Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Finally got my watts link installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 03:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Finally got my watts link installed

I have had a fays Watts link for about 4 months.Took me forever to get around
to installing it on my 2000 t/a ws6.My back went out and then I got busey.My friend has been unable to help me.I wanted another set of hands.
I installed the sway bar spacers.Then on another day broke off the brake line clips and used a grinder to grind them down.Today I finally installed the watts link by myself.I had a few problems during the install,but everything worked out in the end.It took most of the day.
.It's a lot easer if you have a friend help you.
Anyway I drove the car tonight and holly crap what a huge difference.The car
is more controlable and more glued to the ground.I noticed the difference even on the freeway going in a straight line.It's also more stable when I change lanes.I took it in a canyon on some curves and this car handles killer.This thing is everything everybody says it is and more. My other
suspension mods include Koni 4/3 sa shocks,Strano hollow sway bars.Lower perch/heater hose mod,Edelbrock LCA's.
The Fays2 Watts link was well worth every penney I payed for it.Not inexpensive but,anything that's good usually isn't cheap.It was better than I expected it would be.

Last edited by transwiz; 05-26-2009 at 03:49 AM.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by transwiz
...The Fays2 Watts link was well worth every penney I payed for it.Not inexpensive but,anything that's good usually isn't cheap.It was better than I expected it would be.
I agree. If one puts the money on the most optimal parts in the most optimal places, then I think we all can agree that's what makes even this car way more improved.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:10 AM
Launching!

im happy that there are alot of good reviews on these, im ordering one soon
Old 05-26-2009, 11:08 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Happy to hear you like it!!!

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 05-27-2009, 01:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I went back in and re-adjusted my watts link today.I had to put a spacer in and do a re- tweek.
I drove it again tonight.I think it was binding a little.You really notice the difference on acceleration from 50 miles an hour and up.Cursing on the freeway at 80 the car is way more solid.In canyons it is so much more predictable.I don't notice any any difference in the way it rides at all.Even when I stand on it from a stop and go thru the gears in a drag race the car is equally more solid.

I spoke to Jim Fay on the phone and he said he recommended that people get shocks and a Watts link first before all the other modifications.I would agree.This part was deffinately worth the money.I would highly recommend this to anybody who want's a way more solid car. Give Sam Strano a call,he a dealer or call Jim Fay .

Last edited by transwiz; 05-27-2009 at 01:34 AM.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Curious as to the height setting you used on the prop of the watts link??
Old 05-27-2009, 11:34 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

That would be a variable that one can only determine after trying different RC heights. He's free to tell you, but changed in RC height begets other changes to balance, reaction time and the desire for varying amounts of roll stiffness.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 05-27-2009, 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
That would be a variable that one can only determine after trying different RC heights. He's free to tell you, but changed in RC height begets other changes to balance, reaction time and the desire for varying amounts of roll stiffness.

Absolutely agree was just curious with his setup he has in his sig coupled with his chosen roll center compared to the factory panhard rod setup RC ....
Old 05-28-2009, 01:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I set the propeller,second hole from the top.I have not tried any other settings yet.I will have to drive the car a little more before I do any changes.Seems cool to me.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by transwiz
I set the propeller,second hole from the top.I have not tried any other settings yet.I will have to drive the car a little more before I do any changes.Seems cool to me.

Sounds good thanks for the info and keep posting up what you find as adjustments are made..
Old 05-29-2009, 01:02 PM
TECH Veteran

I played around with the RC a lot before I ever got my final decision.

Last edited by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed; 05-29-2009 at 02:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Finally got my watts link installed