Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

cant decide on a setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 08:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile cant decide on a setup

I'm lookin at gettin a lowering package for my car and i cant decide on which one to get im lookin at BMR, Strano, and Eibach HELP!!!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2009, 11:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If you've got the money get the stranos.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

you need to state your goals: drag, street/strip, etc...
Old 03-12-2009, 12:34 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ChaseSS
you need to state your goals: drag, street/strip, etc...
Agreed, what is the car used for?

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 03-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what are you going to be doing with the car? if you are a drag strip guy you will need to go one way ... if you are a twistys guy you will need to go the exact opposite way
Old 03-12-2009, 01:09 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 4thGenJunkie
I'm lookin at gettin a lowering package for my car and i cant decide on which one to get im lookin at BMR, Strano, and Eibach HELP!!!!!!!!

Hello, if you have looked over our packages and can't decide which one is the right one for your car or you like parts out of several different kits i can custom tailor a package to your needs. We have our lowering springs on sale right now for $174.95 per set. As im sure you know your going to also need an adjustable panhard bar to correct body alignment. Give me a call and i will custom build you what ever style package you would like.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 03-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Launching!

just a little advice on top of that though .. i would steer away from eibachs if you do a search on here about them you will find not many people like them.. they end up sagging after awhile ... they have a wicked good stance to some people but they are a very rough ride

The stranos are a good spring .. ask anyone that has them and the love them ... its always good to have a road racing champion designing springs with his name on them ... plus sam is a great guy and can help you with whatever

Personally I went with the BMR springs and I love them ... they feel great and Dennis helped me out with my order and was great and right now their price is hard to beat .. its hard to find used springs for their price let alone brand new in box ...

just my .02
Old 03-12-2009, 02:07 PM
TECH Junkie

The strano springs paired up with good shocks make the car feel like as if it were a "sport package" suspension from the factory, kind of like how the BMW's have that for most of their cars.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:51 PM
Teching In

well its my DD so i need somethin that i can use every day and not kill my *** bone, and im definitely a drag guy so more in that direction hope that helps, and it seems the more research i do the more BMR looks like my best decision especially for a 17 year old thats payin for college next year lol
Old 03-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Teching In

o yea i forgot about the qa1 but that seems a little too hardcore for now
Old 03-12-2009, 09:45 PM
TECH Junkie

QA1 springs highest springrate is 325. Not much more than stock. I wouldn't consider those.

I only have experience with stock/stock, stock/koni, and strano/koni setups. It would be good to try out a koni/BMR and koni/LT1 Eibach combo someday, but I'd have to find someone with those combo's or get a set to try on my own. Having the experience with all springs would be interesting.

And that's the thing... I believe the best ride comfort can be had with Konis. Enough compression for almost any setup. Enough rebound adjustability for almost any aftermarket spring. It's the konis that make a huge difference. If you're concerned about the price difference in those few springs, then you probably won't like the price difference between Konis and the next step down in shocks.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:53 PM
Teching In

i completely forgot that koni existed sounds interesting. i think i might just try that koni/bmr setup im pretty sure all i need is an inch-inch 1/2 drop and i thin kthe BMr springs drop it an inch
Old 03-13-2009, 10:09 AM
Launching!

now you said you were a college student on a budget ... if thats true you might want to wait on the koni's ... right now I think they are around $850 for a set of 4, and if you pair that up with the bmrs you are over a grand for suspension. I know I am a poor college student on a budget right now and thats way out of my budget range
Old 03-13-2009, 10:20 AM
Teching In

im a senior in high school this year lol so yea my budget is about to get real tight. so i guess its back to suggestions for shocks since im pretty set on BMR now for the last couple days ive been doing nothing but goin to school work than looking for a suspension lol

Quick Reply: cant decide on a setup