Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR old vs new springs

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 04:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMR old vs new springs

i know someone is gonna ask, so i decided to have some fun the other day since i got a free set of rear springs with my koni's (thanks BMR).

i had the old set of springs, running tokico blues all around, then upgraded to koni adjustables in the rear. on the soft setting, the old springs would still bounce around and jar you a little over rail road tracks, and bumps of the like.

new springs - yes i can feel a nice difference, it doesnt jostle me around the same RxR tracks, the rear is more planted for take off and stops, and just feels a little more connected.

1-10, id give old ones a 6, new ones a 8.5, ... there looked to be some design improvement and about 10# difference in spring rate (i know shoulda taken pics) but seem they're same overall weight. sorry i have no idea about front spring differences, but my old ones work great. i almost wana return my new bumpstops...
Old 10-14-2010, 04:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i know horrible pics, but you get the idea...
Attached Thumbnails BMR old vs new springs-sam_0050.jpg   BMR old vs new springs-sam_0051.jpg  
Old 10-15-2010, 12:40 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

This is funny to read considering they for years claimed the old springs were the best. And that 20 pounds per inch different wasn't a big deal (their old springs vs. Strano springs). Clearly you see that even 10 pounds makes a difference even though they claim it doesn't. The difference between 160 and 150 is about 7%... 7% matters.

Anyway, it's good for your that BMR was willing to give their springs away since they *ahem* "improved" them over what they claimed was perfect before. I'm not surprised you like them better since they are closer to what mine always have been. Amazing how they can do an about face like that and seems nobody notices.... You could have been enjoying better springs for years. But better late then never (though I still feel mine are better due to the rate and material).

I wish I paid so little for them that I could afford to give them away! But reality is to get the things I want, I have to pay more than what I could have springs built for here---but I can't get what I want here.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 10-15-2010, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good talking to when you came by and took advantage of our sale.

Glad you are happy with your purchase
Old 10-15-2010, 01:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
This is funny to read considering they for years claimed the old springs were the best. And that 20 pounds per inch different wasn't a big deal (their old springs vs. Strano springs). Clearly you see that even 10 pounds makes a difference even though they claim it doesn't. The difference between 160 and 150 is about 7%... 7% matters.

Anyway, it's good for your that BMR was willing to give their springs away since they *ahem* "improved" them over what they claimed was perfect before. I'm not surprised you like them better since they are closer to what mine always have been. Amazing how they can do an about face like that and seems nobody notices.... You could have been enjoying better springs for years. But better late then never (though I still feel mine are better due to the rate and material).

I wish I paid so little for them that I could afford to give them away! But reality is to get the things I want, I have to pay more than what I could have springs built for here---but I can't get what I want here.
sam are you springs the same weight as bmr or are they lighter.

Quick Reply: BMR old vs new springs