Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

well finally raced the Audi..

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 12:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default well finally raced the Audi..

Turns out it was the A3.. the weird hatchback soccer mom looking thing, apparently this guy totally over-estimates his car, before the race i was talking to my friend that kind of knows him.. not friends but they're friendly if u know what i mean. He was like this guy thinks his car is a monster.. you'll rip him.. and my friend has decent knowledge of cars so it made me feel a little better. He was the one that suggested it be for money and his car is BONE stock.. not even the "S" or "Race" version whatever Audi calls it.. not sure. SO the race..

His car is stick with AWD so off the line he did have me.. (this is from a dig).. he immediatly pulls about a car length on me.. but thattt was it for himm. i pulled on him so hard, hard enough to do the "look" before you blow by them... like a little hi how are ya, your cars slow deal.. all i saw out of my rearview were headlights getting further and further.. we ran 1 more time.. he said he didnt wanna bet but he wants another race.. did it one more time.. same results.

Turns out i knew his gf she was on the side of the road.. we went to high school together.. so i didnt want to be an ignorant bastard after the win lol.. i was like ya dude your car is tight, gave him a fake compliment you know took my money and left.. but i will admit I WAS A ***** lol..

i over-estimated this car hard, maybe even under-estimated our LS1's.. thx for the info guys and take care.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:13 AM
On The Tree

good kill. never under estimate the LS1...AWD will kill you off the line about every time (unless your sportin slicks) but you'll pull eventually...just depends at what speed you start pulling whether it be at 10mph or 100mph. Either way nice kill next Audi like that you come across you'll know to smoke em for breakfast
Old 11-27-2006, 12:29 AM
On The Tree

good kill man....now lets just pray its the same when i run the APR stage 3 S4 im supposed to run
Old 11-27-2006, 01:54 AM
On The Tree

Default ouch dude the S4 is a bad *** car...

my friend has once decently modded.. they are the freak of the audi cars.. to say they can hold their own is a decent understatement.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:30 AM
Teching In

try racing a rs4 all wheel drive. 400 horses FAST!!
Old 11-27-2006, 10:13 AM
Launching!

Good kill! I had a guy in an Audi trying to race me one day but there were police all over in the area and there was no way I was going to race this guy... but he seemed SOOOOO cocky that he would win.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:08 PM
Launching!

Audis are pretty cool. I wanted the old 2.7TT S4 in the worst way. My pop has a 1.8T and it's a great little motor.

BUT. Audis tend to feel a bit faster than they are because those tiny K03 and K04 turbos hit hard at about 1800. Lots of nice low-end torque and grip means it does fire out of the whole well, which creates this feeling of kicking major ***. So people do get overconfident in them.

APR is the best company for doing electronic mods to them AFAIK. Their stage 3 should make a your average 2.7 S4 pretty quick. But an LS1 will still have more power to the wheels and they are not geared all that aggresively.
Does APR S3 mean K04 turbos? Does it have intake/exhaust work done? If so then maybe you have a great race on your hands. Dont hold back on the launch.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

silly audi's the only ones worth it are those 40k+ ones with turbos n ****
Old 11-27-2006, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

my buddy has a 2.8 A4 that he S/C'd. Thing goes nice off the line then I pull on it like an F1 car on a pinto
Old 11-27-2006, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sparetire
Audis are pretty cool. I wanted the old 2.7TT S4 in the worst way. My pop has a 1.8T and it's a great little motor.

BUT. Audis tend to feel a bit faster than they are because those tiny K03 and K04 turbos hit hard at about 1800. Lots of nice low-end torque and grip means it does fire out of the whole well, which creates this feeling of kicking major ***. So people do get overconfident in them.

APR is the best company for doing electronic mods to them AFAIK. Their stage 3 should make a your average 2.7 S4 pretty quick. But an LS1 will still have more power to the wheels and they are not geared all that aggresively.
Does APR S3 mean K04 turbos? Does it have intake/exhaust work done? If so then maybe you have a great race on your hands. Dont hold back on the launch.

Yea i 100% agree w/ everything you just said.....even the wanting an s4 2.7 Bi-turbo really badly. I used to have an 04 GTI w/ the 1.8t and had the apr 93 octane program and while it was no match for an ls1 it was no walk in the park for an lt1. Good kill......its always nice to show off to girls you used to hang out with when you dont even realize that you are
Old 11-27-2006, 09:54 PM
Staging Lane

True Dat !!!!
Old 11-27-2006, 11:33 PM
Launching!

I test drove an S8 the other day, talk about a beast! It was deceptively smooth, yet got up to speed pretty quickly. It was like 345hp AWD V8. Quite nice. The only problem is it makes you think you're a superhero, because the speedo tells you you're going fast, but you're so dummied down from what's really going on, it's dangerous.

The paddle shift was cute, but I prefer to have my hand on the stick and shift from there. Shifts were pretty crisp and the computer was pretty good about not letting me "hurt" the car.

It was almost as fast as my LS1 stock (heavy car + conservative components = slower). I could see getting one and with a little work beating enough LS1's to think you could take anyone (again, the misguided superhero complex).

The only problem for audi owners is the reality that slaps them in the face when a car that costs half as much walks them with just bolt-ons. Still a nice car though.

As for a hatchback, can't speak to that. Maybe the guy beat some V6 Stangs & Camaros or a Civic or two and thought he was all "Fast and Furious'.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Tainted
silly audi's the only ones worth it are those 40k+ ones with turbos n ****
The base models come with turbos. In fact the NA cars are the more expensive usually. The 1.8T was the base engine and the 2.8 was the upgrade back in the day. Kinda funny really, considering how the 1.8 probably makes more mid-range.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:22 AM
Launching!

The A3's are like the equivalent of civics over here in Germany. But yes, the RS4's, RS6's, and RS8's are freakin monsters.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sparetire
The base models come with turbos. In fact the NA cars are the more expensive usually. The 1.8T was the base engine and the 2.8 was the upgrade back in the day. Kinda funny really, considering how the 1.8 probably makes more mid-range.
The A3 has a 250 Hp 3.2 liter V6, at no point does the 2.0T (200 peak HP) make more power.

But its only a high 14 second car at best.