Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Anyone running KYB 741034 AGX struts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone running KYB 741034 AGX struts?

I just got a set of them used and I'm trying to find out what the 9 deferent adjustments do? I tried looking it up online and all I could find was them forsale and no additional info about them.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:37 PM
Teching In

depends on how you want ur car set up for. drag=1 in the front+ 8 in the rear

everyday street i would do 4 in the front and 6 in the rear, that how i set up mine in 04 with my trans am, they where vary good shocks, i would buy them agine for a good street car, if your doing a full race ,well then you need the Q1.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by CorySS
I just got a set of them used and I'm trying to find out what the 9 deferent adjustments do? I tried looking it up online and all I could find was them forsale and no additional info about them.
They adjust both compression and rebound at the same time. The higher up the setting the higher up the compression and rebound go.
They are mediocre shocks at best, pretty lowish quality.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:22 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the info, I don't have much in them, I know that there no QA1's but I was just looking for something better than stock for now.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by CorySS
Thanks for the info, I don't have much in them, I know that there no QA1's but I was just looking for something better than stock for now.
There is no comparison between something like KYB AGX's(sport shocls) to QA1s(drag shocks), the KYBs are leaps and bounds a better shock, they are actually made to control the spring rather than let the car flop around like a drunk cheerleader. If you want weight transfer just save your money and stick with the stock shocks, they have gone plenty fast in a strait line and you don't have to waste your money on something thats going to make the car feel/drive worse.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Teching In

There on the springs that I'm trading him for my drop springs. With the exhaust I have now it scraps on everything so I'm don't have any money in them and I get my car raised back up too.

Quick Reply: Anyone running KYB 741034 AGX struts?