Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

subframe connector questions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 01:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default subframe connector questions?

Looking for opinions from experience which sfc to go with and which company to order from (sales, military discounts). I am not looking for nothing too extreme. Car is a 450-465 rwhp daily driver that sees the track 15 times yearly. Thanks guys
Old 11-28-2011, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Midwest Chassis - they're a sponsor. You have to call since the sfc's aren't on their website. $155 iirc

/thread
Old 11-28-2011, 03:01 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You will only want to use a weld-on true subframe connector if you want it to do its job properly.

Be careful of some out there that bolt to the lca mount and don't actually connect the subframes... that design is more of a "jacking rail" that protects the pinch weld area at the rocker panel. The whole purpose here is to connect the actual front and rear subframe rails of the unibody. The rocker panel is the strongest point of the unibody type cars so it doesn't make much sense to run another piece of tubing right next to it and then still not actually connect the subframes when its done. Also...Any type of bolt-on product will never do the same job as a properly designed and welded component.

The MWC sfc's are a true subframe connector, not over-engineered, not heavy, and an easy install. Cost is 155.00 shipped and come black powdercoated. Red and other colors available on special order.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:11 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UMI has 15% off and $9.99 shipping thru 11:59pm on our site. We also offer a military discount any other time. Our customers love our SFC's and appreciate them being crafted with pride in PA - USA.

Ramey
Old 11-28-2011, 06:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ssvert99
You will only want to use a weld-on true subframe connector if you want it to do its job properly.

Be careful of some out there that bolt to the lca mount and don't actually connect the subframes... that design is more of a "jacking rail" that protects the pinch weld area at the rocker panel. The whole purpose here is to connect the actual front and rear subframe rails of the unibody. The rocker panel is the strongest point of the unibody type cars so it doesn't make much sense to run another piece of tubing right next to it and then still not actually connect the subframes when its done. Also...Any type of bolt-on product will never do the same job as a properly designed and welded component.

The MWC sfc's are a true subframe connector, not over-engineered, not heavy, and an easy install. Cost is 155.00 shipped and come black powdercoated. Red and other colors available on special order.
Where can i find to see a pic and order from?
Old 11-28-2011, 11:54 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by WS6SP33D
Where can i find to see a pic and order from?
Pretty good pic in this thread on page 2. You can see the difference at the rear connection point.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...midwest-2.html

Give us a call to place any order. We prefer to talk with our customers to make sure you are getting the correct parts the first time, and you are talking directly to the people that manufacture what you pay for.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:37 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ssvert99

hey i am in the market for some SFC's as well. I will be doing the welding myself(certified welder) and I have looking back and forth and I really like the MWC product. Do you guys happen to have some up close pics of them installed and all welded up?
Old 02-27-2012, 09:42 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

I will look to see if there are any closeups, but there are pics on the website where you can see the rear mounting point that makes our sfc's do a real job of connecting the subframes and not bolting to the lca bracket and running along the rocker which is already the storongest point of a unibody car.

http://www.midwestchassis.com/subframe-connectors.html

Quick Reply: subframe connector questions?