Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR Xtreme Control Arms

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 08:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default BMR Xtreme Control Arms

Anybody Running there Xtreme Rear Control arms? I broke a grease fitting off of my Umi non adjustable control arm so I'm looking to replace them with a adj kind and BMR's unit seems to be beefiest so I'm looking for some reviews.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F-bodySuspension.htm
Old 04-07-2009, 08:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have UMI on car adj. control arms and have not had any issues.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

We can get you a new grease fitting if needed.. just let me know.

Also our part # 2018 in Chrome Moly is the same items as the BMR Xtreme control arms. If you look at this link- www.umiperformance.com/2018 and add the chrome moly option it would be the same item...possibly even a little lighter too.

I just wanted to throw another option out there. Thanks for looking!

Ryan
Old 04-07-2009, 09:00 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks Ryan but it snapped completely off and rather the deal with the hassle of trying to repair it with a over-sized grease fitting was just going to replace them. I will take a look into those chrome-moly pieces you mentioned.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Hello,

We can get you a new grease fitting if needed.. just let me know.

Also our part # 2018 in Chrome Moly is the same items as the BMR Xtreme control arms. If you look at this link- www.umiperformance.com/2018 and add the chrome moly option it would be the same item...possibly even a little lighter too.

I just wanted to throw another option out there. Thanks for looking!

Ryan
They are close but still not a fair comparison. A closer equivalent to your part # 2018 would be our MTCA002 and it would still require the moly upgraded of your version to be equivalent in material construction.

Here is one easy example of the Extreme lower control arm adjuster size versus our MTCA002 adjuster size. This along with several other differences is what sets the 2 different part numbers apart.

Any other questions regarding our products feel free to ask....
Old 04-08-2009, 11:26 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

With the 4140 heat treated adjuster we manufacture and assemble in our part I feel the comparison is very similar... this is why we do not advertise a "extreme" item. But that is my opinion... both items would work well for your application.

Hope that he
Old 04-08-2009, 05:15 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BMR Tech
They are close but still not a fair comparison. A closer equivalent to your part # 2018 would be our MTCA002 and it would still require the moly upgraded of your version to be equivalent in material construction.

Here is one easy example of the Extreme lower control arm adjuster size versus our MTCA002 adjuster size. This along with several other differences is what sets the 2 different part numbers apart.

Any other questions regarding our products feel free to ask....
Wow, Thats a big difference... Can you give me a size idea vs the normal piece? I have limited clearance because of a narrowed rear-end so I don't want to go too big and find I won't have the room.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
With the 4140 heat treated adjuster we manufacture and assemble in our part I feel the comparison is very similar... this is why we do not advertise a "extreme" item. But that is my opinion... both items would work well for your application.

Hope that he
Wanted to ask if you have the option for a ploy end & rod end combo for your "on the car adj"? I didn't see it on the site.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've got these on my car..but haven't gotten to test them yet....they are a beefy piece though and look nice
Old 04-09-2009, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SmokedOutZ28
Wow, Thats a big difference... Can you give me a size idea vs the normal piece? I have limited clearance because of a narrowed rear-end so I don't want to go too big and find I won't have the room.

The top adjuster is 3/4" and the bottom "Extreme" adjuster is 1 1/8" . Both are plenty strong but obviously the 1 1/8" is superior in strength.

The "Extreme" arms are 1 5/8" tubing so they are slightly larger than the regular MTCA002 which are 1 1/4" tubing.

Let me know if you have any other questions.....

Quick Reply: BMR Xtreme Control Arms