Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

how much is too much difference?? suspension gurus come in!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default how much is too much difference?? suspension gurus come in!

first off i know that ideally you want no difference in measurements when it come to stuff like this ie. panhard adjustments, wheel well centering of the wheels etc. but my question is how much of a difference can you get away with before poblems start to arise.

i have recently bought and installed pretty much every piece of suspension for the rear end of the car. i have the panhard adjustment spot on, no difference in the two sides, however when i had my rear lca brackets welded on it seems the installer has welded them on in very slightly different spots, when i installed the arms they were equally centered in the wheel well, now after the new brackets are on they are apprx 1/4 " off from each other i dont have a problem with buying new adj rear lcas (i have non adj ones on it now) but i would rather not spend the money if my tiny bit of difference isnt going to cause any problems
Old 06-11-2012, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 149 Likes on 120 Posts

Front end alignment can compensate for the thrust angle. Your pinion will will be at an angle though, maybe not enough to cause serious vibration.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmm didnt consider the driveshaft angle, i plan on buying the adj lcas (soon hopefully) but this came to mind when i was looking for them earlier.