Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI Torque Arm Relocation Bracket Install Issues - Bolt holes don't align to the body

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 03:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question UMI Torque Arm Relocation Bracket Install Issues - Bolt holes don't align to the body

I am posting on here since it is past 4:30pm EST and I doubt UMI is open past hours. Thought maybe someone on here might have had the same issues or know how to get this thing working. I am having one hell of a time getting the relocation crossmember to line up to the bolt holes on the driver's side. It feels like the whole rear end is pulling the torque arm bigtime to the right side of the car. Any suggestions? Tried jacking the tranny and rear end up and down as suggested, but it made no difference.

Also, the instructions say for stock rear end to use the 2nd set of bolt holes from the bottom on the clamshell. I am stock height in back, but I have a Moser 9". Should I be using different bolt holes for my Moser on the clamshell?
Old 06-19-2010, 02:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 862 Likes on 613 Posts

You said it feels like it's pulling to one side. Do you have an adjustable panhard bar?

I am really speaking out of my league here, just trying to throw out ideas. Could you take the panhard bar off and see what it's like?
Old 06-19-2010, 07:30 AM
On The Tree

Yeah, it is still hooked up along with the sway bar and control arms. May not be a bad idea. I planned on getting the front and back re-aligned once I am done because I raised my rear to stock height and the front almost to stock height.

Wanted to get this stuff in there along with the TDs before I took it to get it aligned and set the pinion angle.

Thanks!
Old 06-19-2010, 06:37 PM
On The Tree

Well, we got it. I say we because it was definitely a 2 man job. Looks great and I am happy. Now if we would have only had enough time to get the TDs fabricated...
Old 06-20-2010, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you by any chance put the transmission mount bolt on first? I doubt its your issue, but I had a poly mount on mine and by accident put the bolt in the far passenger side hole by accident and bolted it all up that way, it was really hard to get on and I had a lot of drivetrain issues until I figured it out. You couldn't tell just by looking at it that it was wrong.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:07 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by afterburner82
Well, we got it. I say we because it was definitely a 2 man job. Looks great and I am happy. Now if we would have only had enough time to get the TDs fabricated...
Hello
Thanks for choosing UMI Performance. Its great to hear that you got it figured out! And good to hear that you are satisfied. Yeah sometimes they can for sure be tricky. The best advice it to leave everything loose until you have everything lined up. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad
Old 06-22-2010, 12:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 862 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by afterburner82
So what did you do differently?
Old 06-22-2010, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

Got a second set of hands under there to help hold it over in place. Trying to torque it over to the bolt holes against the length of the arm and rear end along with threading the bolts for the crossmember was too much for me by myself.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:03 AM
On The Tree

i got mine in by installing the crossmember first, then the rest of the torque arm. keep everything loose and just adjust it once its all buttoned up
Old 06-23-2010, 07:48 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

They can be a pain, especially with out a lift and a helper.

Are you guys using poly bushings with them too?

Quick Reply: UMI Torque Arm Relocation Bracket Install Issues - Bolt holes don't align to the body