Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Torque Arm assistance

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 03:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Torque Arm assistance

Im in need of an adjustable torque arm, for my 99 T/A with pacesetter LT's & TSP true duals. Anyone have any suggestions, Im open to trans mounted or a relocation.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:03 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Our BMR torque arm relocation crossmember along with our BMR adjustable torque arm would be an ideal setup for you since you have the TSP true duals on the car. This setup will get the torque arm off the tailshaft housing of the transmission so you won't have to worry about that being an issue and it will also clear the exhaust system.

If there is anything I can help you out with let me know.

Kyle

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I would prefer to get the torque arm mounted on something besides the trans. I wanted to get a setup that I weld in between the SFC's but I think the duals wont allow me to do that.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:06 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by firemech21
I would prefer to get the torque arm mounted on something besides the trans. I wanted to get a setup that I weld in between the SFC's but I think the duals wont allow me to do that.
You are correct, the TSP true dual exhasut system doesn't work with our more drag race oriented torque arms that incorporate a crossbrace that is mounted between the SFCs. There is just not enough clearance for it all to fit. If you want to get it off the transmission just use one of our torque arm relocation crossmembers along with one of our full length torque arms which will replace your stock crossmember and stock torque arm and it will allow you to bolt the torque arm to the crossmember itself rather than the tarnsmission. Wit this setup you get the torque arm off the transmission and you have plenty of clearance for the exhaust. We have had people run low 8 second 1/4 mile passes with this setup so not only is it good on the street but it can work well at the track.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 05-02-2012, 12:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
You are correct, the TSP true dual exhasut system doesn't work with our more drag race oriented torque arms that incorporate a crossbrace that is mounted between the SFCs. There is just not enough clearance for it all to fit. If you want to get it off the transmission just use one of our torque arm relocation crossmembers along with one of our full length torque arms which will replace your stock crossmember and stock torque arm and it will allow you to bolt the torque arm to the crossmember itself rather than the tarnsmission. Wit this setup you get the torque arm off the transmission and you have plenty of clearance for the exhaust. We have had people run low 8 second 1/4 mile passes with this setup so not only is it good on the street but it can work well at the track.
Your TA will allow the exhaust to be tucked up another inch correct?
Old 05-02-2012, 03:48 PM
FormerVendor

Our 2002 uses UMI P/N 2205 and 2207 to relocate off the trans.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo..._page=02camaro
Old 05-02-2012, 04:27 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by sscamaroburn02
Your TA will allow the exhaust to be tucked up another inch correct?
The torque arm doesn't dictate where the exhaust sits, the floor of the car does. Y-pipe setups run down the opposite side of the driveshaft tunnel than the torque arm. If you are planning on running true duals, our TA shouldn't impact the exhaust clearance much more than the stock arm would.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 05-02-2012, 06:32 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by firemech21
I have a tunnel mount torque arm that is designed just for the TSP duals, will work with any rearend with a traditional type mount, and includes a driveshaft loop at no extra cost. Best of all is it is the highest quality and the best price. Give me a call and I'd be happy to get you more info.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:28 PM
12 Second Club

Will either bmr or umi's crossmember mounts clear my true duals? Already running a full lenght umi arm...

Old 06-02-2012, 03:32 PM
FormerVendor

Good afternoon.

Our black car was very similar. P/N 2205 and 2207.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo..._page=02camaro

ramey
Old 06-02-2012, 06:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah coolman I have the same setup with the cross member. Everything clears fine. I recently added bmt springs and after I could shove my exhaust up an inch or two because the torque arm moved up.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:35 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by coolmanvette75
Will either bmr or umi's crossmember mounts clear my true duals? Already running a full lenght umi arm...

I will need to see where the exhaust curves around the factory transmission brace. From this photo, I don't think there will be a problem at all.
- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Quick Reply: Torque Arm assistance