Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

New takeoff stock springs

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New takeoff stock springs

I have a source that has a good amount of new stock take off springs from SS/z28 cars, they have never seen the road. The only thing is i would have to but all 4 corners together. Just wondering if ne1 would want some and what they might be willing to pay for them, so i can get a bottom dollar price for them from the dealer.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry buddy, nobody wants stock springs right now unless:
  • The person is putting the car back to stock to sell the car, in which case they'd probably settle for used ones at $20-$40 a set.
  • The springs are special, as in 1LE springs or SLP lowering springs.
If they are "special" springs, what is your definition of "bottom dollar" pricing?
Old 02-09-2010, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ZexGX
Sorry buddy, nobody wants stock springs right now unless:
  • The person is putting the car back to stock to sell the car, in which case they'd probably settle for used ones at $20-$40 a set.
  • The springs are special, as in 1LE springs or SLP lowering springs.
If they are "special" springs, what is your definition of "bottom dollar" pricing?
what? I'd be interested in his stock springs, especially if he was in Texas, and like you said, depending on bottom dollar this bottom dollar pricing is.

I'd imagine that people do your first point quite often.

People like me would get some of his stock springs so that they know that they are putting some good stock springs on their 1XXK mile ride when they are installing something like say, Koni SAs.

To the OP, I would have pursued this more with you, but I think I have my stock spring situation figured out.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:47 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jdoyle
People like me would get some of his stock springs so that they know that they are putting some good stock springs on their 1XXK mile ride when they are installing something like say, Koni SAs.
Stock springs are typically not a wear item, especially at only around 100,000 miles, but, to each his own. Most people I know think the stock ride height is way too high, and that the stock spring rates are garbage and contribute to a bouncy ride (lowering springs do too, but in a different form of "bouncy"), but that's their opinion. They're not bad for drag racing though.

Last edited by ZexGX; 02-10-2010 at 01:16 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:34 AM
Teching In

Default stock springs

My ss has 100k on it and i bought it at repo . Some *** put lowering springs on it then heated them. so i was lkooking for stock stuff to make it ride better on a budget. I got all 4 springs basically brand new for round $100. That was cheap enough for me.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Stock springs are typically not a wear item, especially at only around 100,000 miles, but, to each his own. Most people I know think the stock ride height is way too high, and that the stock spring rates are garbage and contribute to a bouncy ride (lowering springs do too, but in a different form of "bouncy"), but that's their opinion. They're not bad for drag racing though.
"Bouncy" = shocks my friend, not springs. That's what happens when you have inadequate shocks, the car will bounce and not want to settle and feel loose.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

my only experience with stock springs has shown that they are a wear item, but like I said before, that is my one and only experience.

Ya, stock ride height is pretty high.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As JD AMG said, shocks contribute to that feel, not the springs. The stock springs aren't actually that bad, and with good shocks will still offer good performance.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if the stock springs are off a ss and say eibach (slp eibach) on the spring i would be interested on a complete set. let me know.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mondols1
if the stock springs are off a ss and say eibach (slp eibach) on the spring i would be interested on a complete set. let me know.
those are lowering springs, right?

i'd maybe be interested in 1LE springs, if I knew how they were better than regular stock springs?
Old 02-10-2010, 02:25 PM
12 Second Club

Well being that none of you probably had to deal with 98+ 3.8 V6 springs (257lbs vs. 292lbs of the LS1's or 310 of the LT1's) I wouldn't expect you to know how horrible the ride felt when trying to drive aggressively. When I changed out only the springs (since I had brand new KYB AGX shocks) the ride quality (didn't feel as loose on bumps in corners or at high speed, which is what stock springs felt like) and handling improved dramatically. Shocks helped the ride a ton, but there was still an improvement when I switched to a lowered setup.

Originally Posted by jdoyle
those are lowering springs, right?

i'd maybe be interested in 1LE springs, if I knew how they were better than regular stock springs?
They are firmer than stock but are still stock. They perform great for a stock ride height application... WS6 and 1LE springs are the same. You'd probably want to switch to the WS6/SS/1LE swaybars too since those should increase in strength with spring rate, unless you want a soft ride and body roll...
360 lbs linear for the front vs. 310 on LT1 or 292 on LS1.
130-170lbs progressive for the rear vs. 110 on LT1 or 114 on LS1.
Front P/N: 22132887
Rear P/N:

Last edited by ZexGX; 02-10-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well being that none of you probably had to deal with 98+ 3.8 V6 springs (257lbs vs. 292lbs of the LS1's or 310 of the LT1's) I wouldn't expect you to know how horrible the ride felt when trying to drive aggressively. When I changed out only the springs (since I had brand new KYB AGX shocks) the ride quality (didn't feel as loose on bumps in corners or at high speed, which is what stock springs felt like) and handling improved dramatically. Shocks helped the ride a ton, but there was still an improvement when I switched to a lowered setup.

They are firmer than stock but are still stock. They perform great for a stock ride height application... WS6 and 1LE springs are the same. You'd probably want to switch to the WS6/SS/1LE swaybars too since those should increase in strength with spring rate, unless you want a soft ride and body roll...
360 lbs linear for the front vs. 310 on LT1 or 292 on LS1.
130-170lbs progressive for the rear vs. 110 on LT1 or 114 on LS1.
Front P/N: 22132887
Rear P/N:
Thank you for the info.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:34 PM
Teching In

Default springs

i wont be able to check the springs till tuesday im on my way outta town to the NHRA race in Bradenton FL... so long cold windy *** North Carolina

Quick Reply: New takeoff stock springs