Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Where to get 1LE Springs F/R or equivalent?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 11:58 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where to get 1LE Springs F/R or equivalent?

I would like to buy a new set of 1LE springs or aftermarket springs that have the equivalent specs. I really do not want to lower my car (although it is lower than stock at this time). It seems as tho the 1LE parts are no longer available so looking for suggestions on where to get new springs. I'm using QA1s now and the ride/handling is terrible. I'd just like to get 1LE springs all around and either Bilstein or Koni shocks.

1LE Spring P/N
Front: 22132887
Rear: 22132889
Old 04-07-2010, 11:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I second that, where can these be bought?
Old 04-08-2010, 12:44 AM
Launching!

I've concluded that the best thing to do to get setup similar or better than the 1LE is to go with the SLP suspension kit - Eibach springs and bilstein shocks. It's about $650 but it seems to be on back order at most places...so I'm waiting for it.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I already have Strano springs which are pretty much the best on the market for fbodies, but the clearance issues with my turbo piping may force me to move back up to stock ride height, about 1.2" higher. The Eiboch springs would actually put me even lower and handle even worse than what I have now. I figured the 1LE springs with my Koni 4/4 shocks and Strano sway bars might be the best I could hope for for good handling at stock ride height.

Last edited by bluebird71; 04-08-2010 at 11:01 AM.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

i dont know about the 1LE springs....but 1LE sway bars are discontinued in the GM parts book
Old 04-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bluebird71
I already have Strano springs which are pretty much the best on the market for fbodies, but the clearance issues with my turbo piping may force me to move back up to stock ride height, about 1.2" higher. The Eiboch springs would actually put me even lower and handle even worse than what I have now. I figured the 1LE springs with my Koni 4/4 shocks and Strano sway bars might be the best I could hope for for good handling at stock ride height.
Most people report that the SLP kit lowers the car about 3/4" below stock ride height. These are not the eibach proline springs which can lower your car 1.5" or more below stock, they are custom spec'd for SLP and manufactured by eibach.

Since you already have the koni shocks you can get pretty much any spring you want and have a decent ride...just remember that almost all aftermarket springs on the market are lowering springs.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stock springs do a pretty good job when paired with good shocks. You will have more roll than with springs with higher rates (Stranos, BMR, 1LE, etc.), but they do a pretty effective job.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What about some type of spacers on top of my Strano springs to raise the body up? What would that do for ride quality and suspension geometry?
Old 04-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6r
Stock springs do a pretty good job when paired with good shocks. You will have more roll than with springs with higher rates (Stranos, BMR, 1LE, etc.), but they do a pretty effective job.
Stiffer sway bars will reduce roll moreso than the springs will if you think your car is rolling too much.

Originally Posted by bluebird71
What about some type of spacers on top of my Strano springs to raise the body up? What would that do for ride quality and suspension geometry?
I don't think using spacers would affect the ride quality so much since the actual height of the spring isn't being changed. Also, I believe the koni shocks you have include 2 perches (one higher and one lower)...at least in the front, so you can get the same effect as a spacer.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SsZERO
Stiffer sway bars will reduce roll moreso than the springs will if you think your car is rolling too much.
True.

Originally Posted by SsZERO
I don't think using spacers would affect the ride quality so much since the actual height of the spring isn't being changed. Also, I believe the koni shocks you have include 2 perches (one higher and one lower)...at least in the front, so you can get the same effect as a spacer.
Well....the Stranos (or any other lowering spring for that matter) should be on the top perch. The bottom perch is really only used for stock or 1LE springs to give a slight drop. The lowering springs should already be on the top, so you can't really move it up from there.

If you want to figure something out for your suspension, I'd just give Sam a call....he knows more about this stuff than we do!

Quick Reply: Where to get 1LE Springs F/R or equivalent?