Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Order of upgrades after new tires/rims

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 01:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Order of upgrades after new tires/rims

Hi,

I'm a little confused on what the best order would be for my suspension + tires/rims.

I'm looking to get some 17x9.5 or 11s and LCAs, panhard bar, shocks, springs.

What I would like to know, would it be best to get adjustable suspension since I'll be getting bigger rims, tires? (I'm only getting bigger tires/rims for the back for now).

I know the springs I want will lower the sucker up to 1" according to Eibach, so I wanted to know if its better to wait AFTER rims/tires to get suspension or if its ok to go ahead and get suspension that mounts to the same places as stock but will be stronger.

Thanks!
Old 03-12-2012, 06:10 AM
BS
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 777Shock777
Hi,

I'm a little confused on what the best order would be for my suspension + tires/rims.

I'm looking to get some 17x9.5 or 11s and LCAs, panhard bar, shocks, springs.

What I would like to know, would it be best to get adjustable suspension since I'll be getting bigger rims, tires? (I'm only getting bigger tires/rims for the back for now).

I know the springs I want will lower the sucker up to 1" according to Eibach, so I wanted to know if its better to wait AFTER rims/tires to get suspension or if its ok to go ahead and get suspension that mounts to the same places as stock but will be stronger.

Thanks!
Get you the shocks of your choice (preferably Koni or Bilstein), Your Springs, an on car or double adjustable Panhard Bar and LCA Relocation Brackets (if needed). You can get the wheels and tires whenever you want.

Which Eibach Springs are you getting, the SLP Eibachs or one of the Pro-Kits? Have you considered Strano Springs? I have the LT1 Pro-Kit with SLP Bilsteins and I'm currently satisfied.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't forget the subframe connectors. The LCA's and SFC will make a huge difference in how your chassis feels. The Eibach's are said to ride like butt.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I was thinking of getting that SLP combo of the Bilstein shocks/Eibach springs.
Oh yes I wouldn't forget the Sub Frame Connectors.

I did a little bit of browsing and saw the Vogtland Springs on WS6store, (I usually do all my shopping on there), those looked pretty good with the Bilstein shocks.

But I figure with bigger tires, LCAs, SFCs, and a Panhard bar, I should have plenty of traction
Old 03-12-2012, 10:56 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 777Shock777
I was thinking of getting that SLP combo of the Bilstein shocks/Eibach springs.
Oh yes I wouldn't forget the Sub Frame Connectors.

I did a little bit of browsing and saw the Vogtland Springs on WS6store, (I usually do all my shopping on there), those looked pretty good with the Bilstein shocks.

But I figure with bigger tires, LCAs, SFCs, and a Panhard bar, I should have plenty of traction
If you're shopping at WS6Store, don't forget the UMI stuff!

SFC's won't change with tire size. An adjustable PHB will help you optimize your rear alignment to run maximum tire.

You may also find these interesting:

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=107

ramey
Old 03-12-2012, 11:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
If you're shopping at WS6Store, don't forget the UMI stuff!

SFC's won't change with tire size. An adjustable PHB will help you optimize your rear alignment to run maximum tire.

You may also find these interesting:

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=107

ramey
I actually just got a UMI Strut Bar a month or so ago.
I haven't looked at any other brand
Old 03-12-2012, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Check out Stranoparts.com for your springs. In fact Votglang makes his springs for him. He just prefers his rates better as he says they rears are to high. So a username search for Sam Strano and read some of the threads, he's a heavy hitter in the handling department.

Quick Reply: Order of upgrades after new tires/rims