Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

will drag shocks help me.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 11:49 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default will drag shocks help me.

I have almost stock suspension, short ta and fc's. If I go with a 90/10 shock upfront and 50/50 in the rear will I get a better launch. right now if I let the car flash at the line to launch I can get it to pull one wheel off the ground.

The best 60ft I got was 1.58 on these et streets , I have been thinking of going back to a slick because the et streets are almost worn out. I'm starting to spin alil off the line when I flash the car instead of setting the rpm then launchin.

Last edited by rob scott; 05-17-2010 at 06:08 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Any kind of suspension mod is will help if it is the correct mod for the application. I LOVE my QA1 shocks. I drag race my car as well as some street "fun". I run the 12 way adjustable shocks, tunnel mount torque arm, 9", adj lca with relocation brackets, adj panhard bar, and aftermarket springs on my car and it hooks up great! If you dont want to spend that much I also have a friend that runs Competition Engineering 3 way adjustable drag shocks (i wanna say they were like 70 a piece) and his car dead hooks with 28" Hoosier slicks, and a BMR trac pac on a 150 shot out of the hole. I know only these two set ups and can honestly say they work.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:11 AM
On The Tree

i love my kyb drag shocks lcas and lca brackets and a panhard bar and adjustable torque arm, car launches hard as hell
Old 05-20-2010, 10:29 AM
10 Second Club

my car leaves hard as hell right now, I was thinking of going with a spohn drag bar. the short ta I'm running really made a difference in the way it launches now i just need it to keep launch level like in the pic. half of my launches the car lifts up one side and the other stays on the ground. I would rather it just stay level during launches I don't want it to twist.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rob scott
my car leaves hard as hell right now, I was thinking of going with a spohn drag bar. the short ta I'm running really made a difference in the way it launches now i just need it to keep launch level like in the pic. half of my launches the car lifts up one side and the other stays on the ground. I would rather it just stay level during launches I don't want it to twist.
Sounds like you are on the right track your car would be a perfect candidate for a drag bar.

We also offer a drag bar that is used on some of the fastest stock suspension cars in the country yet is strong enough for street duty. Our swaybar is also contoured around the shock area to prevent the issue of the swaybar hitting the body of the shocks.

The part # for our bar would be the XSB001 which fits all aftermarket rearends.

Additional information regarding the XSB001 can be found HERE

Quick Reply: will drag shocks help me.