Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

roll bar ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 12:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default roll bar ?

do you guys think a 6 point bolt in roll bar would do anything to help stiffing the chassis. is it worth it?.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:35 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It wont be as stiff as a weld-in 6 point roll bar. Do you have SFC's?
Old 12-26-2009, 12:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

working on the sfc now but heres the deal i was planning on getting the roll bar at some point but wasnt realy a priority but wolf is haveing a 30 percent off sale so i might get it now to save some cash. was going to go with bolt in now and will probally weld it in later when i get more serious about track time. the dilemma is if i buy the bar now while its on sale ill probally have to wait on the sfc for a bit.

but i was just wondering if i will see any stiffening from a bolt in bar?. how would it compare to sfc?. i think the main problem with the bolt in would be the door bars not being welded in. i would guess this is the point where i would loose most of the stiffening part of it.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, the problem with bolt-in is that things can still move around so its not gonna do much for stiffening the chassis. Since your looking at getting a roll bar, why not go with a custom 6 point in chrome moly. It will fit the car better and weight a good bit less than the mild steel wolf bar. Wolf does make a chrome moly bar but the fittment could be better.