Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Subframe Cradle

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subframe Cradle

anyone have subframe cradle damage? What the engine sits on basically. scrapes and dents from bottoming out? Seems mine has a dent in the passenger side and i guess its pulling my passenger side alignment off. I noticed on other 4th gen fbodys that they usually do have some sort of scar so i was wondering if its common and if other people have fixed or replaced this hella expensive part. thoughts?
Old 03-13-2010, 08:12 AM
TECH Addict

more commonly known as the K member. if it's really bad look for a used one. they're pretty cheap. otherwise aftermarkets aren't all that expensive either.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:26 PM
Staging Lane

ahhh its a k-member also huh? that would make looking for it easier. thanks for the insight. are there any benefits to an aftermarket piece like strength or technology?
Old 03-13-2010, 01:41 PM
Staging Lane

Scratch that last question. Looked into spohn k members. They seem great for half the price of a new gm one. anyone have it installed? Does it change anything like feel or alignment?
Old 03-13-2010, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

I believe they are lighter and more "performance" built than the stock unit. You will need an alignment after the install. I think alot of guys have added this to their suspension. Hopefully they will chime in with their input.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:31 PM
TECH Addict

main advantage is weight reduction. try to find a car being parted out locally, i've seen them go for as little as ~$100 around here.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:05 PM
Staging Lane

sounds like a good idea. the weight savings is a plus and they just look soo damn cool. im getting an expert alignment shop to take a look tomorrow. ill keep you posted
Old 03-15-2010, 07:11 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
I noticed that you are having issues with your K Member! And I figured I would just throw this out there for you as another suggestion. UMI Performance offer's a few different styles of K Member's both Stock replacement and a Road Race Version (extra bracing). And if you are looking for maximum weight savings. I would suggest a set of upper and lower control arms to save 33lbs off the front and if you went with Chrome Moly it would save you a total of 35.5 lbs. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. And I will be more than glad to help. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...bgc81p7138k8t5

Thanks Again
Brad

Quick Reply: Subframe Cradle