Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Police intimidation

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 05:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Police intimidation

I didnt know where to post this I hope its not gonna be banned..but earlier today after running some erands I was pulling into the bank of america in my camaro with my system on I have a kicker l7 ...as I pull in I see to to guys staring at me as they approach the door to the bank i was like whatever then one of the guy open up his jacket and moves his hip u know like in the movies when u gotta gun and with his other hand does a thumbs down gesture to me..I was like ? so i ask him what do u want??I stopped pullin up in my car he opens up his jacket again the same way but points at his badge which is next to his gun ..so hes a cop Not in uniform...so i just waved him down u know and found a parkin spot.....i go in the bank and make my depoist and hes standin rite next to me...I was upset about the fact he was tryin to scare me outside so i asked him his name he had already seen me standin next to him..he replies his name and I ask him if he works in town he says "yes"he then says" why are u goin to report me?"I said yes i am hes goes"ok well im gonna write u a ticket then"I asked for what?"so he goes on about my system i told him you where showin me ur gun I say go ahead give me the ticket ...so he leaves and the bank people are like what happenend?so i tell them what had happened outside...so while leavin the bank he was waitin for me by blockin my car in ..asks me for my license and calls a bike cop who wouldnt even listen to me and told me to be quit...the bike cop issues me the ticket and he wasnt even there when this all happened..do you guys think what they did was rite?i gotta ticket for askin his name?dont they have to tell you it if you ask? when i tried to file a complaint and talk to a sargeant he asked me why i asked his name dont i have a right to?i didnt know who else to ask but you guys so please let me know what u think..and what I should do? i guess i got a good kill story today
Old 01-02-2007, 05:30 PM
Teching In

call the local networks
Old 01-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Teching In

yes you have the write when you go to court tell the judge the story and that the cop that wrote you the ticket wasnt even in the area to hear anything and it will be throwed out been there
Old 01-02-2007, 05:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

ya...thats straight BS
Old 01-02-2007, 06:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by stormsracing
yes you have the write when you go to court tell the judge the story and that the cop that wrote you the ticket wasnt even in the area to hear anything and it will be throwed out been there
I just hope you explain it more clearly to the judge than you did in your post... that was tough to read.

Seriously, thats not right. Officers like that are what create resentment for the whole force, espcially with younger people. I would file a formal complaint and dispute the ticket too. Though, I assume if the officer did witness a crime/disturbance (disturbing the peace I assume), there's probably no law against another officer doing the paperwork for him.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:36 PM
10 Second Club

Sorry to tell you this but the Motor Officer does not have to be there since he is citing for the other officer. Our citations have a check box for not occuring in my presence and a line to write of the name of the citing Officer.

Sounds like he was a D!ck though; surely does not help with image of LE in general.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by silver/red
call the local networks
That sounds like a good idea. What they showed was a complicit coordination in the department.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:58 PM
Banned

If it was me I would of pulled my 9 and busted a cap in his ***.......but thats just me!
Old 01-02-2007, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

the cop is just probably mad because he got beat by to many camaros
Old 01-02-2007, 07:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GTO JIMMY
If it was me I would of pulled my 9 and busted a cap in his ***.......but thats just me!
I would have, and HAVE approched them both and asked them what their problem was right then right there .. my only point is make sure you dont have a Joint hangin from your ear when you ask the cop if "HE HAS A PORBLEM" .. man not a good day that day LOL
Old 01-02-2007, 07:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by stormsracing
riiight and what planet are you living on? a judge aint gonna take anyones word over a cops word.. altho im sure the bank has security cameras that could help you out.. but good luck getting thos tapes for a traffic offense. get a lawyer if you really want to fight it and goodluck man. from what ive seen asking for a cops info has NEVER ended too well
Old 01-02-2007, 07:22 PM
On The Tree

Here's a strategy I used once....go, pay the ticket. After you have the receipt ask to speak to the judge....this lets the court know its completely not about the ticket and either way, you've taken the ruling (or any further ruling against you, away for this instance from the court). This also shows the judge your submitting to the will of his court. Leave it to the judge to make a ruling about the problem.

Make certain to wear nice clothes. Speak intelligently and explain that had the individual properly identified themselves to you at first. When you explain that the officer did not appropriately identify himself and instead you felt as though you were being threatened and intimidated....rather than doing as you've always been educated to do, respect officers of the law and court.

Last edited by 93ChevExt5.7; 01-02-2007 at 11:12 PM.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:04 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks guys i appreciate it i talked to a couple of attorneys and they pretty much said i should of left him alone and not to mess with cops and that cops are usually always gonna win..so i guess i f*cked up by askin him his info i even got a statement from the clerk at the bank about him threating to give a ticket for complaining...but they did tell me to fight the case in court and if i win id have a better chance to file a case against the department o well nothin i can do so this makes me hate cops even more.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:15 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by stockz
I would have, and HAVE approched them both and asked them what their problem was right then right there .. my only point is make sure you dont have a Joint hangin from your ear when you ask the cop if "HE HAS A PORBLEM" .. man not a good day that day LOL
It is sad that our car community has to be associated with idiots like you...

Oh well live and learn.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:31 PM
TECH Resident

Is there a sound ordinance where u live??? U need to find out what the law considers TOO loud..... Schedule a court date & make the cop prove beyond a reasonable doubt that in fact ur stereo was unlawfully loud.....A judge can't go by the cops word alone if u don't let him.....make the cop prove it, if he can't the judge should dismiss it. Remember, U are INNOCENT till proven GUILTY....the judge has to look at it that way, because the law says to
Old 01-02-2007, 08:44 PM
TECH Addict

just go to court and fight the **********. hes just another ******* pig with a superman complex because he wears a badge. theyre a dime a dozen, and the reason people hate pigs in the first place. get a lawyer, its worth the extra money over paying the ticket if you can stick it to the bastards.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:59 PM
On The Tree

u have his name so find where he lives and egg his house...
Old 01-02-2007, 09:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unless he had a Db meter and there was a disturbing the peace ordinance in effect, it would seem to me that he'd have a hard time proving you were in violation of any noise ordinance laws-

On the other hand, unless you've just got a hard on to do what's "right" based on "principle".... pay the $30.00 ticket and learn from the experience...... more trouble than it's worth IMO-
Old 01-02-2007, 09:01 PM
On The Tree

dude leave it alone, pay for the ticket its not expensive. it could off been worst if your car got impounded or a points for your drivers license.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:15 PM
Launching!

Id fight it, even if it causes more trouble. 01gtmustang was right you have his name now its time to

Quick Reply: Police intimidation