Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Poping noise, steering wheel play

Old 04-08-2010, 02:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poping noise, steering wheel play

I have an inch or so play in my steering wheel, just put koni shocks on to help my handling but figured out, shocks wernt my org problem. Sitting in the garage with the key half on to turn the steering where back and fourth, there is a loud "poping" noise coming from the drivers side. Not thinking, i jacked it up to take a look underneith, which does me no good b/c the wheels turn freely. My girlfriend, offered to climb under the car while on the ground to see if she could notice where the noise was coming from. Her theory is inside the "black boot plunger rubber piece at the end of my outter tie rod, which im thinking is the inner tie rod? The thing with that is, if i try to move my wheel back and fourth for play, there is no play in it. could it still be the inner tie rod end or is that ruled out? Given the possibility it is the inner TRE, how hard is it to replace, is there a link i could look at that takes u step by step. I'm new to anything dealing with suspension parts, but would like to fix my problem so i can see the real gains i got from my suspension upgrades.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought an inner tie rod end today, hoping that was the problem, it wasnt! the rack itself is bent. Not sure where i could get one for a good price.

Search this Thread