Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LCA Relocation brackets

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LCA Relocation brackets

I plan on lowering my car in the spring time. I am getting lca and a panhard bar for Christmas. After doing some research people say that when you lower your car you need lca relocation brackets so the suspension geometry stays correct. I have a simple question, is there any difference between bolt on and weld on? Is it necessary to have one or the other?
Old 12-15-2008, 03:22 PM
Launching!

Most prefer bolt-in because of simplicity. plus i's easier to line it up since it bolts on 2 different ways.

I have one for sale. UMI relo bracket black and brand new, never installed.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:25 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes you will need the relocation brackets to correct the control arm geometry. If you have an aftermarket rearend you will need the weld ons. If you still have the stock rearend the bolt ons are fine. We happen to be having a 25% off christmas sale. The weld ons are $59.96, bolt ons $97.46. If you need a set give one of our distibutors a call or you can call us directly. The sale end Dec 24th.
Attached Thumbnails LCA Relocation brackets-cab001-small.jpg   LCA Relocation brackets-cab2-thumb.gif  
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 12-15-2008, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the replies, I knew there was something about the rear ends, but mine is stock so I don't have to worry for now. Will the BMR relocation brackets work with umi lca?
Old 12-15-2008, 03:38 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Yes they will work with the UMI lca.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 12-15-2008, 03:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by motoo344
I plan on lowering my car in the spring time. I am getting lca and a panhard bar for Christmas. After doing some research people say that when you lower your car you need lca relocation brackets so the suspension geometry stays correct. I have a simple question, is there any difference between bolt on and weld on? Is it necessary to have one or the other?
This topic recently came up like twice. This is how bad I think you need them depending on driving application...

1. Getting from point A to point B and not ripping burnouts... Definitely not.. waste of money

2. Daily driver but want to rip burnouts and getting wheel hop.. Sure.. good modification for fixing wheel hop

3. For handling, autox, or turn racing applications then definitely no.. relos will make the car behave much differently in many different situations for the worse

4. Drag racing... Yes great modification even if you don't get wheel hop. Puts wheel power down to the pavement.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hmm that is interesting. I really do not do much drag racing, I would rather have a better handling car honestly. Why would it be negative for autox situations?
Old 12-15-2008, 04:32 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Hmm that is interesting. I really do not do much drag racing, I would rather have a better handling car honestly. Why would it be negative for autox situations?
In all honesty it depends on the lca angle.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 12-15-2008, 10:24 PM
TECH Junkie

If the axle side of the ctrl arms are lower than the chassis side, then roll induced oversteer can occur when your driving at the limits. Oversteer is the last thing that our cars need.

Depends on what you want to do with the car all in all. Definitely don't need relos. But a lot of people get them because lots of people like our type of car for drag racing, doing burnouts, etc.. aka situations that cause wheel hop, which is why a lot of people get them after lowering their car.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Correct me if I am wrong by all means, but with the bolt in lca relo brackets, could you not use one setting for drag to reduce the wheel hop, and then change the setting for carving corners and therefore not see any adverse effects? I mean, it's one bolt on each side, and can't be that hard to change once on the car.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Brickyard
Correct me if I am wrong by all means, but with the bolt in lca relo brackets, could you not use one setting for drag to reduce the wheel hop, and then change the setting for carving corners and therefore not see any adverse effects? I mean, it's one bolt on each side, and can't be that hard to change once on the car.
You could definitely do that.

I'm not saying all autox/road racers don't like them. I think it depends on how one wants their car to drive. Some people try to use them to make the arms perfectly parallel. As far as I know though, it's pretty tough to make it absolutely parallel and I think some have drilled an extra hole before to get them parallel. I have enough oversteer without the relo's so I def don't need the angle fixed.

Quick Reply: LCA Relocation brackets