Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

lcas

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default lcas

got to get new lca's at lest that's what chevy told me after I had to have the pass. side body bolt replaced as the original bolt came out. So I have a couple questions for the group one if I go aftermarket should I also change the panhard rod? also should I start thinking of swapping out the front suspension as it is still totally stock and any suggestions of a good aftermarket setup doesn't need to be extremely hardcore as it is just a dd. By the way the car is a 2000 3.8L camaro. Thanks for any help
Old 12-01-2011, 12:48 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don't need to do the both together but it never hurts to have it all done at once and move on. Going with adjustable ones is nice as well in our honest opinion. We have a sale going on them right now https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-s...week-sale.html at a great price.

As far as the front end goes, just replacing it with new stock replacement with stock replacement items would be a nice touch to firm things back up.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Staging Lane

well I was asking about the front because I was thinking if I build up the rear if it would cause the front to wear out sooner
Old 12-01-2011, 03:44 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by camarosteve2k
well I was asking about the front because I was thinking if I build up the rear if it would cause the front to wear out sooner
Factory style replacement bushings and ball joints for the front will bring the car back to a good firm feeling.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good evening Steve. A cool thing about suspension upgrades is that they're additive. You can certainly replace trailing arms first, then PHB, then front pieces. Or any combination thereof. If it's a daily driver you'll be fine.

Try a set of these and feel the strength (in my best monster truck announcer voice)

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=104

ramey
Old 12-01-2011, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

addictive is the truth. i started out with just some subframe connectors and ended up replacing everything. the good thing about suspension mods is that they are relatively inexpensive and they improve the handling quality with everyone you replace. but to answer your question, if you only HAVE to replace the lca's, you can. but once you do i guarantee you'll be hooked (pun intended). don't say i didn't tell you so
Old 12-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Staging Lane

ty everyone for the advice I know of the addiction I have me car build on paper and it's up to 10 grand. to 98TAjwh I got the subframe connectors already 3-point J&M weld ins and I love how they made the car handle SO much better my car out griped my old tires!