Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

97 ws6 formula pulls hard when changing lanes

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 03:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 97 ws6 formula pulls hard when changing lanes

at 65mph or above, and almost only on blacktop roads my car pulls very hard when switching lanes when the road isn't completely smooth. I have an 89 trans am with well over 200,000miles that never had this problem, but then again i also replaced the shocks and struts. If these are still the original could that be causing my problem? I'm really interested in a set of Bilsteins, but also wondering if i should replace the springs? I'm trying to rebuild everything with the suspension but really on tight budget. I already replaced the tie-rod ends the 1st week i had it, have new sway bar bushings and end links ready to be put on too. Water pump went out last week, so i had to fix it first. Was very careful and covered the opti when replacing, but still worried it could go anytime now. I work at a dealership, so labor isn't much of an issue, just would like a list of the best bang for the buck into making this beast handle better than new. Thanks
Old 02-20-2009, 03:15 PM
On The Tree

nobody has ever experienced this?
Old 02-20-2009, 04:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by oldNslow89TA
at 65mph or above, and almost only on blacktop roads my car pulls very hard when switching lanes when the road isn't completely smooth. I have an 89 trans am with well over 200,000miles that never had this problem, but then again i also replaced the shocks and struts. If these are still the original could that be causing my problem? I'm really interested in a set of Bilsteins, but also wondering if i should replace the springs? I'm trying to rebuild everything with the suspension but really on tight budget. I already replaced the tie-rod ends the 1st week i had it, have new sway bar bushings and end links ready to be put on too. Water pump went out last week, so i had to fix it first. Was very careful and covered the opti when replacing, but still worried it could go anytime now. I work at a dealership, so labor isn't much of an issue, just would like a list of the best bang for the buck into making this beast handle better than new. Thanks
Can you be more descriptive on what its doing? Do you mean its following the ruts in the road? If that's the case search "trammeling".
Old 02-21-2009, 10:29 AM
On The Tree

thank you very much! searched and did some research and it seems that's my problem. I'll have someone adjust the toe in soon and see if that helps me out.

Quick Reply: 97 ws6 formula pulls hard when changing lanes