was going to get DESTROYED.. but it didnt walk me, im not to far behind one, next round of mods and i bet il take that guy down.. too bad theres none around me
z_speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 06:53 AM   #2
Teching In

Trader Rating: 0

How is it rice then if you said it was a sick import and it beat you???
RED04Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 08:12 AM   #3
Teching In

yeah, i would call him a tuner rather than a ricer...

99 Camaro z28 slp lid, and a cutout
JoKeRz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 10:04 AM   #4
TECH Enthusiast

yeah, not all imports are rice. I have respect for many, especially Evos.

Any predictions on how you would've done in 3rd gear?
Old 08-20-2006, 12:40 PM   #5
Staging Lane

Trader Rating: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED04Z06
How is it rice then if you said it was a sick import and it beat you???
Back in older days, ANY import was considered "rice". A stock import was still rice. So even today a lot of people call ANY import rice. And some use it ads a term explaining what a import car or even a domestic has on it, mods that don't make the car faster.
LSINA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 01:29 PM   #6
TECH Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7
Send a message via AIM to GMmexican

everything was carbon fiber?
Old 08-20-2006, 06:21 PM   #7
TECH Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12
Send a message via AIM to presto_z Send a message via MSN to presto_z

there are only a few imports i would like to own... and an sti is one of them....
presto_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 11:04 PM   #8
TECH Resident

all imports suck !!!!!!!
Old 08-21-2006, 12:19 AM   #9
12 Second Club

Trader Rating: 1

Good loss. Better that you ran him from a roll then a dig. I've heard those STi's out 60' Evos pretty bad, and most other AWD cars, let alone cars that aren't stalled or geared and on drag radials.
GM Hot Cam, Patriot 243 Heads, SLP Flow Pac, LS6 Intake Manifold, SLP Long Tube Headers, Y Pipe, Innovative Wideband 02, HP Dyno Tuned, Lucas 43lbs. Injectors, TBCB, 4.10 gearing, Spohn Lower Control Arms, Subframe Connectors, Ebay Strut Tower Brace 408whp/390wtq
Denom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 08:24 AM   #10
TECH Addict

Trader Rating: 3

lol wow you guys are technical about your 'rice' and 'tuners'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denom
Good loss. Better that you ran him from a roll then a dig. I've heard those STi's out 60' Evos pretty bad, and most other AWD cars, let alone cars that aren't stalled or geared and on drag radials.
yeah im sure it only would of ben worse from a dig but thats what im used to, im hardly ever TRAVELING above 50mph so i was having trouble figuring out which gear to dump it in to, if i had put it in 3rd tho im confident i would of ben just off his bumper the whole way, and if we did 3 honks instead of him getting the jump who knows ? most his panels was carbon fiber tho, i would of liked to get a closer look at it, but it looked like every thing but his roof and A & B pillars were CF. those STI coffee cans sure do hurt ground clearence tho huh, def wasnt expecting it to be as loud as it was
z_speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 08:32 AM   #11
Teching In

Quote:
Originally Posted by z_speedfreak
yeah im sure it only would of ben worse from a dig but thats what im used to, im hardly ever TRAVELING above 50mph so i was having trouble figuring out which gear to dump it in to, if i had put it in 3rd tho im confident i would of ben just off his bumper the whole way, and if we did 3 honks instead of him getting the jump who knows ? most his panels was carbon fiber tho, i would of liked to get a closer look at it, but it looked like every thing but his roof and A & B pillars were CF. those STI coffee cans sure do hurt ground clearence tho huh, def wasnt expecting it to be as loud as it was
I know what you mean about gear hunting while rolling. Best bet is to max out each gear and make a mental note of the mph for a referance.

Anywho nice run.
WRX-ERROR is offline   Reply With Quote